“Hampton Inn! Good as usual.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown

You added Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #15 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Charleston, West Virginia
“Hampton Inn! Good as usual.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I've stayed at the downtown Hampton Inn in Louisville several times now. It's a great location! The YUM Center (basketball stadium for U of L) is only a couple blocks away. There are also several good restaraunts, bars, pubs, etc. within walking distance. You can also walk to the "4th street live" area, Louisville's prime nightlife spot. The rooms are what you expect from Hampton Inn's. Very clean, modern, great beds with down comforters, updated with flat panel TV's. The hotel staff in Louisville is also really friendly and helpful, all of them, not just the front desk folks. I was there most recently for business and will be returning soon, it's my preferred hotel for business in Lousiville and the rates are in line with Hampton's in other areas excepting you're in town on game night it run higher then. Great place to stay overall, definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate all the feedback and will be sure to share it with our team. I'm glad that the facility, staff and location worked so well for you. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip back to Louisville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The pros:
Check in easy and friendly
We used the hotel shuttle to take us to and from 4th St Live to eat
Easy to get to from the Interstate
Free parking
Free wifi

The cons:
Pillow had bloodstains on it
Shower in handicapped room was filthy with hair stuck to walls
Medication had been left in the bathroom from a previous guest
Breakfast poor for a Hampton Inn - canned fruit, and 'bagel topper' was truly disgusting
Did not receive a bill under the door
Located close to numerous hospitals so sirens all night long

I would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to provide fedback from your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping related issues you encountered in your room. Our staff typically does a great job in providing a clean room. I will follow up with them on your comments from this visit. I hope that if your travels take you back to our area, you will give us the opportunity to be of service to you again. I'm sure that you would find that this last visit is not typical of our normal performance.
Independence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on the night of 2/18/12.

The location is perfect for spending an evening in downtown Louisville or an event at the Yum Center because everything is within a reasonable walking distance.

We found the hotel room to be clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

The lobby/bar/breakfast area was one of the most spacious and nicely decorated that I've seen.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for writing a review following your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that the location, facility and staff met your expectations and that you enjoyed yourself. Please keep us in mind for future stays in the downtown Louisville area and thanks again!
New Lenox, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Nice, clean decent sized room and bathroom. Has free parking, and free breakfast in the morning. Also has free WiFi, though a bit slow (may have been a simple problem with my laptop).

It's on Jefferson, and right near the I-65 exit... and a few blocks from downtown. It's near a shady looking gas station and pawn shop, but in the two days we stayed here, we had no problems when walking to and from downtown (at all times of the day or night).

As I said above, it's only a few blocks from downtown, so walking to the KFC Yum Center or Fourth Street Live is simple.

I read a previous review that the traffic/busy street kept that person awake over night. I slept just fine... I'm pretty sure that most people from the typical suburb or city will sleep just fine as well.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that the hotel and its location worked so well for you. We look forward to having you again as our guest when your travels take you back to our area.
Portland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My wife & I stayed there with our infant son for two nights. On the trip home we noticed these sores appearing on his arms. After arriving home I noticed them on my legs too!! They were the tell tale triple bites from bed bugs. After calling the hotel management I was told they would "investigate" to see if there was an infestation. Two days later I received a voice mail from a management company saying that they found no signs of bed bugs and therefore would not do anything to assist me. Do yourself a favor and choose another place to stay. I am a frequent business traveler and have Gold status with Hilton and have never been this appalled!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
When I was informed of the possibility of this problem, I , like most responsible hoteliers, took it very seriously and acted immediately. I personally checked this room and had the housekeeping manager inspect it as well. I did not leave it to our inspection alone----I contacted our pest control company who was here within 24 hours. They performed a thorough inspection and certified in writing that there was no sign of any activity of any kind. Although I don't dismiss that you and your son may have some type of bite, I can state that it is not the result of bedbugs or any bugs from that room.
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I use to stay at mostly holiday inns and decided to give hampton a chance. Great location clean rooms and would definetly stay again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thanks for the positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the service we provided. I hope that you will keep us in mind if your travels take you back to this area.
Columbia, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

All the staff we talked to, front desk, breakfast crew, and staff we met in the elevator were so accomodating. Front desk had great recommendations for restaurants. Provided a map with locations circled. So awesome. Maintenance and housekeeping staff on elevator were very polite and helpful with children. I think we got a room upgrade. Was very nice. As usual this hotel chain has very comfy beds/sheets/pillows. 6 yr old loved the pull out couch. The indoor pool is amazing,huge. We all loved it...kids and adults. We made the walk to Fourth Street Live downtown.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bob G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a wonderful review about your recent stay with us. I'm pleased that we provided service worthy of such great feedback. You can be certain that I will share your comments with our dedicated team. We hope to have you back in the near future as our guest.

Been to Hampton Inn Louisville Downtown? Share your experiences!