“Close to the KFC Yum Center at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #16 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Southern Indiana
“Close to the KFC Yum Center at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Attended a concert at the KFC Yum Center and needed someplace to spend the night that was within walking distance. The hotel is 2 blocks away and has free parking. The rooms appear to have been recently updated. The breakfast area was very large with plenty of seating. There is even a bar area in the lobby, but I did not use it. There are many places to eat within walking distance of the hotel. When walking back from the concert very late there were police on every corner making it quite safe to walk back alone in the dark. Would definitely stay here again if attending another event at the Yum Center.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that everything worked out so well for you. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Louisville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Danbury, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I checked out of the hotel. Four hours later I realized I left my coat in the room. I called to see if it had been turned in. I had to call 3 times before anyone from the hotel called me back. When I finally spoke with the assistant manager, he said he no way of knowing whether I was telling the truth, whether I had I left the door ajar and another guest came in the room and took my coat or whether housekeeping found it. He suggested I keep calling back in case it turned up. This hotel seems to have poor processes for managing house staff, poor processes for reporting and securing objects left behind by guests and no real concern whether the guest is made whole or not. Stay here at your own risk.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for reaching out again regarding this incident. I apologize for the fact that we were unable to locate your missing jacket. I'm sorry that fact tainted your overall experience at our hotel. We handle many, many lost and found items left behind by guests during the course of the year with success. Should this item turn up, we will of course contact you.
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

We had a very pleasurable stay at this Hampton. Staff is very nice and accommodating, location just off the interstate and walking distance to 4th St happenings and the beautiful riverside. Wish we would have stayed more then one night!

Thank you Hampton for your welcoming staff!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thanks for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to make you feel at home and welcomed here and by the feedback you provided, we achieved that goal. We hope you will keep us in mind for any future visits to the area.
Arkdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

this was a very nice hotel and stay. But the next time I would stay two nights need more time to see and discover everything around town. Hampton is by far my first choice when I stay at Higher end hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for writing a review following your recent stay. We are glad everything worked out well for you at our hotel. We will be looking forward to your return in the near future when you can stay a bit longer and enjoy more of the city.
Lenoir city, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

The Hotel was within walking distance to the basketball arena. They allowed us to park our car free while we went to the game. The room was excellent. The breakfast was average and the restocking of the food items was a little slow.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for providing feedback following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that our location with easy access to the arena worked out so well. I'm sorry that you were unhappy with our breakfast offerings---that is usually an area where we get a lot of positive feedback. I will share your comments with the breakfast team to encourage improvement in that area. Thanks again.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Good location if you have business downtown. Lobby was nice and the staff very friendly. as one mentioned, the room layouts are a little odd. Can't get to the closet and the bathroom door opened into the bed. A bit strange but overall a comfortable stay as I get at most Hamptons. A bit pricey but I had a meeting 2 blocks away so it was worth it to leave the car and walk. Overall a nice place to stay and the breakfast was solid as well.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your stay. I'm glad that our downtown location worked out so well for you. As the only downtown hotel to offer complimentary parking, we hope you found that as an added value too. We hope to see you again if your travels take you back to our area.
Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The room layouts are horrible making the closet worthless and the only vending machine is in the lobby. The beds were comfortable but the room was way over priced for the inconvenience and annoyance. The Free Breakfast was very nice however and the lobby and bar area's were very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay. I'm glad that you found the bed, breakfast and public areas to your liking. I'm sorry that the layout in the room you were assigned caused a problem. As our room layouts differ from location to location, in the future please feel free to reach out to me directly when making your reservation. I will ensure that you are assigned a room that does not present this problem again. Thanks again.

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!