“Fantastic experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Louisville Northeast

You added Residence Inn Louisville Northeast to your Saves list
Residence Inn Louisville Northeast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Springhurst Commons Dr, Louisville, KY 40241 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #14 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
D.C.
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Great stay. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Spacious, clean room. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
NatureGirls!

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here! AND yes, our rooms are huge! 50% larger than the traditional hotel room! Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I use tripadvisor religiously when I travel, so I thought I would share my experience with this hotel to help others. We booked a two bedroom for our trip back home from Orlando to Chicago. We arrived at the hotel at 7:00 PM to be told that they were overbooked and only had a one-bedroom. We have 3 small children - the one bedroom has a queen size bed and a pull out sofa. Oh, and they didn't have a crib for our 2-year-old, so we were short of a place for him to sleep. We were tired, frustrated and hungry after being in the car all day, but we had to make due. We get to our room on the third floor and the room just stinks. One of my children had his nose pinched close the whole time we we were there. We couldn't stay in that room, and they had no other rooms available. The one bright spot is that the staff was very nice, and they called the Courtyard by Marriott directly across from them and got us a small room there. The Courtyard room was very small, but we had enough beds to sleep in, and it was very nice. I am surprised that this Residence Inn is ranked so high in Trip Advisor, since the ranks are typically representative of the type of stay we'll have, but this one seemed off. The rooms, although clean, seemed old - even the windows would not open (we tried to air out hte room).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Rima P,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns about your recent experience with the Residence Inn. I have a small child too and know how frustrating it must have been to arrive at a hotel and then be told we wouldn't honor the room type you requested. With the recent devestating storms in Henryville where families lost their homes, we had several families who had to extend their stay which caused us to be oversold on the two bedroom suites we have. Unfortunately it caused you to have a stressful experience while traveling through and for that I am very sorry.
I am glad the Courtyard was able to assist you. I have also researched the room you were in and we got the carpets professionally cleaned to rid any smell you may have smelled. Next time you are in Louisville, give me a call at 502-412-1311 and I will be happy to personally take care of you.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I and several colleagues have stayed at this hotel for long periods, the rooms are very well equipped and maintained for long stay. The staff are very polite helpful and friendly. There are a few rooms that have machinery close to the window so can be noicey! I was moved as soon as a better Room became available.
A good variety of restaurants bars and eateries, a Meijers supermarket, shops and cinema within walking distance.

I have stayed at this hotel for business purposes on three occasions and would a choose same again
Warning dogs are allowed here, one of my colleagues was severely disturb by dogs barking in an adjacent room!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back (odd numbered) are the quietest
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
John H!

Thank you for all the great tips you shared about our hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to tell other travelers about your experience here and we appreciate you staying with us each time you are in the states!
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Stayed with my husband for a weekend for our 5 year anniversary. Reviews have covered most of it, but wanted to add a few things. Hotel isn't glamorous or fancy, but very clean, well kept up, friendly and helpful staff and small details made it a great stay. I really liked the room, it was very spacious yet cozy. Breakfast was one of the best I've had at hotel. Most of the usual things - waffles, eggs, sausage, gravy, etc, along with fruit, yogurt, breads and bagels. French toast sticks, oatmeal and roasted potatoes also, which aren't usually provided at other hotels. But they had lots of toppings for waffles, not just syrup. Various condiments for the eggs, cinammon and sugar shakers. And the food was good quality, which made it superior to other free breakfasts at hotels. Loved having a fridge, microwave and plates, glasses, silverware. Also, the location is awesome. So much right around the hotel - movie theater, lots of restaurants and shops. Half Price books across the street, and so is Tom Sawyer park. There is also a Pie Kitchen right in front of the hotel, we walked to it both nights we were there and brought dessert back to our room. Really enjoyed our weekend. Also, this was my top pick after reading TA reviews, and happened to get it on Priceline, for a $59/night bid!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Dearest Wynterwed!

Thank you so much for taking the time to Rave about our hotel and breakfast! We appreciate you taking the time to visit us! I have shared your awesome comments to my staff! Come see us soon!
St. Joseph, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

The room and overall hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff was very helpful and friendly. There was a nice pool area with hot tub and a small but adequate workout room. Breakfast was very good, definitely a step above a continental breakfast, and there was a fire to linger by if someone chose to. There is an awesome ice cream store right across the street, and plenty of restaurants in the area. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear 4OnTheFly!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Residence Inn by Marriott Louisville Northeast! I have to agree, the Ice cream Pie Kitchen does have some delicious treats! So glad you were able to enujoy your stay while checking out some great restaurants while in Louisville!

Come See Us SOON!
Black Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I travel to Louisville frequently with family, and Resident Inn Northeast is by far my favorite place to call my home away from home. We stay in the two bedroom suite, and I love the cozy comforts of a gas fireplace, flat-screen TVs in every room, comfortable beds, kitchen appliances, impeccably cleaned bathrooms, and a hot breakfast served by a friendly staff. Our family takes full advantage of the indoor pool and spa along with the workout room and basketball court. There's even a grill for cooking out, which we have taken advantage of on occasion. Above all, the management and staff of Residence Inn Northeast is ready to help should there be a special need or concern.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGMKY, General Manager at Residence Inn Louisville Northeast, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Mary B!

It warms our heart here at the Residence Inn Louisville Northeast that you call us your home away from home! We strive to make this feel like home to all of our guest (family) who stay here! We love having you here so come back soon with your family!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The staff here is unbelievablility friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the service has been excellent.
The only area of improvement I would suggest is with the scrambled eggs that are prepared for breakfast. The eggs are pretty bad. Despite that, I still book to stay here every week I am working in Louisville. I would recommend this hotel any day.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
sli1108!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I am looking into changing the egg product we use, I appreciate this feedback because I am able to take it to the brand to see if we can possibly change the standard! I have shared your excellent comments to the housekeeping staff as well as the front desk staff and they were thrilled to hear how please you were with the Residence Inn Louisville Northeast!

Come back soon!

Been to Residence Inn Louisville Northeast? Share your experiences!