“A winner for the Kentucky Derby!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3322 Red Roof Place, Louisville, KY 40218 (South Side)   |
Ranked #15 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
“A winner for the Kentucky Derby!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I had mixed feelings about booking this hotel, but the reviews swayed me toward it. We had originally planned to stay at a swanky downtown hotel, but it was going to cost well over $3000 for 3 nights. We paid over $300 a night for this hotel, but it was far less expensive so we could actually enjoy ourselves at the racetrack. Location was great, staff was helpful, and the rooms were updated and immaculate! We were so close to Churchill Downs that we didn't pay a ton for cab fare, either. This Red Roof was my one winning pick of the racing weekend!

• Stayed May 2013
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I'm so glad that you decided to place a safe bet on us. We are very proud of our property and I think I have the best staff around. You can reserve your next Derby Trip today and not have to pay for it until March 2014. Thank you!

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The front desk clerk, Kimberle, was extremely accomodating. The hotel room was clean (I usually do a "finger test" for dust and ALWAYS look at the floors). It is a smoke free hotell and I appreciate that very much! The rooms look like they have been recently re-decorated very tastefully. This was my second time staying at this hotel, and I must say, my other experience was just as wonderful. Since my daughter goes to college nearby, we will be staying there whenever we are in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for the very nice review. Kimberle is a very good employee and takes very good care of our guest. I'm so glad to hear that you do a white glove inspection and found our rooms to meet your standards. My housekeeping staff work very hard. I look forward to seeing you again when you come to visit your daughter.

Brazil, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very nice, friendly at both locations. I left my credit card at the airport location by mistake and Brandon called to reassure me he had secured it and Kimberle calmed me as I got to the Fair grounds location and couldn't find it. Both places were nice clean facilities with great staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the very nice review. I will certainly let Brandon and Kimberle know how they made you feel. We do have some great employees at the Red Roof Inn. Come back and visit us again very soon.

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are clean. Beds are really comfortable. Place is very clean and taken care of. Newly remodeled. There is delicious restaurants out front. LOVE the chinese restaurant. Rebecca has to be the nicest girls I've ever met. She takes good care of you. I will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel. I agree that Rebecca is very nice and helpful. The next time you come to visit you should try the African Restaurant it is very good also. I hope to see you again soon.

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was in Louisville on business and stayed at this location for one night. Was very pleased, the front desk person was very friendly and professional. My room was clean and quiet. Check in and check out were quick and easy. My bed was comfortable and the TV was easy to operate. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. My staff works very hard to provide exceptional service. They enjoy hearing that a guest has noticed. Please come back and visit the nex time you find yourself in Louisville.

Williamstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here a couple of years ago and noted some improvements:

Pros-Extremely clean and updated amenities (except heating/cooling unit); good water pressure; good customer service from employees; plentiful parking.

Cons-all rooms have outside entrance and since the building is smoke-free, all the smoking guests lurk around outside in the parking lot or outside the room entrances, making it a bit awkward and creepy; no in-room coffee makers or hairdryers.

My room was exceptionally clean and well-appointed. My neighbors were having "a bad day" and consequently were in and out of their room, smoking, fussing, and in generally being noisy which continued late into the evening. This was the "luck of the draw" (I could have asked for a different room but I really didn't want the inconvenience, so I just suffered). I didn't feel unsafe, I just didn't sleep well due to the commotion going on outside my room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs toward the end of the building, away from the stairwell.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DRG1957, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review. I am very proud of my staff. They work very hard to ensure that everyone has a clean comfortable room. You may want to try our superior king room in the future. It has a microfridge and coffee pot in the room. I look forward to serving you again soon.

Geneal Manager
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way to Ohio. Check in was easy, the room was very clean and up to date with large flat screen TV and comfy bed. Wi-fi worked well, so no problems. We would stay again if we came through Lousiville again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We take great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the flat screen TV's. Please come back and visit us soon.