“Very Convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 95 hotels in Louisville
“Very Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was in town for a family event and chose to stay at this Hampton Inn. Like the other Hampton Inn's I've visited, this one was clean and comfortable. What I liked most about this hotel is that it is within walking distance to the many restaurants and bars on Fourth Street, as well as the KFC Yum Center, where they have athletic events. Parking and WiFi at the hotel are free, and the breakfast was fine. There are plenty of hotels to choose in the downtown area, and this one is a good choice. Others have commented about how friendly the hotel staff is, and when I was leaving, the maids made a point of saying good morning and have a good day. That was nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thanks for writing a review about your recent visit. I'm glad that the hotel met your expectations for cleanliness and service and that the central location was ideal. I'll share your comments about the friendliness of the staff with our team. I hope we can be of service to you again in the near future.

372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I loved this place! Close to everything in downtown!!! Free shuttle with the nicest drivers ever!!!!!! The breakfast is nice for something that is free! The young bartender was amazing he just had a baby. The manager is always running around he seemed attentive! My room was super clean, no bugs, no dirt. Very affordable! James from front desk was super nice I asked him for directions and he printed me a map!!! Also there was a pool and a gym. Free Internet in rooms and Lobby. I would recommend this place. You also get a free paper every morning.

• Stayed December 2012
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for the feedback and positive comments about our hotel and staff. We'll share this with our team, especially James and the shuttle drivers---they love getting feedback like this. We hope you will keep us in mind if your travels take you back to our city.
Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

It may not be a 5 star hotel but I was treated as if I were at one. The hotel itself was clean and very modern. I flew in and was traveling light so I needed some toiletry items and Matt at the front desk made sure I had everything I needed. He went above and beyond getting the shuttle to take me to the places that I needed to get to while I was there. Very friendly staff and again, I can't say enough about Matt. He made me feel as if I were the only guest at the hotel that night. The room was spacious, bathroom was clean, bed was great and breakfast was a good start to a busy day. Would most definitly stay here again and would recommend.

Room Tip: Best view is from the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thanks for the kind words about the hotel and service provided by our staff---especially Matt. I'm glad that everything worked out so well for you and I will be sure to share this feedback with our team. We look forward to being your hosts on your next trip to Louisville.
Teutopolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was the absolute friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in!!
Every person who worked there was helpful, and Happy.
Smiles everywhere.
They went the extra to assist you.
Next time visiting Louisville I will be staying here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Wow, what a great review about our team---thanks for telling us about your experience here. We are happy that it worked out so well for you and we look forward to your return soon!
Waterbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very clean & well maintained. Shuttle service is great. Safe neighborhood & within walking distance to many attractions. Breakfast (hot) was good. All the staff were friendly & always greeted us whether coming or going. Special thanks to Matt who was extremely friendly & very knowledgeable of the area. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that the hotel and services we provided met your expectations. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff, especially Matt. We appreciate your business and hope you'll return again soon.
Fred Vegas, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very friendly staff. Also very clean and well maintained. Shuttle service came in handy and was available to get us to any of the nearby restaurants and attractions. Really enjoyed the hot breakfast and large inviting lobby area. Special shout out to James. He went out of his way to make sure our wedding group was comfortable. All around great stay in Louisville.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks for writing a review following your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that the level of service provided by our staff, especially James, met your expectations. We take great pride in providing a warm and welcoming level of service in clean and inviting surroundings. I'll share your feedback with our team and we hope to see you again in the near future.
hunstville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was my second time to stay at this Hampton Inn. Both times, I was greeted as soon as I walked into the door. I stay at many Hampton Inns throughout the United States and this is by far one of the BEST. This day and time, outstanding customer service is hard to find and deserves to be commended. I would especially like to commend James! He went above and beyond the call of duty to help me with a request that I had. I have stayed at more expensive hotels in Louisville but the customer service doesn't compare. You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay---and thanks for staying with us again. I am pleased to see that the service provided by the staff, especially James, was to your satisfaction. I'll be sure that he receives your feedback. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!