“Great stop over in Louisville....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 95 hotels in Louisville
“Great stop over in Louisville....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Had a great experience at this hotel!! Convenient to all of downtown and at a great price. Room was clean and on the end of hall. Very quiet. Would def stay here again. Another positive is the parking. It's free and onsite.

• Stayed October 2013
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I'm glad that you found our central location, with free parking and clean and quiet accommodations to your liking. We know that you have many choices of where to stay when traveling and are glad you stayed with us. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future.

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stopped in around 8 pm after a day of driving, Zach was at the front desk and got us a room right away, the price was right and the room beautiful. The down comforter was a bit "lumpy" but the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was less than expected. Eggs tasted like powdered, the hot water for the hot chocolate wasn't hot. They could have used another staff person to help out. The lady that was there did a great job but it was busy and hard for her to do it all on her own. We were on the 8th floor and apparently the trash outside is collected at 3am and the large bins are drooped from quite a height because it woke us both up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay with us recently and for writing a review about your experiences. I apologize that the breakfast offerings were not to your satisfaction. We typically do a fine job in this area and will work harder in the future to ensure we deliver a more consistent product. I will also check with our trash hauling company. That time of the morning is much earlier than we should be picked up. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
Corydon, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Hampton Inn in downtown Louisville. They gave me the hospital rate as my husband was having surgery and I did not want to make the almost 40 miles each way drive back and forth on the first two days. They have a wonderful shuttle service that took me to and from the hospital at no charge. I didn't have to take my car in, park and then walk the full distance each time. The breakfast was Super ! Great selection and the scrambled eggs were hot and really good. The desk staff was very helpful and courteous. I heartily recommend this place for anyone who has a loved one at one of the hospitals. I was not then worn out from the long drive and could visit two or three times a day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for the great review and endorsement of our hotel. I'm glad that our hotel and staff provided you with a stress free environment during a stressful time for you. I'll be sure to share your feedback with everyone here. Let us know if we can be of any help to you if you need to return to the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

If you are using a iPhone for direction to the place, you will get lost. The hotel entrance is on the opposite side where the GPS says it is. The rooms are clean. But lacks a fridge. Staff gave a lot if restaurant recommendations. They were spot on. The breakfast is your typical Hampton inn breakfast (which I like). I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thanks for the feedback about your recent stay with us and for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I'm glad that you found the rooms clean, the breakfast to your liking and the staff's recommendations about local restaurants useful. I will check on the issue you brought up about the directions, I had not heard that before you brought it to my attention. Thanks again.
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

You know what you are getting with most Hampton Inn's and this is no exception. The hotel is very centrally located within walking distance of restaurants & bars. There is free parking, always a nice bonus. The staff we came across were all very helpful & happy to recommend good places to eat and drink.
The room was spacious, quiet (but it was midweek), and comfortable. Breakfast was of a good standard and there were no queues. The only criticism we had was the pillows were tiny for a king sized bed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at our hotel. I'm glad that everything worked out well for you. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our staff. They like hearing when they make a difference in someone's stay. We are in the process of replacing pillows in the rooms and the issue you encountered should be resolved soon. Thank you again for your input.
Troy, Idaho, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was great. Employees were very reluctant to outright refusing to provide me with shuttle service (the store I wanted to go to was not even 3 miles away). They tried to get me to use a cab instead of their advertised airport shuttle. The maids cleaned in a hit and miss way - my last night there I actually had to go and ask for more toilet paper. One day (I stayed 5 nights) I asked to borrow a complimentary umbrella. At first was told they didn't have any to loan and then in the same breath said they had 2 but didn't offer it to me. I asked if I could borrow 1 and was asked if I was going to stay the night - I said yes. Was then asked for my room number - made me feel like she thought I would steal it. Then the umbrella she gave me was this pathetic, really thin umbrella that looked like it would disintegrate in a strong wind. kind of sad. Definitely not the experience of my conference co-attendees who stayed at other local hotels. Location was convenient to 4th street live and convention center - I really appreciated being able to walk. Breakfasts were really good too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write following your stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed the bed and cleanliness of your room and our breakfast offerings. Our shuttle service is limited to an eight block radius of the hotel and airport service. That is why the front desk staff was encouraging you to take a cab for your three mile trip to the store. Because of the high demand for the shuttle service, we are limited to how far we can go without disrupting service to our other guests. I will follow up with our staff on your comments about the housekeeping service and the front desk's handling of your request for an umbrella. We will certainly make every effort to improve in these areas. Thank you again for your input.
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel of the standard you expect from Hampton Inns. The rooms are clean, bedding comfortable and there is a fridge in the room. Staff are friendly, breakfast is free. The only downside is location, it is a quick walk to the convention center and 4th Street Live,but it is also next door to a pawn shop and opposite an adult entertainment emporium and as such has some very sketchy people around it and does not make for a comfortable walk to the attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found the accommodations clean and comfortable and the staff friendly. I will be sure to share this feedback with our staff. In the future, I encourage you to utilize our complimentary shuttle service to transport you to the local downtown restaurants and attractions. Thanks again for your input.