“Country Feel in big city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Louisville East

You added Staybridge Suites Louisville East to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Louisville East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11711 Gateworth Way, Blankenbaker Parkway & I-64 (Exit 17), Louisville, KY 40299-4673 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Guelph
“Country Feel in big city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

We travelled to Louisville to drop off our daughter at the University. Since we were travelling 10 hours we decided to make it a holiday knowing that it would take at least several days for my wife to let her little girl go. With this in mind we wanted a specific hotel to accommodate our 2 week extended stay. Well I must say that we certainly picked the right place.

This hotel is well justified in its ranking on this website. It is clean and comfortable. It has all the ammenities of home including a full kitchen that we constantly used. We cooked many meals in our rooms, however breakfast was included in the very reasonable price. Even though we didn't attend the "3 nights a week" social, in which snacks and sometimes dinner was included, it was nice to have that option. The breakfast was well stocked with many healthy options as well as those for the hungry man.

The nicest thing about the hotel was its location. It was quiet (a huge Christian convention centre next door that was always empty) only about a 15-20 minute drive to downtown/airport/university. Only 7-10 minutes from major malls. However you felt like you werwe out in the country with all the open space. We spent a significant time around the outdoor pool. Thank god cause it was over 100F every day we were there.

Michael, the manager, bent over backwards to accomodate everything we needed. The staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean and well kept. Beds were very comfortable. Our room had a separate bedroom, which was nice. Each with its own TV.

Great place to spend time outside the city, but close enough to all attractions/events.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I was very pleased with our stay at Staybridge Suites outside Louisville. Although it is located just off the expressway with other motels, a megachurch and a gas station, inside this hotel reminded me very much of the higher end hotels I stay at when I travel for business. Out 1 bedroom suite had a king-size bed with nice linens and tons of pillows, and the pull-out couch in the living room was fairly comfortable and came with a sealed package of linens to make it up with. There was a flat screen TV with channel guide, a full kitchen with fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, toaster oven and 2-burner stovetop. Dishes, towels, pot holders and cookware were clean and new-looking.

The pool area was immaculate and stocked with decent-sized towels and the continental breakfast was miles better than those offered at most road-side hotels. There were various juices, 4 cold cereals, hot Quaker oatmeal with toppings, eggs, biscuits with gravy, name-brand gourmet coffee, bagels, breads and danishes. All served on Fiestaware--although disposable dishes were available for those who wished to take their food up to their rooms.

The front desk staff was helpful and efficient and there were 2 luggage carts to make bringing suitcases from the parking lot up the elevator into the rooms convenient.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is a standard Staybridge Suites property, which is to say it is largely outstanding and all the previous reviews are spot on. Picked this property because I was attending a convention in downtown Louisville, but needed to be on the outskirts for other reasons.

It's about 15 mins to downtown, and even during morning rush it was no problem driving there as traffic was not bad at all. It's also on the eastern edge of Louisville, so if you need to get to Frankfort the capital or Lexington it's a good choice. Also the hotel is very close to I-64, but is very quiet and you don't hear any highway noise. There's a Harley Davidson shop across the parking lot. Not a lot of restaurants around, but you can find some great choices in 10-15 mins drive.

I liked this location much better than the next exit at Hurstbourne - the traffic at that exit is unbelievable, whereas it is very light at this exit (Brandenbaker I believe is the name). Note as of this writing June 2010 there is major freeway construction going west on I-64 towards Lexington that you may need to plan extra travel time for.

Stay here - its a great place!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Fort lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

We stayed at The Staybridge Suite on our final night in KY after visiting Fort Knox for my son's graduation ceremony. I chose the hotel because of the close proximity to the airport and the accomodations. The hotel exceeded our expectations and we all had a restful nights sleep. The separate bedrooms were a perfect match for our party of 3 with a toddler. The staff had the crib set up prior to check in and the bedding was cozy with a welcoming rubber ducky for bath time. The room was spacious and hotel staff were all friendly and accomodating. The continental breakfast was the best I have ever had and included a wide range of choices. I would definately come back if in the area. I can honestly say that the staff were the friendliest in KY!!!!

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

My husband, 3 yr. old daughter, and I traveled to Louisville for a getaway weekend and chose Staybridge because of their ratings/price/ and reviews on tripadvisor.com and I was extremely pleased w/ the hotel. And I can usually find several things to complain about.
I thought the hotel and room itsself was very clean and had an attractive appearance. The pillows and bed were so nice!!! You even had an option of a different kind of down pillow in the closet.
The service was friendly. The breakfast was so good!!!-It had a lot of options (including lots of healthy choices) and was free! The hotel also has an outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, business room w/ computers and printers, library, games to borrow, and a mini convenient store!
The showers were great...HOT water and a massaging shower head.
My only complaint was it was a little noisy, but we were on the first floor and right by the back door. Also, my husband didn't care for the bed-but I thought it slept great. Also the hotel is located right beside Harley Davidson Co.!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I found Staybridges Suites by accident using 3rd party bidding awhile back...and I am hooked...as a Biz Traveler...I want all the comforts for a 'known quantity'...and the Louisville Property does not cut any corners...flatscreens...dvd player...kitchen...great channel selection...and very speedy wireless...the staff was fun to meet at check-in...and asked after me several times...do not forget they always have fresh wolfgang puck java...full hot breakfast every day...and 3 nights a week even offer up a sundowner light dinner menu...and its all included! Thats why this traveler now calls Staybridge directly to find a room...a 'known quantity'...and thats good, folks...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I stayed here as part of a road trip based on Tripadvisor reviews.
I used award points to stay, so was given a studio suite.
The room was standard Staybridge Suites, same furniture and finishes as all the other Staybridges I have been to. The bed was fine, and the pillows were the usual Staybridge--not great and not terrible. There was a refrigerator and cooktop, and kitchen utensils, all clean and new-appearing.
This location seems to be aggressive about keeping the hotel up to date. The TV was flat screen, and visible from all parts of the room. The carpet and upholstery looked as if it had just been replaced. I noticed other ongoing improvements in the public areas. Everything inside the hotel was clean.
Breakfast was OK.
Since I was travelling with a pet, there was a $75.00 charge and there are only a few first floor rooms which are designated for pets. I was a bit aggravated about having to stay on the first floor, but the front desk clerk did her best to provide a quiet room. I would not call this property "pet friendly".
This hotel was a tad out of the way for me, and I doubt that I would go out of my way to stay here again. On the other hand, it is quiet , clean, and up to date.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Been to Staybridge Suites Louisville East? Share your experiences!