“Consistent experience at Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #17 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Fox Point, WI
“Consistent experience at Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My recent stay was another example of the consistency that Hampton Inn's have shown at their various locations. The hotel was clean, both the rooms and lobby areas were nicely updated, and very efficient check-in process. Although I ended up not using them, I checked out the pool and workout facilities and they seemed nice. A bonus here is they have a small bar that stayed open until 11pm? one night, which was good considering there weren't that many guests at the bar. A flat screen TV at the bar area was also a nice enhancement. Great location, was only a couple of blocks from the 4th St. live entertainment area and the Louisville convention center.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I'm happy that you liked the location, cleanliness of the hotel, front desk staff check in process and the on site bar that we offer. Consistency is the key for any reputable brand and I'm glad that Hampton Inn's deliver on that mark for you. We look forward to your return in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Wanted to tell everyone about my great experience with the Hampton. I have stayed here a few times, and the staff is wonderful. Clean rooms, wonderful location for the night life, and some of the most professional staff in industry. But the hidden gem was the bar!I have never been to Hampton with a bar and didnt know what to expect, but we got a real treat. Our bartender, Scott, had wonderful insight to local places to eat, Louisville history, and was just interesting , nice guy to talk with. Went over and above for all the guests, and we not sure what he did but my wife says he makes the best Long Island Ice Tea in the entire South, no joke!Stop in and say hey.

Room Tip: Dont chose a room overlooking the White Castle, it will make you crave them.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I will certainly share your feedback with our staff, especially Scott. I'm glad that we provided you an excellent level of service---it's our goal with every guest. We look forward to your return in the near future and thanks again.
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed one night at this facility and was greeted by courteous and friendly staff. We stayed in a very clean room, and enjoyed the morning breakfast that was provided. We couldn't have been treated any better. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write a review based on your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that everything worked out so well and that the staff delivered a high level of service. We look forward to your return real soon.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My colleague and I stayed at the Hampton Inn Louisville during a trade show the second week in October for 5 nights. Let's just say we are not the easiest clients/guests to please :-).

Because of the trade show, we had to ship many boxes (all different shapes and sizes; some quite heavy and awkward) to the hotel before we arrived and during our stay. Additionally, we had multiple requests for odd items (e.g. screwdriver, bike racks, packing tape, boxes, etc. etc. etc.) which most hotels would just laugh off :-).

The staff at the Hampton were phenomenal. Upon arrival, we found all of our shipments secured and organized. Our requests (even the odd ones) were taken seriously and when I say the staff were able to accommodate each and every request we made, I mean it. They went way above and beyond the call of duty to ensure not only our logistical/technical issues were handled, but also to ensure that we had incredible food delivered in the evenings to keep us going (Tip: Scott, the bartender, makes outstanding drinks and is a great conversationalist; no need to go elsewhere).

Not only were our expectations exceeded, but we also got to know each one of the staff (that's how amazing the place is) and would like to highly recommend and thank each one of them individually:

Gus: The night auditor with a fabulous sense of humor :-); thanks for making us laugh when we were stressed out.

Erin: Thank you for your kindness, for the scrumptious food recommendations, for the screwdriver (literally), and for the safe ride to the airport (even though you're not the usual driver).

Jason: Thank you for helping us out with all those boxes (among other things :-).

James: Thank you for assisting with our internet research and for helping us find all the odd items we needed to make our booth at the trade show a success.

I could go on and on with praise, but in conclusion I must reiterate that I highly recommend this hotel because of it's awesome staff (the rooms and facilities are also immaculate but the people make the place). It's a home away from home and I look forward to many future stays!

Joe

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Wow, thanks for sharing all the positive feedback about the impact our staff made on your recent stay with us. I am thrilled that each associate made a difference, and they truly must have if you remember each by name! I will share your feedback with them---they love to know when their efforts created an amazing experience. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in our city. Thanks again.
Seymour, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

First off, I am an extended travelor. I am VERY pleased with this hotel. The front desk is professional but makes it feel like home at times, I deal with James and Mathew on a daily baises and I have not had one complaint. They are a GREAT team and both have above and beyond personalities. The shuttle service is a perk, always there to take you and it doesn't take very long for them to pick you up no matter where you are located. Overall, the cleaniness, ammenities, and staff make this a great place to stay. I would definatly reccomend anyone who comes this way to stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms facing north have a better view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write the glowing review of your stay at our hotel. I'm pleased that the front desk team has taken great care of you and I will be sure to share your feedback, specifically with Matt and James. We hope to see you on a return trip to Louisville!
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here 6 nights for a trade show. Good nightly rate, which includes a hot breakfast. Very good with HEALTHY options in addition to bacon & eggs etc. ("real" yogurt, whole fresh fruit, oatmeal with toppings). Choice of mild or dark coffee. Nice, big, bright lounge-style breakfast room-- immaculate and very well-attended.
White comforters marked "cleaned for your stay." A big plus. I won't sleep under those dark, stale, mystery-material bed coverings.
USA Today at the door, coffee and tea in the lobby.
FREE airport shuttle and rides to downtown locations.
Exercise room and pool, though I never had time to even see them.
All Louisville tourist locations and great restaurants are within 4-8 blocks.
Only negative... the immediate neighborhood is "transitional" . Two pawnshops and a White Castle are the telltale signs. I would not walk in the area in the evening. Take the hotel shuttle or cab if you don't want to rent a car.
There are other hotels in the immedate area, so for my tradeshow, there was an express shuttle to the Expo Center across the street. Check for your event. Not renting a car for a week saved me a bundle.
Would definitely stay here again for business or tourism in Louisville

Room Tip: Ask for 8th floor -- that is the "upgrade" floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thanks for the great review following your stay with us recently. I'm glad that the location, breakfast offerings, housekeeping and shuttle service were all up to your standards. I'll be sure to share your feedback with our team. I hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Louisville.
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My family met in Louisville to see the Louisville Slugger Museum as well as some of the other sites. We had two rooms at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was among the best I have had at any hotel/motel. I definitely recommend this hotel in downtown Louisville if you are going to see the sites in the downtown area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that the location, service from our staff and breakfast offerings were to your liking. We hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to our city. Thanks again.

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!