“Terrific service and a great breakfast ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #16 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Terrific service and a great breakfast ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We have stayed in a lot of Hampton inns and this one is at the top of the list.

The staff couldn't have been more helpful. There is a shuttle that will take you wherever you need to go and come back to pick you up. The breakfast was above average for a typical Hampton Inn. We wish they were all this good!

Stayed August 2014
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thanks so much for the terrific review following your stay here. I'm glad that the staff impressed you with the service they offered and that you enjoyed our breakfast. The shuttle service we provide to downtown venues is certainly popular with our guests and I'm glad you utilized it. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Eagle Mountain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Bad first...This Hampton Inn is due for some remodeling. The downstairs lobby and eating facilities are ok but the rest of the hotel has that 'overused' feeling. They provided a good amount of options for breakfast, but the eggs and meats should be avoided. Cereal is your friend here, or the oatmeal was very good too. The carpets are getting thinner and the towels need replacing the room. The beds also need replacing as they are starting to sag a bit. That is as critical as I can get because otherwise the staff was very helpful.
The good....The hotel (despite feeling worn through) was clean and I felt comfortable in the rooms. The hotel is very close to everything downtown. We went walking and within 15 min were at the Louisville Slugger Factory on the other end of Downtown. The hotel was safe and I didn't feel in danger like I do sometimes in some downtown hotels after dark. The maid left me hand written personal notes every day (which some people might think is creepy, but I thought it was nice). Things like "Have a great day today!" and "It's been a pleasure serving your needs while here!" I would have thought it was creepy if those notes ended up in a homemade lunch, but left on the nightstand I thought was rather nice. The room was quiet and I couldn't hear the elevator or outside noise (this is a big plus for me).
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the North were nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for writing following your recent stay with us. Our goal with every guest is to provide a clean and welcoming environment and a restful nights sleep. I was pleased to see that we accomplished that with this visit. I'm also glad that you found the little extra touches provided by the housekeeping staff as a pleasant surprise. We are constantly upgrading/replacing linens and bedding and will, in fact, be replacing all of our beds this fall. I hope to see you back on a future visit to our city.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This hotel is downtown and within walking distance to most attractions. When we first arrived I was very impressed with the lobby. I have stayed in many Hamptons but none had a lobby that looked this nice. The rooms are a little on the small size but comfortable.
Staff was very nice and I really liked that they have a free shuttle that you can take to many of the local attractions if you don't feel like walking. You can also call them for a pick up.
The had a real nice breakfast.
Staff were also very friendly.
I would stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for the great 5 star review from your recent stay. I'm pleased that our hotel, location, breakfast offerings and staff all contributed to a positive experience. We hope you will choose us again on a future trip to Louisville.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed here for one night. The lobby area, rooms, facilities, etc, were all incredibly clean. This Hampton has the largest indoor pool I have ever seen in a Hampton. The front desk staff were exceptional. I do agree that the hotel is dated, but its clean. The beds were too hard and the pillows were too thick for my liking. I was disappointed that the hotel didn't provide a microwave or mini fridge in the rooms. The breakfast didn't taste fresh and the parking lot didn't feel safe. Every time I would go to the car someone would come up to me and ask for money. Also, you should think about getting larger towels for the pool. I'm a skinny guy, 145 pounds, and the towels were like wash clothes. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed the pool and found our hotel clean with a welcoming staff. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy breakfast, as there is usually enough variety of items to satisfy everyone. I will follow up with our security team on the parking lot issue you mentioned to ensure that this is taken care of. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the future.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I stayed 4 days and 4 nights. My room and the property were dated and should be renovated or at least brought up to the Hampton Inn standard. The furniture and especially my mattress were well worn. Ear plugs were a necessity since my room was next to the elevators which thumped and groaned while in use and the outside A/C units hummed loudly throughout the night. The breakfast area was easily overwhelmed with guests and ran out of food well before the breakfast hours ended 2 days out of the 4. On a positive note, the staff was very accommodating and pleasant. On my return trip to Louisville the following week, I elected to stay at a different downtown hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write following your stay with us. I'm sorry that your experience here did not meet your expectations and it certainly did not meet ours. I will follow up with my staff on the areas pointed out and correct those areas immediately. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future and I would be happy to personally make your reservations to ensure a trouble free stay.
Pittsburgh, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Decent hotel, seems to be a little older but has been updated. Located right next to several chain restaurants, so it is convenient for dinner. A little more expensive than the usual Hampton, don't really know why.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay. We were glad that you chose to stay with us and found that our location to be convenient and our hotel updated. We hope you will keep us in mind if your travel plans take you back to our area.
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this Hampton. The location is great. Parking is free but that is basically all our car did after checking in was park. We were able to walk to all kinds of attraction (Louisville Slugger Museum, 4th Street Live, Convention Center) and restaurants. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Wifi was decent. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful offering restaurant suggestions and directions. Breakfast is your standard Hampton assortment. The pool was fun for my 12 year old. The fitness room was adequate with the standard treadmills, stationary bike and weights. If you stay on the north side (backside) of the hotel and there is a baseball game going, you might even get to see fireworks out your window like we did.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thanks for writing a review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that our central location, service and hotel amenities (free parking, pool, breakfast, etc.) made for an enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again if your travels take you back to our area.

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!