“Very good stay at Springhill Suites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10101 Forest Green Boulevard, Louisville, KY 40223 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #23 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Scottsville, Ky
“Very good stay at Springhill Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

This Springhill Suites sits in the middle of office buildings away from the hustle and bustle of many of Louisville activities. This is of course a pro for some and a con for others. A quick trip up Hurstborne and over to 264 makes for no more than a 20-25 minute drive to anything you want to see or do.

As for the hotel itself, our family had a really good stay. The suite was a little different but we enjoyed the variance. The bathroom was tucked away from the front door and the shower was very nice.

The bed was very,very comfortable and the ac unit was consistent and relatively quiet.

The breakfast was excellent with sausage, eggs, and some very good bisquits with the normal healthy fare as well.

Deanna at the front desk was super helpful and very friendly; and not a fake friendly. She really seemed happy to be helping.

And while we by and large have a HCT (High Child Tolerance) there were some 6-9 year olds running and talking very loud in the halls well after 11:00. A hotel representative came up to our floor (probably after complaints from someone) and asked them to quiten down. Where their parents were is anybody's guess.

We were in town for our son to play in a golf tournament and it worked well for us.

Just our opinion, but the sandwich shop next door, McAllisters, left a lot to be desired. Back up Hurstborne, past Shelbyville Rd, there are many outstanding chain restaurants.

If it's a location that works for you, don't hesitate to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from Hurstborne probably are a little quiter, but on the weekend not much is happe...
Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dayton, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Given the star-rating and the Marriott nameplate, I guess I was expecting more. Like others have mentioned here, I too am surprised that Marriott puts its name on a place like this. Don't get me wrong, it's nice and clean, but just not Marriott-worthy IMHO. Here goes: Check-in was very fast/efficient/friendly. The hotel was very crowded with families (in February??) and my wife jokingly told Check-In that we'd need a room away from all the families. We ended up with one! We had a king room at the end of the 4th floor hall. Very people-quiet down there, but the room faced the busy street and the road noise was fairly loud. At one point in the middle of the night, I shot straight up in bed yelling "WHAT'S THAT??" (It was a truck rumbling by). No vending on the 4th floor that I could find. Just an ice machine. Give me a break. Hey, I'll spend $1.50 for a can of pop, just don't make me run all over the *&^%ing hotel for it!

That room was surprisingly small. It didn't help that it was designed with the utterly useless divider wall that just took up space. Plus, other walls jutting in and out. They call that a "suite"?? Ain't no *&^%ing way. There's absolutely no way I'd try to put more than 2 people in one of these rooms. Our 5th wheel camper seems more roomy!!

My wife and I got to laughing as to where they put the TV - straddling the divider wall. But, I guess it's what they had to work with, given that stupid room design. We ended up watching a video on our laptop at our feet - it was easier to watch than that TV.

Bed was nice and firm. However, all our room had was, like, 15 feather pillows. I had to stack 3 to get support - for 5 minutes before my head sunk through them to the mattress and I almost smothered!

The water closet with the toilet/tub was very...well...institutional. One dim stark white fluorescent light bulb - couldn't even read in there! Very gloomy. Wall paper coming up at the seams. Two thin "bath" towels. The vanity area was fine, though. However, the bathroom area with the open vanity area was right at the foot of the bed. When I was shaving in the a.m., the ambient light lit up my formerly sleeping wife. Oops. Again, the bath areas were very, very clean.

The decor is really...uh...functional. And straight/square. And kind of cheezy looking. I felt like I was sleeping in an Ikea store!! Not very warm/inviting. But hey, functional is OK!

Kitchenette was fine. Desk was very, very nice. Large uncluttered work surface, nice incandescent arm lamp with two outlets, very comfortable/adjustable desk armchair. Free wifi, but they still make you input the stupid code. For the love of...hardly any place makes you do that anymore. What, they think someone is going to sit in the parking lot pirating the signal?? Heck, McDonald's is right next door with free/code-less wifi!

Room and facilities were very, very clean, fresh. No problems there.

Plastic cups, no glass glasses. Geesh - tacky, SpringHill. No room safe. Pool looked nice despite the 40+ kids running amok.

Breakfast was standard sausage-like disks, sausage gravy, biscuits, bagels, blah, blah. No eggs. No cheese. Did seem to be well-stocked, attended-to and clean/tidy despite being very busy at 8am Saturday. I passed, walked the concrete pathway to McD's, thank goodness!

I guess I was just expecting more out of a Marriott namesake. It was OK, but not even up to the standards of Hampton, H.I. Express, etc. And how they get away with classifying this as a "Suite" hotel is beyond me. Drop a kitchen sink and microwave in a tiny room, and "poof", it's a Suite!!

I did get our room for $55/night+tax off of (bidding) Priceline. I'd be reeeallly disappointed if I'd paid more than that.

Room Tip: Face the "front" of the hotel that faces the office building, NOT the back that faces the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Brutus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We usually stay with family in Louisville but due to a larger family event we had to stay in a hotel this time. Chose this one due to its location as we needed to be on the East side. The suite was nice in that it had a nice bar area with microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator, desk area and a sleeper sofa. It was not, however, separated with a wall/door from the sleeping room so if you are looking for a suite with privacy when pulling out the sleeper sofa this is not that type of suite. There is also only one TV for the sofa and two beds. Easily seen from the sofa and one bed but not as good from the second bed. Wasn't an issue for us but I have stayed in suite properties where the sofa space was more separated and there was a second TV. Two queen beds and multiple pillows we had were comfortable and the bath had the sink on the outside of shower/toilet room so more than one person could be getting ready.

The colors were a modern blue and green with overall nice decor. There was a stain on the floor as you entered the room which I would think could be taken out but other than that housekeeping was good.

Breakfast was excellent as was the person working the breakfast. More choices than normal with hot items other than the now standard waffle maker. Desk staff were good too. Did not use any other facilities to comment on.

Overall we we were happy with our stay. We got a great rate this time and if I could get a competative rate would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Grant
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011 via mobile

The rooms are spacious,clean and modern. Non smoking hotel. The indoor heated pool was enjoyed since it was 40 degrees outside! The beds and pillows are comfy and you can request foam,feather or both. The personel are very courteous and professional. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2011
Raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011 via mobile

Ok property. Rooms are nothing special. Pretty good breakfast, fitness area has functioning cardio equipment and some decent free weights (I've seen better and definitely worse). A wannabe Hyatt Place but lacking in the room layout and atmosphere. I have stayed in much better Springhill Suites like the one in Winston Salem, N.C. but this one is fine for a night or two.

• Stayed November 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am that I booked with this property. Upon arrival Friday night we were told that we were in a king suite. There were 4 of us and that wasn't going to work out well AND I had a reservation for a double suite. After talking with Billie Jo, she gave us a small credit for Friday night so we decided that one of us would sleep on the sleeper sofa and then we'd switch rooms on Saturday to a roomier double.

The rooms are spacious with a very large bathroom but the beds weren't very comfortable. The property is also extremely close to some great shopping areas and dining spots.

I am giving this an excellent rating because of the customer service. We needed extra sheets for the pullout, extra towels on Saturday and they were wonderful about it. On Saturday Billie Jo even helped us move our stuff.

I will totally stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Indy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Spent one night with two teenagers at Springhill Suites on Hurstbourne Lane while in Louisville for a college visit. The hotel is in a great area with shopping, restaurants and other things to do nearby. Easy to find. Only drawback to location was that it is next to ?an Interstate and traffic noise was fairly loud in the morning.

Check in was quick and easy. Desk personnel was very friendly and polite. ]

The room itself was okay, although it felt a little cramped for a suite. The room had a small kitchenette area with sink, microwave and nice sized fridge. There is a sitting area with a couch/sofa sleeper across from the kitchenette area. Flat screen TV was in this area. Sleeping area had two double beds with a closet. Bathroom was off of the sleeping area. Bathroom had separate tub/toilet and open sink area. Wireless Internet is included. We had no problems connecting or with speed.

The room was okay except for the positioning of the sofa sleeper. When the sleeper was out, there was no room to get past as the sleeper touched the TV stand. To get to the door of the room, or the kitchenette area, you have to climb over the extended sofa bed. My son really didn't appreciated me climbing over him to reach the coffee maker in the morning!

Breakfast was okay-served the prepackaged cheese omelets, pseudo sausage patties, waffle maker, boiled eggs, biscuits & gravy, and the usual assortment of cereals, pastries and yogurts. Overall, a good variety for this level hotel.

Overall, I would probably return to this hotel and would recommend it if staying in the area.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, ask for a room facing the front of the hotel as back is next to either an inte...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites - Louisville Hurstbourne/North? Share your experiences!