“Decent room for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Louisville East

You added Staybridge Suites Louisville East to your Saves list
Staybridge Suites Louisville East
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11711 Gateworth Way, Blankenbaker Parkway & I-64 (Exit 17), Louisville, KY 40299-4673 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ithaca, New York
“Decent room for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Overall my stay was a present experience. However, they had problems with the in room thermostat. The first room the heat didn't work. The desk clerk changed my room. Even in the second room it was very difficult to get the thermostat to work. They are old and outdated. In order to get them to work ou have to take the cover off and there is no labels or directions. The definitely need new thermostats.

Room Tip: Have the hotel turn the heat or AC on before you arrive.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chelcey T, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
James,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. We appreciate all types of feedback, especially from our guests. It helps us to continuously improve both our property and our service. We apologize for the troubles you had with the thermostats, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Thanks again,
Chelcey Tate
Front Office Manager
Staybridge Suites Louisville-East

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have travelled a lot for business and stayed many places from nice four star hotels to ones I would not let my dig stay in. This Staybridge is one of the best for the money. Excellent staff, nice rooms and decent price if you do business with a tier one automotive company. I don't normally write reviews but I just wanted to make sure that I expressed how nice this place was.

• Stayed October 2012
Chelcey T, Manager at Staybridge Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Jbbraxto,

We appreciate your positive feedback, and thank you for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to serving you as our guest again in the future!

Chelcey Tate
Front Office Manager
Staybridge Suites - Louisville East
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Located right off the main highway, the Staybridge was a nice retreat. The check-in staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were able to give us fantastic recommendations for food, as well as great directions to our destination. Aside from the full breakfast, the hotel also had complimentary burgers, fries, and hummus the evening we stayed there.

The rooms were roomy and somewhat welcoming. What I really liked was that the bed was tucked away from the door so that no light from under the door interrupts your sleep. However, the AC unit is very loud. Every time it kicks on, it KICKS ON and you notice. On the plus side, is does cool quite well and make it very comfortable to sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had a great check-in when we arrived, and ended up with a great suite for a fantastic price off priceline. We were very happy with the small stocked kitchen and the amenities at the property, including the well-stocked breakfast buffet and the outdoor pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here when in Kentucky for the NASCAR at Sparta.

Hotel was well located within driving distance of all the main attractions while still being close (enough) to the racetrack.

I notice the complaint about the staff and have to say I'm really surprised - the front desk was always manned while we were there even giving away free cupcakes and tips on where to eat locally.

Because we were staying over the weekend we didn't use the maid service (could've requested it if we wanted to though).

Pros:
Great size rooms with kitchens and dining areas
Laundry Facilites
Friendly Staff

Cons:
Gym equipment could use an update
A couple of the machines in the laundry were out of order - bit of a pain when you're on holidays!

Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Room was clean, new and very comfortable. The staff was sweet when they were around but that was few and far between. If the front desk was empty once, twice or maybe only 3 times I would be forgiving...but that desk was unoccupied all the time. One time the maid noticed that I had been standing there politely calling for someone for so long that she took it upon herself to search for someone for me. My husband was struggling Down the hall-way with a dolly of bags while 3 employees stood there talking and didn't offer to help. I have worked in the service industry and would never leave a front desk empty at all hours nor would I not help the guests when help is needed. All in all good hotel...staff just needs to be checked.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Louisville East, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear Kate W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found the room to be clean. new and comfortable. We work very hard to ensure our facilities are superior and the best in the area. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Traveled to Louisville on business and was booked at the Staybridge Suites. I was greeted at check in by a very friendly and very helpful staff. She signed me up for priority points, recommended treat to satisfy my sweet tooth and a gym I could use outside of the hotel that offered more equipment options. I felt very well taken care of. The room was very large, clean and comfortable. The linen had some wear but overall very comfortable bed. Breakfast had a lot of selections fresh fruit salad, cereal, eggs, bacon, pastries, oatmeal. The only complaint I had was cold decaffeinated coffee that seemed to have been pulled from refrigerated storage straight to service without heating. it was home away from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Staybridge Suites Louisville East? Share your experiences!