“Would stay again and recommend!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3322 Red Roof Place, Louisville, KY 40218 (South Side)   |
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
“Would stay again and recommend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Very clean, easy to get to. In a part of town that seems business based but not as bad as others seem to think. Beds were comfortable, service was great. The front desk gal even made a huge effort to get us a floor room, since it was after midnight and we had a toddler to carry in, she did so without us asking. All in all a great experience!

• Stayed April 2014
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you so much for the very good review. It is nice to hear that my Guest Service Representative anticipated your needs and was able to provide the first floor room for you. Traveling with a toddler can be a challenge with all of the stuff that they need. The next time you come back to visit you may want to check out the Louisville Zoo which is only 1.5 miles from the hotel. My grandkids have a great time when they go especially since they had a splash park to play in on those hot summer days. We have added The Disney Chanel and Nickelodeon to our TV line-up to make us a much better value for guest with children. I hope to see you soon.

Debbie Glasgow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Naperville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The area where the hotel itself does not look the best, but it was very quiet and not bad at all. The staff was very friendly and I was actually really impressed by the room (I've never stayed at a hotel with hardwood floors). I would definitely stay again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you so much for the very nice review. We love the new flooring as do most of our guest. The room has a much more modern look. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the attractions that the city has to offer like the Louisville Zoo and the underground zip line that is only 1.5 miles from the hotel. Kentucky Kingdom amusement park opens May 24th. We are only 15 minutes from downtown Louisville where you could enjoy a ride on the Belle Of Louisville or go to the Louisville Slugger Museum and take a tour of the factory where the baseball bats are made. Please come back and visit soon.

Independence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on 4/8/14 after a bad experience at a Red Roof Inn in another city the night before.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room we had at this Red Roof was ten times nicer and didn't stink of smoke. It actually seemed like it had a lot of new aspects to it, as the banner on the front advertised.

We had a king size deluxe room which looked like it had new(er) flooring, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and a nice desk with plenty of room.

Kudos to the management and staff here for keeping things nice and thanks for letting us experience a good stay with Red Roof.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for the very nice review. I am glad that we were able to show you how great Red Roof Inns are. We take pride in our job and have a heart for service. I hope you enjoyed some of the great restaurants and attraction Louisville has to offer. The next time you come to visit you should try Kentucky Kingdom our new amusement park that opens May 24th which is only a few miles from the hotel or the Louisville Zoo that is only about 1.5 miles from the hotel. Thanks again for the great review and I hope to see you soon.

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

When I pulled into the parking lot, I have to admit, I was a little concerned about the area, especially as a woman staying here alone. I was expecting to be right next to the Fair & Expo Center, but that isn't really the case (my fault for not looking at the map). It's actually a couple of miles down the highway. But my stay ended up being very pleasant. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet - that's all I needed. It was obvious the description about the recently renovated rooms was accurate. The refrigerator makes a bit too much noise when it's cycling, but I didn't hear the highway nearby, nor the other guests, which all seemed to be construction workers and truckers. Everyone I encountered at the front desk was very nice and helpful, and they offer free coffee in the lobby as well as a coffee maker in the "deluxe" rooms. Again, the neighborhood may put you off at first sight, but it turned out to be convenient, with a gas station and restaurants right next door and down the street, and easy access to the highway. For the price, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for the very nice review. As a woman traveling alone I know that feeling comfortable in your surroundings is very important. I have worked here for over 25 years and I always feel safe and comfortable. It is good to know that my staff was very friendly and made you feel at ease. You are right we are not next door to the fairgrounds but an easy commute of less than 2.5 miles. I hope you were able to enjoy some of the great restaurants and attractions that Louisville has to offer. Spring is a great time to be in Louisville. The spring meet at Churchill Downs begins on April 28th and The Kentucky Derby is May 3rd this year. We are only 6 miles from the track. You should come back and see us soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Great place to stay! Large very clean rooms. Our king room came with microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, blow dryer, ironing board and iron. Plus it had a nice size area with an L shaped computer desk. I was amazed at how clean and comfortable the room was. Front desk workers were very friendly and helpful... especially Kimberly L. She assisted us with all of our directions, told us about local events and generally made our stay pleasant!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you so much for the very nice review. I will be sure to tell Kimberle that you appreciated her service. I hope she directed you to some fun activities like the underground zip line or Fourth Street live. We have some pretty awesome restaurants too. One of my favorites is Ramsi's.

Our Superior King rooms are very nice and well equipped with every amenity that you mentioned at a reasonable rates. The housekeeping and maintenance staff take pride in keeping the property clean and well maintained.

I hope to see you soon!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stay here every year when I attend the largest military antique show in the USA....the Show Of Shows. The rooms are great....they are clean, comfortable....and the rates are great! The staff are really friendly. My pet rabbits love it here too! I'm looking forward to my stay next year when I am again in Louisville. You should stay here too! Two rabbit ears up!!
(\ (\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Room Tip: No ice machine on every floor.....ask at front desk.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
It is always a pleasure to welcome you and your bunny home for the antique military show. It is always nice to hear when our guest enjoy their stay and like the service that we provide. I hope you were able to go out and enjoy some of the sights that the city has to offer like The Kentucky Derby Museum or The Frazier Historical Arms Museum. When you come back you might want to try the new barbeque restaurant out from. I am looking forward to seeing you soon.

Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

It was great nice clean rooms friendly people good location like all upgrades wood floors new beds and linen big screen TV love the non smoking great staff Kelli Rebecca Kim deb. When asked for good locations to visit they were able to give me information on unic places in Louisville.

• Stayed March 2014
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you so much for writing the very nice review. We take pride in the cleanliness of the hotel. I will be sure to tell Rebecca, Kelli and Kimberle that you appreciate their service. I hope they recommended the underground zip lines and the Louisville Slugger Museum. Both are great places to visit. The next time you come to Louisville you may want to try Kentucky Kingdom Amusement park. It opens May 24th and we are only 2.5 miles from the park. I hope to see you soon.

Debbie Glasgow

Been to Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!