“Mixture of experiences” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast

You added Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4100 Hampton Lake Way, Louisville, KY 40241 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #7 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Kentucky
“Mixture of experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

BELOW AVERAGE ITEMS: Our problems were with a maintenance issue and housekeeping staff. The tub drained VERY slowly...not pleasant to be standing in water over your ankles at the end of a shower. The issue was reported to housekeeping, but that's another story (see below). The sink was also somewhat slow to drain. On the two mornings we didn't leave early, housekeeping banged (did not knock quietly) on the door by 8:30. On the one day my son told them he would be leaving before 10, they failed to come back to the room at all. They did leave a note saying they were respecting our privacy and leaving a back of necessities, but there wasn't a bag outside the door. The next day, they removed all the dirty towels, but failed to leave any fresh ones. We had to go to the lobby for some.

ABOVE AVERAGE: Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Great location that is convenient to a variety of restaurants and two large shopping areas. Also convenient to golf courses in Oldham County! Beds were ultra-comfortable as usual and public areas were clean, though a little dated. Wireless wi-fi was faster than typical.

JUST AVERAGE: Breakfast was average. Greek yogurt was a day out of date.

I explained our issues to the front manager before leaving. She seemed sincerely concerned and offered a discount or Hilton points. We took the Hilton points and felt she offered a fair compromise. That said, we probably won't return.

Room Tip: Our room did face the highway, but was quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jenny A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for taking to the time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor! I truly apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay! These issues are defiantly not Hampton standards and I completely understand the frustrations they might have caused! However, I'm happy to hear one of my Managers were able to take the time to make things right prior to your departure! I truly hope you give us another chance the next time you are in the Louisville area! We would love another chance to welcome you with our Hamponality!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you!

Jenny A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We selected this Hampton Inn because of the rating on Trip Advisor. It doesn't even have a lobby. Nice staff , limited amenities....I am not sure why it is rated number 9. We have stayed at several properties in Louisville, and they offered more. Our room is neat and clean. But come on folks who rate hotels, no way should this be rated as high as it. It is clearly a budget hotel.

Room Tip: It has wifi, but very difficult to log on.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy to hear our rooms were clean and staff was friendly during your stay! But I'm sorry we were not able to meet all of your amenity needs! The Hampton brand offers 24hr coffee, free breakfast, a workout room, 24hr business center, outdoor pool (property specific), and much more... I would love to hear your feedback as to what other options the brand can offer to satisfy your needs! We are always looking out for our guest and their satisfaction!

Please let me know if I can be of any additional service to you!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

As Hilton Honors members, we are well-acquainted with Hampton Inns and this one is outstanding in every way. Easy access from the interstate, very friendly and helpful staff, exceptionally clean rooms and public areas, excellent breakfast and breakfast area. Located just a few minutes from two shopping malls and multiple restaurants. 15 minutes to downtown. All of this for a very reasonable price. Already booked for our next trip to Louisville.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a shining review on TripAdvisor! We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you,

Pittsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Generally clean. Maybe a little more attention to details in the lobby and common areas. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast. Good location off of I265. Easy to get to I64. Eating places close.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! The attention to detail has been noted, and I truly hope you can see the improvement next time you stay with us!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of any assistance to you!

Garden City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

One of the nicer Hampton's I have stayed at, clean, well maintained, quite, friendly helpful staff, what more could you ask for. I will be back. If this review isn't long winded enough for trip advisor then too bad, don't bother to post it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the excellent 5 star review! Your experience with us was sweet and to the point... defiantly long enough! :)

We look forward to seeing you again very soon,

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great stay. Evening front counter gentleman was very nice and helpful quick to get rollaway to us and fix a sticky door that wouldn't open.

Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn

Great location. Near stores and many food options

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bob,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! I'm thrilled to hear the front desk was able to quickly accommodate your needs. We look forward to seeing you next you are in the Louisville area!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of any assistance to you!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We have seen nicer hampton inns. We stayed over night on our way to Florida. Light bulb broken all over our night stand, bath tub looked dirty. Front desk staff was outside most of the evening hanging out with the smoking crowd. Dust all around the edges if the room. Elevator door had taped on hampton inn sign that was jerry rigged back on as it was peeling off. Bath towels were thin and crispy. Not the worst but definitely not the best.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ms. Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! I truly apologize for the cleanliness issues your encountered during your stay! These issues are not Hampton standards and I truly apologize for these inconveniences! I appreciate your feedback so we can make improvements, but I'm sorry this is what you experienced! As this is not typical for this property! I hope you give us another chance the next time you are in the Louisville area!

Please reach out to me if I can be of any other service to you,

Jenny A.

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville-Northeast? Share your experiences!