“This is a wonderful hotel at an affordable price!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #27 of 95 hotels in Louisville
“This is a wonderful hotel at an affordable price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by Microtel. I read good reviews before I made my reservation, and I hoped my hotel experience would be a good one. Thank God it was!! Everything was so neat and clean, and smelled great. the lobby was neat and clean, and the staff was nice, polite, and helpful. the room was very tidy and cozy, and the bed was sooo comfortable!! The continental breakfast was a nice touch, and it had a bigger selection than I'd ever seen. it was a relaxing, pleasant, no-hassle hotel stay. Simply wonderful!!

• Stayed June 2014

529 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Louisville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I don't travel by car often, but drove from Richmond, VA to ST. Louis,MO.
I knew it was too far for 1 drive, so I planned on staying overnight in Louisville,KY. Your cost was $93.00 for a Bed & a Bench!!
On my return trip I stayed in a Super 8 with my dog and it cost me $55.00 and it had a table w/2 chair as well as the bed.
Your pricing is very poor considering what you get.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Vani B, Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Louisville East, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We thank you for your valued review. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. Our beds are per franchise requirements. We do hope to serve you better in the future.
Vani Boppana
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have to say that this location is the nicest Microtel I have ever visited.

The rooms are small and they do not have microwaves or refrigerators. The entire hotel was very quiet and the staff was extremely nice and helpful.

The property is clean and I didn't notice any odd smells like in some other reviews. The bed was comfy and the linens were nice. Amenities were basic. HDTV with many channel options.

Close to shopping and eating.

The only complaint I would have is that I could not access the internet during my stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Palatine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here our last night on the road. A little difficult to find tucked away back in a business park and off of a very congested main drag. The lobby was cool and clean, but unremarkable. The hallways are not air conditioned, stuffy and odd smelling. The room, too was very stuffy until we opened a window and turned on the AC unit fan. AC unit hummed oddly when the condenser kicked in; annoying when trying to get a good nights sleep. Beds and linens were clean and comfortable. No fridge, no micro; dresser, desk and closet were built in laminate, definitely no frills. Very basic towels, soap and shampoo in the bathroom. But the room served our purpose as a clean place to sleep (except for that annoying AC hum) before we were back on the road again at 5 AM; no time for breakfast. We used Wyndham rewards points to stay here and wished we hadn't since the room rate was so low.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a no-frills place to stay. The lobby felt grungy with a small/old bathroom and lounge area. Skip breakfast - there weren't many options, and what was there wasn't very good (the fruit looked old/bruised and the yogurt was warm). Our room was about as clean as one would expect for paying $55/night. The fixtures in the bathroom had seen better days and needed a good scrub-down. There wasn't an iron in our room or hair conditioner (we just got soap and shampoo).

As for the positives, we were glad the AC worked well and the bedding appeared clean. We expected a small room and it was, but we had plenty of space for the two of us. Checking in/out was fast and didn't have to wait long.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Vani B, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Louisville East, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your valued review and is to inform you that we are an economy hotel. We are sorry for not able to meet your expectations related to the size of the lobby and the breakfast. We do serve continental breakfast above and beyond the brand standards. It consists of gravy and biscuit, assorted cereals, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, bread, fruits, yogurt, hard boiled eggs ,juice, tea and coffee. We do keep yogurt in ice in order to serve cold. We do get fresh fruits on day to day basis. Iron and ironing boards are available 24hours with front desk. We do provide Pantene shampoo with conditioner. We do deep cleaning of rooms on a regular basis.

Thank you and look forward to an opportunity to serve you better in near future.

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Louisville East? Share your experiences!