“Drury is one of the best places to stay that you'll find” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Louisville

You added Drury Inn & Suites Louisville to your Saves list
Drury Inn & Suites Louisville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9501 Blairwood Rd, Louisville, KY 40222 (East Louisville)   |
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Alexandria VA
“Drury is one of the best places to stay that you'll find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Drury Hotels are awesome!!! This was my 2nd stay here. The customer service is excellent. Stayed here for the BMX race at EP Sawyer Park for the East Coast Division Finals this year.

Love the big chandelier in the lobby and the see through glass elevator. Parking is very convenient for the side entrance and elevator. They even had a washer & dryer in the laundry room. Would have been nice if you could just charge that to your room with your key card rather than having to get quarters from the front desk though.

They do have the 5:30 to 7 p.m. kick back, but unfortunately was at the track till after 7 each night, so missed it all 3 nights. Also, had the same issue w/ the breakfast hours as last stay. Had hoped that would have been changed based on my last review 2 years ago, but it hasn't. The breakfast hours I were 6 - 9:30 a.m. during the week and 7 - 10 a.m. during the weekend, which again was the opposite of what I needed. I didn't have to be at the track until 11 or so during the week, but then had to be there at 8 a.m. on Sunday. So only got breakfast 1 out of the 3 mornings.

The refrigerator was a little bit small though. Have stayed in other hotels recently and had a slightly larger refr. Hope the Drury gets a little bit bigger refr before my next stay next year. Also hope they change the breakfast hours. Just make it 6 - 10 every day please.

Renee was great at the front desk on Sunday. Wasn't supposed to be racing on Sunday, but do to a lot of rain, they moved Sat night's Mains to Sun at 8 a.m., which through off our plans. She allowed a slightly later check out at noon since we had just gotten back to the hotel at 11 and had let her know that morning it might happen. Also housekeeping had somehow missed our room 1 day when we left a bit later, but the front desk person helped us get new towels and took our trash when asked, no problem.

Love that they allow pets w/ no extra fee. So excellent all around value for the money. Can't beat a Drury. Wish I could stay at them every time.

Room Tip: Stayed in room # 510 with 2 double beds. Very convenient in the middle of the hallway between the f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I started going to The Drury Inn because I was traveling with my two dogs and they are a pet friendly hotel.
I am so impressed by how friendly and professional the staff is. Every time I stay there I get the red carpet treatment.
The dinner buffet always has a good variety of food. The breakfast buffet as well.
Rooms are clean and comfortable.
I will continue to stay here when passing through on my travels....even if I don't have my pets!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Long Island NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I like Drury hotels and I have had nothing but good things to say however this stay concerned me. I always select a non smoking hotel when I travel and this trip was no exception. This hotel advertises as a smoke free hotel and they are FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS! Prior to that it allowed smoking. Upon check in I was shown to my room and after opening the door I was not happy. To their credit the staff changed my room and made sure my next room did not smell like smoke. However if the hotel was full and I was not able to change rooms I would have been most unhappy.
So in summary, if staying in a non smoking hotel is important make sure upon making your reservation that you personally speak with hotel management on site to personally assure you that your room will be, in fact free from smoke odor.

Room Tip: Make sure you are assured of a room that does not smell like smoke before you arrive
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Louisville, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We appreciate your feedback about our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations after checking in. As you mentioned, we did recently convert to become 100% smoke-free. We understand that some guests may be more sensitive to the past smell of smoke, but please accept our promise that we have professionally deep cleaned each and every room that we converted during our transition period. While we don't expect our guests to encounter an issue, our goal is to provide a guest experience that is better than expected.

I am pleased to hear that our team was able to accommodate your needs and were able to switch rooms for you right away, as well as personally make sure the next room did not have an odor. If your travels bring you back to Louisville, please consider giving Drury another chance, we would love to have you as our guest again!
Scottsville, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

A two room King Suite with two flat screen televisions, excellent WiFi, highly functional bathroom with separate vanity, at AAA rates, cost my family $308 for two nights. Results will vary by family, but let’s do a little math on this one.

Drury Inn and Suites in Louisville is the Grandmother of Hotels. They will not let you go hungry. Go to their place and one can gorge themselves with all the popcorn and soft drinks one can consume from 3:00 to 10:00; the next day one can wander down to a breakfast spread of sausage, gravy, eggs, biscuits, seasoned potatoes, fruits, piping hot oatmeal with toppings of brown sugar or raisins, and plenty of orange juice in which to wash it down. Then from 5:30 to 7:00 PM EST, seven days a week, there is a pretty decent dinner served that can include pasta, chicken, baked potatoes, nachos, chips, and more. And all these extras are free (or included in the room rate).

So, let us say that one has a family of four (again, these estimates will vary per family) consisting of two parents and two children. And let us say one goes next door to the Olive Garden. At $15 per meal including drinks, it would be easy to drop $60 plus tip on that family. (Sure, the pasta at OG might be tastier than what the Drury serves up, but at what cost?)

Let’s say your family instead would like to eat at McDonalds. At $6 per meal, that is $24 per dinner. Breakfast would be around $15, conservatively, at the Golden Arches. Long math short, if you choose the Drury Meal Plan, that is a savings of $39 to $75 (again conservatively) per day. That would adjust your true room rate to approximately $75 to $110 per night. Knock out the breakfast of which other hotels offer, and you still are looking at $90 to $125 per night for a hotel that is as wonderful and friendly as all the other reviews on Trip Advisor indicate. Not a bad deal.

The only negative to this hotel is the location just off Hurstbourne which is ultra-busy most of the time. Traffic is really bad. On the other hand, if one isn't worried about the money or traffic, every imaginable restaurant is within three of four miles. Access to interstate 64 is very close as well.

Head to the lobby, eat up, and enjoy the savings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here both to and from our destination in North Carolina. Our first night we arrived in time for the free food and drinks. The food consists of hot dogs, chili, soda, baked potatoes chicken strips. This worked out great for our family since we didn't have to eat somewhere else after a long day of traveling.
On our way back a week later, we stayed again. Unfortunately, we missed the meal, but the Assistant Manager honored my previous rate, which saved us about $20 so we ordered a pizza from a place he recommended. He also allowed us to eat in their eating area which was nice. Both visits, all the staff were great and everyone always has a smile on their face. We love to stay at Drury Inns when we can because of the free food, both evenings and breakfast; very clean and up to date rooms, and they allow pets without charging a fee. Very family friendly and I highly recommend them!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
EVANSVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I can always count on the Drury chain to provide a clean and comfortable stay...with my dogs, of course! I love the fact that it is so very pet-friendly. The staff was outstanding and worked their "tails" off. The property was full both nights and they handled it flawlessly. They never ran out of food, which I expected. Zack and Mary...I think I have the names correct...front desk and bartender/caterer...were super nice and always had a smile on. My niece loved the pool...very cool that it was both inside and outside. She also loved the soap dispensers in the shower :) My dad was with us and he couldn't believe the value. They are looking to stay at a Drury for their next trip because of his experience with me. If I had one thing that created a challenge, it would be that our room was on the 4th floor...kinda a jaunt to potty the dog, but not bad. The potty area was wonderful...although, no everyone was picking up after their pet. Not the fault of the property, but very frustrating because it reflects poorly on the responsible pet owners. I also loved the secured parking area...felt very safe there. Love Drury!!! Oooh, one last thing...Drury has the best pillows :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and really liked how clean it was and nicely remodeled. It was also very quiet and the fact that they allow pets and have a happy hour buffet included in the fee is really nice for weary travelers. It was quiet too which is always a plus in a hotel and we enjoyed our stay very much!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Louisville? Share your experiences!