“All you need for a night....” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #25 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Kentucky
“All you need for a night....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Hotel is safe, clean and comfortable. This is the second time I've stayed here and it was all I needed as I was traveling from Owensboro back home to Inez and was visiting with a foster child for work at a facility in Louisville. During my stay this time, they were doing work on the floors and I parked on the wrong side of the building to go into the lobby and had to walk all the way around. It was kind of confusing but didn't ruin my stay or anything. Would recommend for those who want a budget but clean hotel for the night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Clean, small room. Adequate if all you're doing is sleeping over. Non-smoking facility. Decent breakfast bar, but the biscuits were very hard on the bottom, due to the heating tray they were in. On our first night, I heard an alarm clock go off in another room, and the person in it loved the snooze button! They finally got up at 5:30 and it was quiet. The alarm didn't bother me as I was already awake. The staff was friendly and courteous and I was accommodated quickly when I requested two extra pillows. Coffee was available 24/7. This is a good budget motel and I would stay there again. The only drawback was that there was no large sign advertising the facility from the highway. A GPS unit would be valuable in finding the motel. Lots of restaurants nearby. We can very highly recommend a meal at Mark's Feed Store and Bar-B-Q on Shelbyville Road. It's about 2 miles from the motel. Excellent food and Monday is free dessert night! Thanks for a great stay, Microtel. We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dixon, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Great breakfast. My only complaint was someone in the room above me taking a shower at 2:30a.m. and I could hear the water draining though the wall, but that was a minor problem for me.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
WNY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Traveling with two small dogs limited our options. We stayed in room 101 that stunk terribly of cat urine. The room is located by an entrance that, as other reviewers mentioned, causes you to be awoken every time the door is opened. Does not make for a restful night. Our cellphone chargers fell out of the outlets. They desperately need to be replaced. The bed skirts were stained and the cushion on the window seat was so stained I would not allow my children to sit on it. We were exhausted from traveling so we stuck it out but will not return. A shame, as the staff was exceptional during booking and check-in.

Room Tip: Avoid room 101
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Vani B, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Louisville East, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your valued review and glad to know that you liked the friendliness of our staff. This is to inform you that Room 101 has a new bed skirt . We will be replacing all our interiors within couple of weeks.We did renovated the hotel and all the electric outlets covers were changed too.Our 24hr front desk team assist the guest if any issues addressed during the stay.We do have specific rooms to allocate for rooms with pets.We do not rent 101 for pet rooms.We aplogize for not able to meet your expectations.

Thank you and look forward to an opportunity to serve you in near future.

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Louisville East? Share your experiences!