“Some good, some bad” 2 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North

You added SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10101 Forest Green Boulevard, Louisville, KY 40223 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Some good, some bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

The good... The staff! Everyone is super friendly at this hotel. This however cannot 100% compensate for the challenges. The walls are super thin and many nights I was able to hear "everything" going on in the next room when the air conditioner was not running. The air conditioning is not ideal, it was either hot or cold and could not regulate the temperature in the room. The thermostat makes a loud clicking noise before the unit comes on and the actual unit was so loud it would wake me up every time it would come on. Despite having a channel line up card of over 40 channels you can only watch 14 which is problematic with kids. We ended up watching tv and movies on our lap tops. Finally, one day after returning to the hotel my room door was left cracked open, luckily nothing was stolen. If I had it to do over I would pass on this hotel as there are several other nice alternatives in the area.

Stayed July 2013
LouisvilleSpringHill, General Manager at SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for making the time to share your experience with me. Our guest feedback always helps us to improve as a team. I have shared the experience that you had with my team and want you to know that we use guest feedback like yours to put processes in place to prevent things from happening again. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. The satisfaction of our guests is very important to our team.
Kindest regards,
Carri Wright – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This trip was my first stay at a SpringHill Suites. I knew that it was a Marriott property so I had high expectations...and they were met! The junior suite was perfect for my 2 day business stay. Spacious and clean. The room had a work desk and a portable desk so that I could sit on the couch, read email and watch tv. The bed was very comfortable. i enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. One of the best I've experienced in a hotel of this type. This location was close to both of my meetings and had lots of dining options. The staff was friendly and efficient. No problems! I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stopped on our way through Louisville and this was a perfect hotel. Very nice area and convenient to many restaurants. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best we have had at hotels. Everyone was polite and very warm. This was a good choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

As an employee of one of Louisville's Corporate Campus clients, I not only frequently travel to Louisville, but always stay at the Springhill Suites while there. I have also stayed here with family during the KY State Fair, including my two small children. I must say that I have never been disappointed by the Springhill!

Having stayed there more than two dozen times in the last year, I am somewhat of an expert on this location. The rooms are always esceptionally clean, and smell great! They are well laid out, and make great use of the space. I love that each area seems to have its own space ( work, small kitchenette, lounge, bathroom, and of course the bed.)

The staff there have always been courteous, polite, and perfectly meet my needs with a smile on their faces. Once, I was called away on business quite urgently, and arrived with only half of my clothing, and none of my essential toiletry items! I was given toothbrush, toothpaste and a comb on the spot! On that same trip, I lost my keys in the parking lot, but didnt realize it until the next day! Talk about a bad trip! But the staff saved the day by having my keys waiting for me!

Its not to say I have not had any little glitches. Once, while staying during Derby week for work, there was a rather large group of unattended pre-teens in the hall outside of my room. They were making a little racket. I called the front desk and within minutes, the crowd disbanded and I was able to get some much needed sleep. Another time, I was assigned to a room and upon entering it, could automatically detect a slight chlorine smell (it was directly above the pool and I have severe migraines induced by strong smells). I went back downstairs and a very friendly gentleman by the name of Fernando immediately placed me in a much more suitable room.

I can't tell you how nice it is to be treated so kindly by hotel staff! It truly makes a difference. The Springhill has become my home away from home!

Some of the perks are of course the pool, which my children and husband have used in the past, as well as the cozy little fitness center, which I use on a regular basis. While not large, it has all of the essentials, and makes you feel comfortable. The lobby is very neat, and open, but promotes intimacy through the placement of the tables. I have been able to have meetings here before. The breakfast center is pretty nice too! I have a gluten allergy but am able to find yogurt, boiled eggs, and fruit to tide me over each morning. My family also enjoys the biscuits and gravy, waffles, eggs and sausage. And of course my boys love the cereal and juice! The area is always kept neat, clean and well-stocked.... Once again by friendly staff. And, of course, there is McAlister's Deli next door where I get all of my meals! Fabulous grilled chicken salad and tortilla soup!

I dont often write a nice review for hotels. Typically, I only think to write when I have had a bad experience. But I wanted everyone to know what an awesome place this is. Everything you need in a hotel. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor on the side facing away from Hurstbourne (usually an even number room)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed an extended weekend here. At check in the front desk was pleasant and asked if we needed any suggestions for what was in the area (which I thought was incredibly thoughtful.) The room itself was very clean and well laid out. Everything seemed new (not worn at all) so it is either newly remodeled or well taken care of. Our unit had a mini firge and microwave which was useful. The bed was plush and worth every penny of our rate (I always fear terrible beds and this was above and beyond acceptable.)

The only thing I can nit pick about was that there needed to be more lighting in the bathroom. The only lighting in our room (vanity is seperate) was the "warming" type light ficture outside the shower. It was pretty dim, even for general showering.

All in all, its somewhere I would definetely recommend for the night or for a week.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, protects from noise from the semi busy roadway the hotel boarders
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very clean and friendly staff at this hotel. Stayed here during the KY derby. It was about 12 miles away. I would stay here again if needed. Love Marriott. The beds here are so soft. You just have to love the charm of the south too. Thanks for the great stay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Flat Rock, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We requested a suite that would accomodate 3 adults with a door separating the LR and BR. I was assured over the phone that there was a door. Fortunately, the 3rd adult cancelled out, because quarters were tight, totally open with no door, and very visible throughout. Limited but nice bath products. Great location. Tons of fabulous restaurants and major shopping areas nearby. Beds ok, pillows not so great. Overall, not as comfortable or friendly as the Hampton Inns, but price was right.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor and room was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North? Share your experiences!