“Another good Staybridge - easy access to everywhere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Louisville East

You added Staybridge Suites Louisville East to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Louisville East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11711 Gateworth Way, Blankenbaker Parkway & I-64 (Exit 17), Louisville, KY 40299-4673 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #16 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Beaverton, Oregon
“Another good Staybridge - easy access to everywhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is a standard Staybridge Suites property, which is to say it is largely outstanding and all the previous reviews are spot on. Picked this property because I was attending a convention in downtown Louisville, but needed to be on the outskirts for other reasons.

It's about 15 mins to downtown, and even during morning rush it was no problem driving there as traffic was not bad at all. It's also on the eastern edge of Louisville, so if you need to get to Frankfort the capital or Lexington it's a good choice. Also the hotel is very close to I-64, but is very quiet and you don't hear any highway noise. There's a Harley Davidson shop across the parking lot. Not a lot of restaurants around, but you can find some great choices in 10-15 mins drive.

I liked this location much better than the next exit at Hurstbourne - the traffic at that exit is unbelievable, whereas it is very light at this exit (Brandenbaker I believe is the name). Note as of this writing June 2010 there is major freeway construction going west on I-64 towards Lexington that you may need to plan extra travel time for.

Stay here - its a great place!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fort lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

We stayed at The Staybridge Suite on our final night in KY after visiting Fort Knox for my son's graduation ceremony. I chose the hotel because of the close proximity to the airport and the accomodations. The hotel exceeded our expectations and we all had a restful nights sleep. The separate bedrooms were a perfect match for our party of 3 with a toddler. The staff had the crib set up prior to check in and the bedding was cozy with a welcoming rubber ducky for bath time. The room was spacious and hotel staff were all friendly and accomodating. The continental breakfast was the best I have ever had and included a wide range of choices. I would definately come back if in the area. I can honestly say that the staff were the friendliest in KY!!!!

Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

My husband, 3 yr. old daughter, and I traveled to Louisville for a getaway weekend and chose Staybridge because of their ratings/price/ and reviews on tripadvisor.com and I was extremely pleased w/ the hotel. And I can usually find several things to complain about.
I thought the hotel and room itsself was very clean and had an attractive appearance. The pillows and bed were so nice!!! You even had an option of a different kind of down pillow in the closet.
The service was friendly. The breakfast was so good!!!-It had a lot of options (including lots of healthy choices) and was free! The hotel also has an outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, business room w/ computers and printers, library, games to borrow, and a mini convenient store!
The showers were great...HOT water and a massaging shower head.
My only complaint was it was a little noisy, but we were on the first floor and right by the back door. Also, my husband didn't care for the bed-but I thought it slept great. Also the hotel is located right beside Harley Davidson Co.!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

I found Staybridges Suites by accident using 3rd party bidding awhile back...and I am hooked...as a Biz Traveler...I want all the comforts for a 'known quantity'...and the Louisville Property does not cut any corners...flatscreens...dvd player...kitchen...great channel selection...and very speedy wireless...the staff was fun to meet at check-in...and asked after me several times...do not forget they always have fresh wolfgang puck java...full hot breakfast every day...and 3 nights a week even offer up a sundowner light dinner menu...and its all included! Thats why this traveler now calls Staybridge directly to find a room...a 'known quantity'...and thats good, folks...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I stayed here as part of a road trip based on Tripadvisor reviews.
I used award points to stay, so was given a studio suite.
The room was standard Staybridge Suites, same furniture and finishes as all the other Staybridges I have been to. The bed was fine, and the pillows were the usual Staybridge--not great and not terrible. There was a refrigerator and cooktop, and kitchen utensils, all clean and new-appearing.
This location seems to be aggressive about keeping the hotel up to date. The TV was flat screen, and visible from all parts of the room. The carpet and upholstery looked as if it had just been replaced. I noticed other ongoing improvements in the public areas. Everything inside the hotel was clean.
Breakfast was OK.
Since I was travelling with a pet, there was a $75.00 charge and there are only a few first floor rooms which are designated for pets. I was a bit aggravated about having to stay on the first floor, but the front desk clerk did her best to provide a quiet room. I would not call this property "pet friendly".
This hotel was a tad out of the way for me, and I doubt that I would go out of my way to stay here again. On the other hand, it is quiet , clean, and up to date.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

What a great hotel. The staff was so helpful from the start. They were sure to get us in a room that suited our needs. The room was perfect. Had everything we would need to be comfortable for our weekend away--fridge, stove, microwave and stocked with cooking supplies.

Breakfast in the morning had something for everyone. The woman who tends to the breakfast area was our favorite part of our stay. She was super kind and funny. She made us feel special and like we were staying in her house. Loved her!!!

The hotel was clean and had a ton of extras---books, games, computer center and a snack shop. Would without a doubt stay again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. The hotel is new and well appointed. 2 full baths, and kitchen, with dishes, toaster, coffee maker, even a toaster oven. 3 TV's, one in each bedroom and a plasma in the living room, with a DVD player. Wireless internet worked well. The only negative is that the noise from the air conditioner in the bedroom with the 2 double beds can be a little irritating. I brought ear plugs, and was ok. Everything was immaculate and in working order. There is a nice outdoor pool, and area for grilling. There is also a small fitness area. The breakfast bar provided was very nice. Staff were friendly and professional. The area that this hotel is located in is near to a gas station. Restaurants are close by. There is a laundry area, and no charge to use, what a bonus this is. On Tues-Thursday they have a light supper for guests. We were satisfied with our choice of this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Louisville East? Share your experiences!