“Always clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Louisville

Save Saved
You added Drury Inn & Suites Louisville to your Saves list
Drury Inn & Suites Louisville
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9501 Blairwood Rd, Louisville, KY 40222 (East Louisville)   |
Ranked #7 of 95 hotels in Louisville
“Always clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I stay in Louisville a couple nights a month. The Drury Inn Blairwood is my favorite choice to stay at. It is always clean and it is in a safe area. The breakfast and evening meal is always good. The rooms are quiet and laid out well. The pricing fits my companies budgeted amount for overnight stays. There are multiple restaurants around the hotel and it is easy to get in and out of. I will stay at Drury Inn anytime they are available when traveling.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband, cocker spaniel and I travel to North Carolina 5 or 6 times a year to visit our daughter. We first tried the Drury Inn and Suites this past Thanksgiving. The hotel was very busy, but the front desk people couldn't have been nicer. We have stayed at many "pet friendly" hotels, but this hotel is SERIOUSLY pet friendly. They have a wonderful free "kick back" happy hour, and the food they serve is a meal, not just appetizers. What a wonderful option-not to have to leave your hotel for food after a long travel day. And did I mention FREE?
We stopped again on our way home from the Christmas holiday, and again we were so, so happy! Employees are helpful and friendly and really want you to have a good experience. The rooms are clean and very comfortable-we had a king. And unlike many pet-friendly hotels, the rooms did not reek of Febreeze! Everything here makes me want to come back every time I am in the area. Thanks, Drury Inn for a great hotel experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Ever since we adopted a dog, my wife and I like to travel her. We typically have to downgrade our hotel expectations with our pup, but Drury Inn and Suites is the type of hotel we never expect to visit. It seems so nice that I want to ask: "Are you sure you want to let our dog in here?"

The staff here is very nice, as are the perks: not just breakfast, but snacks and beverages in the evening too.

The hotel has a luxurious feel to it, so its clean rooms are no shock after walking through the lovely lobby.

There are plenty of shops and restaurants around -- so whether you need a quick meal or time to kill, you'll find something.

The best part of all this, though? We didn't pay much more than we'd pay at a Red Roof Inn. I love everything about this place, and will be looking it up again whenever I next find myself in Louisville.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have stayed at Drury Inns several times, with no problems. We usually book through the hotel itself, rather than through reservations (it seems we get a better rate).
I want to thank Renee at the front desk for being so courteous and willing to make this our choice. Each manager (Zack?) worked with other staff members very hard during their evening snacks and breakfast times, filling in where needed. They were crowded but worked together to see to it everyone was taken care of. The pool and hot tub were very clean and relaxing. Our room was a king, very clean, spacious and comfortable.
For the evening they served baked potato, hot dogs, chips, salsa and cheese, chilli, mac & cheese, and salad. They had their regular menu for breakfast with b-n-g, eggs, cereal, waffles, pastries, sausage, plus fresh fruits and yogurt.
The only negative to our stay....everywhere you turned there were dogs. They were on leashes, but everywhere, in the eating area, elevators, hallways. I have allergies, but did not notice any problems.
The staff is just excellent.
The hotel is conveniently located just off two major roads. We would stay here again, "if the price is right".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I used to travel with work and always stayed at Drury Hotels when when one was available. This family owned chain is just as I remember, excellent! I received an email promotional rate and booked a two-room suite for our weekend getaway. The room was clean and well appointed. A wall mounted thermostat is a sure sign that your staying in a nice hotel ;)
Staff members we were in contact with were all very friendly and helpful. Free extras included free Internet, free parking, an evening reception with drinks and snacks and a hot breakfast complete with sausage,biscuits,gravy, waffles ect...
It's been a while since I stayed with Drury, I'll be back more often.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

1. There were dogs everywhere, we expected much more from a high quality hotel chain.
2. If your room key card even comes close to your cell phone, iPod, or credit card it is instantly demagnetized and won't work. Then you have to go down to the front desk to get it re-carded. In order for them to re-card it, they demand to see your ID. Duh!! My ID is in my room!!
3. They advertise that it has free hot breakfast but every morning they ran out of food and the breakfast area was a disaster. (No worries though, the dogs can lick it up) They claim the food truck didn't come, but if you are paying for a hot breakfast you should get a hot breakfast.
The quality of the food and the selection was poor too. The eggs were almost liquid they were so raw and the gravy was disgusting and cold.... when there was gravy.
4. In both our room and our parents room, the remote controls to the tv didn't work.
5. We heard multiple people complaining at the front desk and so we know many other people were unhappy. The customer service was poor.

• Stayed December 2012
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Louisville, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

Your comments will help us address the issues you brought to our attention so we can improve our service. I personally want to say that I appreciate you being honest and reporting a problem to me personally the evening I first met you, but regret we weren't able to fix the issue prior to that point in time. Please note, as mentioned above, that your honesty will provide us with the necessary feedback for ongoing training.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Best Regards,

Zachary Davis
Assistant General Manager
DeKalb, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Very accommodating workers-especially at breakfast and snack hour times. Clean rooms. Beds were kind of soft for my taste. Pool area was nice. Confusing one way roads by entrance. Suites rooms were roomy.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Louisville? Share your experiences!