“Brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Hassocks, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We came here from England for my daughters' wedding. The staff were very, very helpful and extremely friendly. Many of them asked how the wedding went after the day. The whole wedding group stayed for the one night of the wedding, the rest of us were there for a week. We used the bus as transport to and from the wedding. My bag was lost for a few days and they helped by getting phone numbers for me. The shuttle bus took us back to airport to collect the bag and picked us up again. The breakfast was wonderful. The location was very central and it was easy to get to many local attractions. We would definitely use the hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about your stay. I appreciate all the great comments about our staff, hotel and breakfast offerings. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here in our city. We hope to see you again if your travels take you back to Louisville.

365 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Olive Branch, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our basketball support group chose to stay at this Hampton Inn again for a number of reasons, such as: Cooperation of group sales staff, location, location, location! It is located in the vicinity of the arena and there are several restaurants that are capable of handling our group, and the staff at this Hampton Inn was extremely helpful with all our requests. We will be returning to Louisville again, probably next year, and if they have rooms available we will most likely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for the review about our hotel following your recent stay here. I will share your feedback with our team, especially the sales staff, and I am glad they all made a positive difference in your experience. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return in the near future.
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Recommend this hotel to anyone going to Louisville. Their free shuttle (within an 8 block radius) is really convenient too. The customer service was very friendly and helpful during our stay...excellent hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I'm glad that everything worked out so well for you and that you were pleased with the hotel and service. We hope you will consider us again if your travels take you back to our area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

The best part of the stay was our shuttle driver, Art, who drove us around downtown wherever we needed to go! He was super friendly and polite. The Zucchini bread at breakfast was very good. So were the eggs with ham. The traffic at breakfast was very busy & confusing. Traffic jam at the waffles/bread/toaster/juice area b/c it wasn't laid out very well & there were no plates at that station so customers had to cross paths to get to egg station to get a plate. Plates should be at each station so customers aren't crossing paths back & forth to get a plate. Easy fix. And put the juice, milk, coffee & tea all in the same area. So customers are not crisis crossing back & forth in a small area. Easy fix. The lobby areas were nicely designed like a living room with several vignettes or rooms set up in 3 different areas. Beautifully done!

The worst part of the stay: The bartender changed the channel in the middle of a football game (Chick Fil A Bowl) my husband & his friend were watching. My husband had the remote. They had been watching the game in the lobby/lounge area & the bartender who just got to work, walked up to the tv & changed it manually without even asking his customers if they minded! NO explanation except, "My boss told me to change it." NO Other Customers were in the lobby/lounge. RUDE. Didn't ask my husband & friend if they would mind going to another lobby area tv? Nope! The manager should be told about this. You should Not treat customers this way if you want them to come back.
Also the beds were very firm.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the actions of the bartender concerning the TV---I will address this immediately. I appreciate your suggestions regarding the breakfast layout and we will take them into consideration. I'm glad that Art, our van driver, provided memorable service---I'll be sure he sees your comments. Thanks again for your input and Happy New Year!
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 2am after a delayed flight. Check in went smoothly but after we walked into our room (very dated hotel building) we realized that there was no toliet paper in the room. I called the front desk and asked for some to be brought to the room and they said they "might" be able to bring some up in 15-20 minutes, no apology and actually suggested that this was a common problem as guests "steal toliet paper"... not sure which is more troubling here the fact that they are implying rooms are not serviced after guests check out or the fact that he thought I was dumb enough to believe this crazy comment... We stayed here around the holidays and given the UPS hub is nearby we heard planes on take off and approach all night - there seems to be insulation between the rooms but no sound proofing with the outside. Also the cable (actually Dish) continually went out and rebooted itself so while trying to watch a 2 hour movie the dish was not functional at least 45% of the time. The heating/AC system also sounded like a freight train was entering the room everytime it kicked on. To add insult to injury, the hotel double charged our credit card. I have stayed at many hampton inn properties and in the past always found them clean with friendly staff, this property needs a major upgrade and needs to retrain their staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Starthur-
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. I am disappointed, as I know you must have been, by the problems you encountered. I deeply apologize for the service issues and will correct those immediately. Please contact me so that I can make sure that the billing issue is resolved, if it hasn't been already. I would also welcome the information regarding your room number so that I can correct the HVAC unit and TV reception problem.
If you are back in the area in the future, feel free to reach out to me directly. I would be happy to handle your reservation personally, to ensure you are provided with the exceptional stay you deserve. Thank you again for your feedback
Owensboro, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I would rate the hotel average for the location. The television service was terrible. When you have no toilet paper in the room very sorry. The heating/ cooling system was very noisy. The problems was not resolved to our satisfaction

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. I'm disappointed that you felt your experience was only average. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry that we failed to achieve this in your visit. I do appreciate your comments as it gives us an opportunity to improve upon our quality and services.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We enjoyed three nights at the Hampton Inn in downtown Louisville. The rooms were nice and clean, the included hot breakfast was very good, and the staff were very helpful. The room did not have a small fridge, which would have been nice for a stay of 3+ nights.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that our facility and service met your expectations. I appreciate your business and feedback. We hope to see you again on a future trip to our area.

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!