“A few glitches, but all in all a pleasant stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3322 Red Roof Place, Louisville, KY 40218 (South Side)   |
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Memphis, Tennessee
“A few glitches, but all in all a pleasant stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed here for a couple of days on business. We arrived to find the phones were not working and there was no phone book in our room. Normally this would not have mattered, but it was an inconvenience due to the nature of our business. However, the internet worked like a dream and it was particularly easy to connect to it. The staff was friendly and while one didn't really go out of her way to help us when we told her how much we needed a phone book, her day shift relief kindly located one and brought it to our room (I'm just going to assume she did not assist us due to safety concerns or other protocols because everyone else was extremely friendly and helpful).

The rooms were really clean, and there was a nifty desk that was perfect for taking care of business. The only con was that the "extras" that I am accustomed to were lacking. There was no small fridge,microwave, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, or coffee maker. I have stayed in similarly priced places that offered some i f not all of the above (they do have complimentary toiletries). Despite this, it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend it if you are looking for a clean, safe place for a good price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Williamstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Pro's--Easy access to major highways, clean and neat rooms, good Internet access, great water pressure in the shower, fast and friendly customer service

Con's--A little road noise if you're on the back side of the hotel, no hair dryers or in-room coffee makers, could use an extra blanket for the bed.

I stayed one night at the Red Roof and for $49.99 (plus tax,the AAA rate), this place is a steal. The room was frigid upon entering, but a quick re-set on the A/C took care of that. I was impressed with how clean the room was, including the bedding, linens, and bathroom.

You stay at the Red Roof because it's a bargain-priced hotel, so you're not going to get super-duper luxuries. But I scored a free cup of coffee on my way out in the morning, and the front desk associates were cheerful and helpful.

I'd definitely stay here again.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We had a wonderful experience at this Red Roof Inn. We were able to get checked in quickly and the service was great. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Our room was very clean and had great amenities (refrigerator, desk, Wi-Fi). There was plenty of space and the beds were very comfortable. We were given a map and list of some area attractions which was perfect. All of this for a great price. We highly recommend this Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Louisville KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I stayed at the Inn during a recent trip home for my family reunion. We rented several rooms for our family and all of them were really nice. This hotel was clean and had a very friendly, helpful staff. It also has easy access to I-65. Thanks to Kimberly Statton-Linehan for helping us get the rooms for all of our family members close together! I highly recommend staying at this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I have stayed at this location several times and always had a pleasant stay. Very clean and great service.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

You know what a Red Roof Inn is, right? Basic rooms (1 bed or two FULL, not queen) that face the outside. Very cheap. And this one is a great value and very clean and pleasant. We used it just to sleep, to have a place that is dog-friendly, and to save money. If you have a dog, the parking lot is surrounded by grass and old-growth trees, so it's easy to walk it. Would recommend this hotel for sure if someone is looking for this type of lodging.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I was traveling alone to Michigan from Louisiana for some unpleasant personal business. I needed a place to stay, and my son, who's a welder and on the road all the time recommended Red Roof Inns, as he's spent many, many weeks living in hotel rooms.

I spent an hour here at TripAdvisor.com looking at these reviews, and chose this particular Red Roof Inn because of the very positive comments, way more and better than the other two properties in the area.

My son made the reservation for me. I arrived quite late (after 11pm) after a 750 mile drive with more to go in the morning. The property was very well kept, the room recently (within a year or so) remodeled and very comfortable. But the best part of all was the young woman at the desk when I arrived.

Her name is Brandi, and she did everything she possibly could to make sure my stay, though brief, was comfortable. She got me into a Superior King room at a great price, was so professional and yet genuinely friendly and concerned that I get a good night's sleep.

I have to make this drive again shortly, and this is where I'll stay, again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn - Louisville SE - Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!