“One Night In Louisville” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Detroit, MI
“One Night In Louisville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Enjoyed our one night stay on our way down south. Walking distance to the Louisville Slugger Museum that was a nice experience, had dinner a few blocks away at the Old Spagetti Factory. Room was clean, nice breakfast included (including several types of omelletes) in the morning. No problems at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel. I'm glad that the location, service and staff met your expectations. We look forward to your return when your travels take you back to Louisville.

383 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have stayed at several Hampton Inns (and other hotels) over the last 5 months. All of the service has been good, but that of the staff and personnel at this hotel has been, hands down, the very best. EVERY employee I encountered was unbelievably attentive and asked genuinely appropriate questions in trying to maximize the hotel's service efforts. They seemed to instinctively know what might be a need or interest.

I am not sure how this message of customer sensitivity has been conveyed...or how it is so effectively sustained throughout the entire work force, but it was quite a delight to observe. There seemed to be a true sense of ownership and empowerment at every level.

HI should take a close look at the dynamics of this environment and offer it as a model for others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Wow, what a great review about our staff. Thanks so much for your feedback about the service you received on your recent visit to our hotel. I'll be sure to share this with the team--they take our guests feedback very seriously and this will certainly make their day. Thanks again and we look forward to your return in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Convenience is a key to this location. Restaurants- YUM Center-downtown museums/attractions- major hospitals all within walking didtance. If you do not want to walk they have van service to anything downtown.

But the major draw for this location is the STAFF! They make you feel like family. Courteous friendly always a smile everything for the guest.

• Stayed May 2012
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thanks for writing a great review following your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate the positive feedback about the service you received from our staff and I will be sure to share it with them. We look forward to your return on your next trip to Louisville.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, easy to find from the freeway. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Parking is free and breakfast is of the usual Hampton Inn type. Food was plentiful even though the hotel was sold out. I booked this hotel because the price was right and because it has a pool. The website stated the pool was closed until the day we got there, so I figured we could have a nice swim the following morning. I was disappointed to find out when we arrived that the pool would be closed for another 3 days. Also, the sheet on our bed had a small blood stain on it which has probably been overlooked by the housekeeping staff. Beds are really comfy otherwise, as is always the case with Hampton Inns.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay. I appreciate the feedback and the opportunity to use your input to help us to improve on our service and products for the future. I sincerely apologize for the delay in reopening the pool following our renovation work in that area. The unexpected delay was the result of additional time needed for the pool surface to cure after it was repainted. I was pleased to see that the front desk and breakfast teams provided great service to you. Thanks again for your input and we hope to see you the next time you travel to our city.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here for six nights during a conference. Property was clean, breakfast the normal fare, room as expected. Every member of the front desk staff was super friendly and very helpful with restaurant suggestions, etc. the only odd thing was the housekeeping services. Every day they knocked on the door and wondered if you wanted any services? Huh? Wouldn't they just do what is expected? One day they didn't replace used towels even though they were not hung up, they would replace some things and forget others, like toilet paper. Just thought it was strange.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate the feedback---it gives us the opportunity to continue in our efforts to improve our hotel. I apologize for the problems you experienced with housekeeping service. I will follow up with the staff to correct these issues at once. I'm glad that the service provided by the front desk team met your expectations. I hope that if your travels take you back to our area, you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This trip was to attend a technical meeting nearby in the Convention Center. My experience in booking this hotel was OK, even though I did not get my first choice in rooms - one does realize that many booked in advance and got better rooms. When I called mid-morning to see if I could check in early, I was told that check-in time was 3 PM, no need to arrive early. Usually I find that front desk personnel try to be accomodating - not this time. Usually the Hilton Honors classification helps with requests and services, but not here. None of the Honors benefits have been delivered to the room, and it's after 10 PM.

The room is what one usually expects at a Hampton Inn, and this hotel is no better and no worse.

My opinion is that the staff is overworked and under trained in delivering Hilton Honors services and benefits. Those little items help to maintain brand loyalty, and I saw no attention to services and benefits at this location. Next time I'm in Louisville, I'll look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book early for your choice of rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you did not receive a Hhonors Diamond level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff and we will undertake additional Hhonors training. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

A short business trip that showed a good aspect of the city, friendly staff and convenient location. The city was booked and we could only score that hotel in last minute. The pricing was low and conveninent. The breakfast was pretty lame but nothing more to expect from a 4 star hotel in the USA. The concierge hooked us on a really good microbrewery 2 blocks away and we had a great dinner evening. There was a tournament in town, with sport students around and a bit of mess in the morning, but the staff managed to check us out without trouble and without letting us queue forever. Not dissatisfied, not thrilled, just as expected.

Room Tip: make sure you stay away from the level the kids stay while at a sport tournament week-end
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us details of your experience during your stay with us. Each and every review assists us with seeing how our guests view our hotel and allows us to key in on areas of opportunity. I'm happy to hear that my staff was satisfactory and also apologize for any inconvenience that the sports team may have caused during your stay. I want to assure you that we take a special interest in going above and beyond for each and every guest and we hope you choose to stay with us the next time you are in Louisville KY and thank you again for the review!

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!