“Excellent downtown hotel-close to stuff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #17 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent downtown hotel-close to stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

It is the usual Hampton hotel but the location is great--just a few blocks from Fourth Street with soooo many restaurants/bars to choose from. Beds are great--very comfortable. Staff was great to work with and the breakfast hostess was outstanding. The front desk staff gladly printed my boarding tickets since the printer in the Business Center was out of ink. One problem that was quickly taken are of: There was an RV parked in the parking lot and 15-20 people were LOUDLY partying outside it at 3am! I was on the 6th floor and could hear them. One call to the front desk and a couple minutes later the security guard shut them up and cleared them out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that the hotel, location and staff provided a positive experience for you. We hope you will keep us in mind should your travels take you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Kettering, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Best hotel ever!!!
I had to go to Louisville for a week of computer training. My biggest concern was to find a clean hotel with no bedbugs. I read other reviews here about the Hampton Inn downtown Louisville and decided to stay here. I am so glad I did. When I first walked into the hotel to check in I noticed how clean the lobby was. I was greeted by Erin who was so very nice. She made me feel right at home.
I got room 702 when I first walked into the room I was so impress on how clean it was. I could smell how fresh and clean the sheets was. It was so refreshing. The room was spotless. Today is my last night. I used the shuttle everyday to go to my training. They took me and picked me up everyday. This is so convenient.
Breakfast was also so good. House cleaning was excellent every day when I got back to the hotel from training my room was clean and spotless again.
When and if I ever have to go to Louisville again you can be sure I will stay here. This hotel, the employees, and everything about it was the best. Thank you all for making this trip one of my best ever.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thanks for writing such a positive review based on your stay with us recently. I am pleased that you were happy with the cleanliness, staff service (especially Erin), shuttle service and breakfast. I'll be sure to pass these comments on to our team. Thanks again and we hope to see you real soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Great location, walking distance to 4th Street Live, super clean and comfy. No bugs. Stayed in the king handicapped suite. Had a huge roll in shower, separate sitting area with sofa bed, desk, and mini fridge. This place was perfect! Will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I'm glad that the hotel, location and your suite worked out so well for you. We hope to have you back as our guests in the near future.
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband Wayne and I were traveling for our 25th wedding anniversary and one of the places we wanted to visit was Louisville, KY. We booked our stay at the downtown location in Louisville. It is only one of four Hampton Inns that have a bar! Our gracious hosts upgraded our room and gave us complimentary drinks at the bar. Later that day we had a problem with smokers in the hotel next to our room. We were disappointed thinking we might end up in a regular room away from the smoke (even though the smokers were being removed from the hotel the smell was horrendous). Instead management upgraded us to the Presidential Suite!!! AWESOME! We felt like royalty, we will always remember this Hampton Inn, you guys did it again!

Room Tip: Become an Honors member and get an upgrade when available. All rooms are comfy, spacious, clean.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff made you "feel like royalty". We look forward to your return again real soon and Happy 25th!
Maitland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We visited Louisville and when we were unable to book into 21c Museum we booked the Hampton and we are glad we did. This is a very convenient hotel near the trolley stop and with a very nice lobby bar and breakfast area. Plus it was about a third of the price of the 21c Museum. it is tremendous value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. We're glad that your plans changed and you stayed here. It sounds like our location and amenities---such as our lobby bar and breakfast buffet area----worked out great. We look forward to a repeat visit in the near future and thanks again for the nice review.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went to Louisville for the night - Great location and price compared to the competition. The staff was great upon arrival and overall the stay was nice. The hotel is about a 1/4 mile from 4th street live and is going to be your best bang for the buck. The only downfall was the early wake up call from someone with a hacksaw cutting a pipe above our room. I believe this to be an anomoly though and would stay here again on future visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay. I'm glad that the hotel, with its central location, value pricing and service minded staff met your expectations. I'm sorry for the maintenance related noise you encountered. I will follow up with our maintenance team to ensure this does not occur again. Thanks again for your input.
Black Mountain, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

The Hampton Inn in Downtown Louisville provided excellent accomodations. The staff was very helpful, the room was spacious and clean, the heated pool was great. The shuttle that took us wherever we wanted to go in the downtown area was great! A good breakfast, as well. I'm already booked for my return visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your last visit. I'm glad that the hotel worked out so well for you and that our staff's service met your expectations. We look forward to your return real soon. Thanks again.