“Nice and clean, good location if you don't want to stay downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North

You added SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10101 Forest Green Boulevard, Louisville, KY 40223 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #36 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Delaware, OH
“Nice and clean, good location if you don't want to stay downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in April 2012. Our room was nice and clean and seemed to have been recently renovated. It had a mini fridge and microwave which was very convenient for keeping sodas and iced tea cold. Free breakfast in the mornings was very good. Front desk service was good. My only criticisms would be that the air conditioning in our room was loud and that the shower floor was VERY slippery.

We stayed here while visiting attractions in downtown Louisville. It was about a 15-minute drive into downtown and a fairly easy drive at that. I'd recommend this location if you do not want to stay in the city. There were lots of restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, etc., near the hotel so it was very convenient.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
LouisvilleSpringHill, General Manager at SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for making time to share your review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to tell other travelers about your experience here and hope that you will come back and see us the next time your travel needs bring you to Louisville! Thank you also for sharing your concerns. Please know that each posted comment is shared with my team so that we can make our guest experiences better and better. Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Get a high floor, and hope that the train whistles that blast at 2 and 4 in the morning won't wake you up. And hope again that the crowd of young teenage boys aren't above you. And make sure your room is located far away from where the trash is picked up - garbage trucks are VERY loud as they empty the dumpster. Rooms are pretty nice, but walls are thin. If you don't have a car, there is little you can walk to, save the deli next door (thankfully that are pretty good)

Room Tip: Get a high floor. It only has 4 floors, but the higher the better
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for making the time to share the details of your recent stay with us. Helping our guests get a good night's rest is very important to us. Please know that your concerns have been reviewed by our leadership team so that we can continue to improve our guest's experences. Thank you again and I hope you will consider our SpringHill again when your travels bring you to Louisville!
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This was our second stay here in a few years. Great price and nice room for the five of us. So close to the Louisville attractions. Wish the breakfast area was a little larger, it was hard for us all to sit down together to eat.

Room Tip: Chose the front of the building if you get a choice. It avoids road and train noise a bit.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Scottsville, Ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

This Springhill Suites sits in the middle of office buildings away from the hustle and bustle of many of Louisville activities. This is of course a pro for some and a con for others. A quick trip up Hurstborne and over to 264 makes for no more than a 20-25 minute drive to anything you want to see or do.

As for the hotel itself, our family had a really good stay. The suite was a little different but we enjoyed the variance. The bathroom was tucked away from the front door and the shower was very nice.

The bed was very,very comfortable and the ac unit was consistent and relatively quiet.

The breakfast was excellent with sausage, eggs, and some very good bisquits with the normal healthy fare as well.

Deanna at the front desk was super helpful and very friendly; and not a fake friendly. She really seemed happy to be helping.

And while we by and large have a HCT (High Child Tolerance) there were some 6-9 year olds running and talking very loud in the halls well after 11:00. A hotel representative came up to our floor (probably after complaints from someone) and asked them to quiten down. Where their parents were is anybody's guess.

We were in town for our son to play in a golf tournament and it worked well for us.

Just our opinion, but the sandwich shop next door, McAllisters, left a lot to be desired. Back up Hurstborne, past Shelbyville Rd, there are many outstanding chain restaurants.

If it's a location that works for you, don't hesitate to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from Hurstborne probably are a little quiter, but on the weekend not much is happe...
Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Given the star-rating and the Marriott nameplate, I guess I was expecting more. Like others have mentioned here, I too am surprised that Marriott puts its name on a place like this. Don't get me wrong, it's nice and clean, but just not Marriott-worthy IMHO. Here goes: Check-in was very fast/efficient/friendly. The hotel was very crowded with families (in February??) and my wife jokingly told Check-In that we'd need a room away from all the families. We ended up with one! We had a king room at the end of the 4th floor hall. Very people-quiet down there, but the room faced the busy street and the road noise was fairly loud. At one point in the middle of the night, I shot straight up in bed yelling "WHAT'S THAT??" (It was a truck rumbling by). No vending on the 4th floor that I could find. Just an ice machine. Give me a break. Hey, I'll spend $1.50 for a can of pop, just don't make me run all over the *&^%ing hotel for it!

That room was surprisingly small. It didn't help that it was designed with the utterly useless divider wall that just took up space. Plus, other walls jutting in and out. They call that a "suite"?? Ain't no *&^%ing way. There's absolutely no way I'd try to put more than 2 people in one of these rooms. Our 5th wheel camper seems more roomy!!

My wife and I got to laughing as to where they put the TV - straddling the divider wall. But, I guess it's what they had to work with, given that stupid room design. We ended up watching a video on our laptop at our feet - it was easier to watch than that TV.

Bed was nice and firm. However, all our room had was, like, 15 feather pillows. I had to stack 3 to get support - for 5 minutes before my head sunk through them to the mattress and I almost smothered!

The water closet with the toilet/tub was very...well...institutional. One dim stark white fluorescent light bulb - couldn't even read in there! Very gloomy. Wall paper coming up at the seams. Two thin "bath" towels. The vanity area was fine, though. However, the bathroom area with the open vanity area was right at the foot of the bed. When I was shaving in the a.m., the ambient light lit up my formerly sleeping wife. Oops. Again, the bath areas were very, very clean.

The decor is really...uh...functional. And straight/square. And kind of cheezy looking. I felt like I was sleeping in an Ikea store!! Not very warm/inviting. But hey, functional is OK!

Kitchenette was fine. Desk was very, very nice. Large uncluttered work surface, nice incandescent arm lamp with two outlets, very comfortable/adjustable desk armchair. Free wifi, but they still make you input the stupid code. For the love of...hardly any place makes you do that anymore. What, they think someone is going to sit in the parking lot pirating the signal?? Heck, McDonald's is right next door with free/code-less wifi!

Room and facilities were very, very clean, fresh. No problems there.

Plastic cups, no glass glasses. Geesh - tacky, SpringHill. No room safe. Pool looked nice despite the 40+ kids running amok.

Breakfast was standard sausage-like disks, sausage gravy, biscuits, bagels, blah, blah. No eggs. No cheese. Did seem to be well-stocked, attended-to and clean/tidy despite being very busy at 8am Saturday. I passed, walked the concrete pathway to McD's, thank goodness!

I guess I was just expecting more out of a Marriott namesake. It was OK, but not even up to the standards of Hampton, H.I. Express, etc. And how they get away with classifying this as a "Suite" hotel is beyond me. Drop a kitchen sink and microwave in a tiny room, and "poof", it's a Suite!!

I did get our room for $55/night+tax off of (bidding) Priceline. I'd be reeeallly disappointed if I'd paid more than that.

Room Tip: Face the "front" of the hotel that faces the office building, NOT the back that faces the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Brutus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We usually stay with family in Louisville but due to a larger family event we had to stay in a hotel this time. Chose this one due to its location as we needed to be on the East side. The suite was nice in that it had a nice bar area with microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator, desk area and a sleeper sofa. It was not, however, separated with a wall/door from the sleeping room so if you are looking for a suite with privacy when pulling out the sleeper sofa this is not that type of suite. There is also only one TV for the sofa and two beds. Easily seen from the sofa and one bed but not as good from the second bed. Wasn't an issue for us but I have stayed in suite properties where the sofa space was more separated and there was a second TV. Two queen beds and multiple pillows we had were comfortable and the bath had the sink on the outside of shower/toilet room so more than one person could be getting ready.

The colors were a modern blue and green with overall nice decor. There was a stain on the floor as you entered the room which I would think could be taken out but other than that housekeeping was good.

Breakfast was excellent as was the person working the breakfast. More choices than normal with hot items other than the now standard waffle maker. Desk staff were good too. Did not use any other facilities to comment on.

Overall we we were happy with our stay. We got a great rate this time and if I could get a competative rate would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Grant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

The rooms are spacious,clean and modern. Non smoking hotel. The indoor heated pool was enjoyed since it was 40 degrees outside! The beds and pillows are comfy and you can request foam,feather or both. The personel are very courteous and professional. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2011