“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 94 Hotels in Louisville
Barrie, Canada
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Booked this hotel when we travelled from our home through our tour of the untied states. This hotel is located right downtown and is close to the waterfront, Louisville slugger museum and science centre etc... Hotel was clean comfortable and the staff were able to help us out with all the inquires that we made. Would stay here again when we return to Louisville.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cbardossy
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thanks for choosing us as one of your stops as you toured the U.S. and thanks for the review. We appreciate your business and the feedback that you provided. I'm glad that everything worked out so well and that you found that our location, hotel and knowledgeable staff provided what you needed to enjoy the area. We hope you'll stop in again on your next trip to our city.

Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here for a widely publicized local music festival so the room price was pretty high. Guess maybe our expectations were out of line with what the property actually offers.

No refrigerator or microwave in room, which most Hamptons have, was the first disappointment. The second was the size of the room - which seemed small even for a downtown hotel location. It was the second we were placed in, as after carrying all our things upstairs ourselves (the bag carts were all in use by others) we discovered the first room we were given was occupied by others. We had to carry our stuff back down and got assigned to a different room at the very end of the hallway, which seemed like it might have been a bit smaller. The hotel was crammed to capacity, so I guess we were lucky to get in at all, even tho we do have status with Hilton.

The real issue, though, was the discomfort of the bed - it seemed to have a mattress made of springs, which was really tough to sleep on. No way to get comfortable and every time my spouse turned over the movement would travel to my side of the bed and wake me up. I thought about saying something but figure every room has a bed of this type and all the area hotels were sold out, so it likely wouldn't do much good.

On the upside, the place was quiet, which isn't always the case with Hamptons and the air conditioner worked great. Plenty of hot water and free parking and the location is very good. Also noon checkout as opposed to 11, which has been a nasty trend creeping into some Hampton locations of late. The breakfast was pretty good and the staff was cheerful about replenishing things even close to 10 AM when it ended. The front desk staff was OK too, very apologetic about our room mixup - issues were not really their fault.

If they changed out the beds, I would consider staying here again, but for right now it's a bummer to pay so much and then have a hard time sleeping due to the mattress. They either need to change out the beds or not charge a premium price for what isn't a premium experience.

Room Tip: Avoid the corners - these may be smaller.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank DivemistressofthDark
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thanks for providing feedback following your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that you found the bed uncomfortable. You will be pleased to learn that we are scheduled to have all of the hotels beds replaced this fall. That, in addition to adding refrigerators and microwaves to many rooms, I hope will convince you to give us another try. We are always working to update and refresh our property to offer the things our guests want and need. We hope to see you again on another trip to our city.
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Do not tell me the water "pouring" from my celling lighting fixture in the bathroom was caused from someone above leaving the shower curtain outside of the tub, my floor was flooded & after 7 full size bath towels & a moping I DID myself it was finally cleaned up. Sewer smell throughout the floor I was located on the full next 2 days :( unacceptable and only covered up by a aerosol spray being applied down the hall at the baseboards & in the bathroom next to mine only covered the smell :( . I was only offered the next day after the water issue 5000 points to my Hilton Rewards program, NOTHING the night of the issue. Very disappointed that others in my group with smaller issues that went to the front desk had to yell & scream over bed issues received numerous free nights but I was offered nothing until I let the front desk know I would be out so they could work on my bathroom issue. I tried to be more courteous & it was only then I was offered 5000 points & nothing was offered to myself or our group that I am aware of for the sewer smell we had to endure the next 2 days. Also, there was an issue with the elevator that caused stress for my 76 yr old mother that refused to ride it after it dropped 2 floors and then stopped in-between floors. This happened twice to 2 different people in my group so my 76 yr old mother took the stairs to and from the 7th floor. I am very disappointed as I travel across the country for leisure and my daughter’s sport along with work and have stayed at better Best Western motels. I have never stayed at a Hampton Inn or any Hilton Properties of this low level before. I understand the squeaky wheel gets the most attention, but I don’t agree with yelling & screaming like some of the other parents in my group seem to have done. I feel the pride & quality of your hotel is pitiful. Your housekeeping staff was friendly but left rags in my room two times in the hallway at least twice also. The front desk staff was not overly friendly, they seemed pained to go out of their way to greet people when they walked in, but the breakfast staff were over the top superior & nice. They were always helpful, friendly & deserve to be recognized!!! KUDOS to them!! I will NEVER stay in this hotel ever again & it’s questionable if I will stay at a Hampton Inn at this point!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

4 Thank Deann G
I'm sorry your experience at our hotel was marred by the unfortunate plumbing issue we had in the room above yours. Once we discovered this problem, we acted quickly to rectify it and minimize the inconvenience. The elevator issue you mentioned was the result of horseplay from other guests that triggered the safety/shutdown mechanism and stopped the elevator. I apologize for the thoughtless actions of those guests. I was glad to see that our breakfast staff left a positive impression and will share your comments with them. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and to prove that this last experience was not our normal mode of operation.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Excellent stay for one week at the Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown. The staff was very knowledgeable of the area and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was a welcomed treat. The hotel is extremely convenient to 4th Stree Live (restaurants) and is within a nice walking distance of museums. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Adriana N
Thanks for the great review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that everything worked out so well for you. Our location, with close proximity to all the restaurants and attractions, is a favorite to many. I'll pass along your positive comments to our breakfast team too. We hope to see back again real soon.
Campti, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very clean and has shuttle service to the Louisville Slugger Museum and several other places. Front Desk, Ashley was very imformative. Would definately stay there again. Breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn Breakfast. That is all we require and it was very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for staying with us recently and for writing a review. We appreciate the feedback and the chance to hear how we did. We'll share your comments with Ashley, we think she does a great job too! We hope to see you again in the near future.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This Louisville Hotel couldn't have been better. Very clean and spacious room. Convenient location, able to walk to baseball game, Louisville Slugger museum, restaurants, etc. Didn't even need to use our car even though FREE parking was included. Unheard of in a city this size. Nice little bar in hotel with great bartender for a quick nightcap. Couldn't have asked for a better stay. Will definitely be returning in the fall for a show in the entertainment district.

1 Thank Kay M
Thanks for writing a review after your recent stay here. I'm glad that everything worked out well for you regarding the services we provide and our location. We will look forward to your return this fall. Thanks again!
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This property has a nice location....5 minute walk to 4th Street Live. Honestly, 4th Street Live was a nice place to go to have dinner, but I don't think it is worth extra money to stay there. Granted, we were there on a Sunday, and there was not much going on, but still...I don't think it is worth the extra money to stay there. This Hampton is easy walking distance to it. I also chose this location for the free parking. Enjoyed the eggs at breakfast....ham and cheese mixed in! Would stay again if back in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. We're happy to see that the location, breakfast and free parking provided added value to you. Best of all, we're glad to see that you would stay with us again if you were back in the area---that's the best compliment of all.