“Pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Bardstown, Kentucky
“Pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stopped off for a night with my extremely hot boyfriend. First glance at the hotel and I was impressed with the staff and cleanliness of the room. They were very knowledgeable and gracious they recommended an excellent romantic restaurant on bardstown road. I will stay here always. Satisfied and loving it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

188 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the nest kept secret in Louisville. I was on buisness and stopped off at the Red Roof Inn off Newburg Road. Fortuanately for me the staff was very recieving and got me a room even when I didn't have reservations during a extremely busy time for their season. Kelli, Kimberly and the manager Debbie were very knowledgeable with the area and recommended excellet food fair. Also, I had a bit of a problem with the air conditioner, but Judy took care of it immediately and I had cool air for the rest of my stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Great price, great people and a comfortable bed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

When there was a power outage, my family and I spent a night here. Apparently, the room have not been kept up or renovated. The carpet was threadbare and the bathroom door stuck. This was the hotel from the night before Halloween.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
DRG1957, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Most guest find the hotel to be clean and well maintained. I am sorry that we dropped the ball with you. We are starting a new renovation project in the fall and I think you will be very impressed. I hope that you will give us another try.

Debbie
Perryville,ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Was very pleased with stay. Was here for two weeks and had no problems. Nothing fancy but everything is cleaned and washed even bed spreads. Got a weekly rate less than some hotels charge for one night so how can I complain.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

It was our 1st time to travel with our 2 dogs, we choose Red Roof because they were pet friendly. The staff were very accomodating, Kimberle in the front desk was fun to talk to & shared places & things we can do while visiting. Everything had gone so well during our 2 day stay, unfortunately just before we checked out, we decided to visit The Cavern by the time we got back to the hotel 1 of our dog had bitten on the side panel. It was carpet & got pulled off the wall, we felt so bad & offered to pay for it. She manager was nice enough not to let us pay for it. Hopefully this does not happen a lot to them, but it was greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Avon, Oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in May 2012 while I visited Louisville for work. The room was spacious with a work desk, king sized bed, a mini fridge, and a microwave. The room smelled clean and looked clean with no noticeable cracks, peeling paint, or stains on the walls or carpet. The free internet had decent speed. Also, the hotel was right off the I-264 with easy access to downtown Louisville. The only drawback to this hotel was it was in a sketchy area with lots of abandoned buildings and shut-down businesses. I would recommend this hotel If you just need a reasonably priced place to stay for a couple of nights in Louisville.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Having a hard time believing everyone loved this place so much! People were nice but that's about it. Room had been updated but we found bugs in the room. Spent all day out on a Sunday( nearly 15 hours), when we got back the room was NOT cleaned. Then when I went to ask for towels, she gave them to us but couldn't find wash rags.. Had to drive at least 2 exits away to find food or gas or anything. Overall, very disappointed based on the reviews here. We would never have stayed at a Red Roof Inn except it was rated so highly on Trip Advisor. It was NOT the best experience. Won't be back!

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We have 5 restaurants directly in front of the hotel but you are right most full service unique restaurants are one exit east of us on Bardstown Road. You would just go north off of the exit and will find a restaurant on every block. We also have maps and a listing of our favorite places at the front desk.
In the fall we will start renovation the hotel. I think you will be amazed at how different the rooms will look. Please come back and give us a try again.

Again, Iam sorry that we did not exceed your expectations.

Debbie

Been to Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!