“Beware of bed bugs!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #14 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Camden, Indiana
“Beware of bed bugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I don't like to leave bad reviews on a business but I just returned from the most sleep deprived weekend EVER!

We were in town for a dance competition and checked in late Friday night. The other adult in the room tried to wake me around 3am to show me a bug and I guess I said "It's a tick" and went back to bed. I don't really remember the details of what went on. I woke up at 5am and she was gone - tried to contact her and she told me she found a bed bug and could not stay in the room. I looked at the bed and saw nothing and shook it off. We had a long day ahead of us and I don't know anything about bed bugs so I assumed I would see them if they were there.

FF to Saturday night when we again arrived in very late after a competition. My daughter pulled the sheets back to get in bed and there were three bugs on her pillow. At that point I googled bed bugs and was directed to look in cracks on the headboard and under seams of the mattress and low and behold not just a few - INFESTED.... GROSS - beyond gross actually.

I grabbed our stuff and went downstairs where I learned that the hotel knew about this problem and didn't stop me from trying to sleep in that room a second night. I was told that they did not think I was coming back after last night. Except it wasn't me that left and I did come back and even needed a key to get in my room.

The hotel did get me a room at the Marriott downtown and paid for it so I could get some sleep that night but how do you sleep when you are worried that you now have bedbugs?

No one has called me. No one has emailed me. I left all my contact information at the front desk. I took photos of all the bugs before we left the room. This is unacceptable. To know you have bedbugs in a room and still allow people to stay in the room.

However - with all the bad there is an amazingly friendly bar tender that is there each night. He was such a nice guy and I did enjoy sitting there and having a drink at the end of the night before going up to our room.

Room Tip: Room 619 most definitely has been bugs as of April 2014. DO NOT let them put you in this room. R...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Heather,

We have attempted to contact you and want to make sure we can speak to you directly about your stay with us. You are right, bed bugs in a hotel are totally unacceptable. That is why our hotel has strict housekeeping and maintenance procedures to help identify and remove any sign of them before a guest can ever be affected. Because they are spread by travelers bringing them in their luggage, any hotel is a potential target. In most cases, a traveler is totally unaware that they have them in their luggage. That is where our room inspections come into play as we check each room daily to ensure that there are none in any room. We take this part of our job very seriously and would never knowingly rent a room where this problem existed. In this case, it looks like our inspection process somehow failed and we apologize for that. Again, please contact me so that we can discuss this unfortunate issue further. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Hampton Inn on Jefferson Street is Louisville has to be the best. The location to everywhere is just so central. I was only one block from the start line of the marathon. The rooms are leave and very spacious. The manager and staff members were very hopeful and friendly during my entire stay. I would recommend this Hampton Inn to anyone would like a great place to say and at a very affordable price. I found everything about this Hampton Inn to be everything that I expected and more.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thanks for the great review of your stay at our hotel. I'm glad everything worked out so well for you. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team. I hope you will choose to stay with us the next time your travels take you to Louisville.
Nitro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The Hampton in Louiseville KY was a pleasure to stay at. Friendly and helpful staff. The hotel rooms were clean and refreshing. I would recommend anyone to stay at the Hampton on Jefferson in Louiseville KY.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thanks for writing a review about your recent stay. I'm glad that everything worked out well for you and that you found the accommodations clean and the staff friendly. We hope that if your travel plans take you back to our area that you will consider staying with us again.
Cold Spring, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

i had planned to be in Louisville to run the Derby mini-marathon, and rooms at this location opened up a week before the event. The room itself was a tad smaller than normal Hampton rooms (wondering if this was a conversion of a previous hotel). Staff was VERY pleasant during check-in and accommodated our request for a later check out on Saturday morning. If you are in town for anything at the convention center, Yum Center, or Slugger Field, all of these are within a short walk. The hotel was EXTREMELY close to both the starting and finish lines of the race and it's location also avoided any closed streets so we were able to depart quickly after the race. The downtown restaurants were jammed due to all of the events, but it was a quick drive out to the suburbs where we were seated quickly. Best part of the stay was the friendliness of the staff. They provided as much info as possible and always with a great attitude.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thanks for the great review on Trip Advisor following your stay last weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed being host to the many runners who stayed with us, including you. I'm glad that our central location worked out so well for you. Thanks for the kind words about our staff too. I'm glad that they made a positive impression on your stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Location was great! Right downtown, easy walk to 4th Street and restaurants. Room was the cleanest. Room needed to be dusted and they really need to get rid of the comforters. They were so lumpy and heavy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for writing a review after your recent stay here. I'm glad that our central location worked out so well for you. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping team so that they can correct the item you noted. You will be pleased to learn that we will be transitioning over to Hampton's new duvet/comforter package this year. We hope to see you on your next trip to Louisville!
Lexington, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Staff very friendly, shuttle service was great and driver was very helpful and pleasant. Our kid loved the pool. The breakfast had lots of variety and was very good. The hotel was in a great location. We had a issue with our a/c and they were very helpful with trying to fix the issue. We would definately go back and stay in this hotel when in the area. We have several other things we want to do on a return trip and will stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thanks for the great feedback about our hotel and staff. I'll be sure to share this with our team. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Louisville!
Eagleton, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We had a road trip due to a family emergency and stayed at the Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown. The hotel is very nice, with friendly staff, an inviting entrance, comfortable rooms and nice breakfast buffet. We were very happy to stay here and would return again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review following your stay with us. We appreciate your business and your feedback. I'm glad that you were pleased with our staff and hotel. I hope you will think of staying with us again should your travels take you back to the area.

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!