“Perfect location to experience the city!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #14 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Perfect location to experience the city!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic experience! The employees are amazing, especially Scott, our driver/bartender... Not at the same time :). He was extremely helpful and friendly, giving us suggestions to the best places so that we could further enjoy our experience. Scott and the Hampton Inn employees have helped to make our trip a memorable one!

• Stayed February 2014
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thanks for writing a great review about the staff and service you received during your recent stay with us. I'm glad that everyone you made contact with made a positive impression, especially Scott. We all look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stayed there during farm show so the price was out of hand....but somewhat in line with everybody else...There was a 3 night minimum so I had plenty of time to check it all out. Modern on the outside, was approached by a pan handler twice in parking lot...can be expected downtown...lobby is very nice with a very small hotel bar. Rooms were clean and offered a nice comfortable bed. Rooms had irons and everything else you might need for a business stay, didn't see a hot tub...large pool though..plenty of restaurants within walking distance...lots of outlets which is everything...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay here. I'm glad that everything worked out to your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on providing friendly service in a clean environment while trying to make you feel "at home". Please keep us in mind if your travels take you back to our area.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My first TripAdvisor review. This hotel was in a great location! My only complaint is that we first checked in to room 615 and the sheets were pretty dirty (See Pics Below). As soon as I saw the stained sheets I went to the front desk and spoke with a manager. I have to say, when I was trying to show the pictures the staff seemed very uninterested and when they saw them there was no shock. I would think that when a guest is showing pictures of dirty sheets the staff would be a bit more empathetic and apologetic. The manager met me when I checked into the second room 602 and assured me that everything was clean and he was going to the previous room to in inspect further. I told him that it is important to have things like that checked always and the hotel should no longer use stained sheets.

The following day it took the maid service very long to come to our room. We left at 11am returned at 3pm and our room still wasn't cleaned even though i put in the request for the service. We left again and upon our return at 6pm the room had been cleaned. I would still advise folks to inspect the sheets very well.

Overall our stay was pretty decent. I would just advise folks to inspect the sheets very well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay. I apologize for the quality/cleanliness of the sheets you found on the bed of the first room you were assigned. Our standards for cleanliness are higher than this and we have already talked to the room attendant that cleaned that room and our laundry staff about their lack of attention to detail. We will also talk to the front desk staff about how they handled the situation with you. Typically they do a fine job of handling guest satisfaction issues and obviously did not in this case. I hope that if your travels take you back to the area, you will give us the opportunity to show you that this was not our normal mode of operation. Thank you again.
Oak Lawn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed at Hampton Downtown Louisville recently. While a bit pricey for the accommodations, the room was excellent. Check-in was quick, the room was plenty roomy and VERY clean. Great bedding. The only real downside was the room faced Jefferson, a busy downtown street which was pretty noisy. Close to just about everything in downtown Louisville and an easy exit off I65. One of the best features is the free parking: open air, but still free and right on the hotel grounds.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face Jefferson
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for writing about your recent experience while staying at our hotel. I appreciate your business and the time you took to provide feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our value added benefits---free parking and complimentary breakfast. We look forward to your return in the near future! Thanks again.
Boise Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed here on business and found it to be well run and the staff quite helpful. The business center, lobby, fitness center and room technology were well beyond what I had expected. Lot's a convenient power outlets in the room....seems like a strange thing to highlight....but when you travel it is nice to find. Terrific place to stay, enjoy

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thanks for the great review after your recent stay with us. I'm happy that you found the service, accommodations and amenities to your liking. I hope that if your travels take you back to our area that you will once again give us the opportunity to serve you.
Hendersonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel is very clean, staff friendly, breakfast was good.. and it is in a very easy convenient location. I stayed at this location for a business meeting that was at the expo center. I was able to park here and walk to the expo center within about three minutes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thanks for the great review you wrote following your recent stay here. I'm glad that we met your expectations for cleanliness, staff service and our breakfast offerings. We know you have many choices of where to stay and appreciate you choosing to stay here. We look forward to your return on your next trip to the area.
raleigh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Recent stay for multiple nights and overall pleased with our choice. The room I stayed in was an end unit so it was smaller than most. It met my needs as a single traveler but I imagine it would be a little tight for 2 people. Took some pics to show the wear of the room but overall it was ok.
The real highlight is the employee team at this Hampton, everyone I met was very nice and smiling, that makes a stay much more enjoyable for me. The breakfast was great, many choices.

I didn't use the amenities but this hotel has an indoor pool and a small gym to exercise in. The hotel is convenient to several casual places to eat. The front desk has a city map to help you get around.

Room Tip: ask for a middle room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for writing a review based on your recent stay with us. I'm glad all worked out well and that the staff took great care of you. I will address the items you noted from your room immediately. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Louisville.

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!