“Disappointed” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest - Louisville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 1,440 Restaurants in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Hancock & Clay
Description: harvest...a locally grown restaurant.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had avoided Harvest because it has a reputation for being too loud to carry on a conversation. We went midweek and did not have the problem. We had a very pleasant dinner, but not one which lived up to the reputation it currently enjoys. We applaud its use of locally grown products, but on a value basis, it doesn't compare with a number of other fine Louisville restaurants.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Louisville, Kentucky
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I love that they serve local food and have pictures of the farmers on the wall with a map of where they are from. The food is excellent! We had the pretzel/beer cheese as an app which was delicious and I had the gnocchi as a main dish. I recommend it!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
chicago, illinois
“Fabulous meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

First time to Louisville - thoroughly enjoyed my meal at Harvest. The salad was the BEST I've had with berries and goat cheese. Service was very good --- would recommend to my friends.

Visited June 2014
Columbus, Ohio, USA
“An Outstanding Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Highly recommended! Food and service both were outstanding. Farm-to-table taken seriously and executed extremely well.

Visited May 2014
Louisville
“One great meal out of four diners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My first trip to Harvest left me with an "average" view of the restaurant. My family and I dined there recently to mixed reviews by all. We had the sweet potato hummus appetizer which was good but not great. The hummus seemed to be over-seasoned with very little of the sweet potato flavor coming through. Presentation was beautiful though and I did enjoy the pickled vegetables that came with the plate. The crostini's that came with the dish were also very good but the namesake item in the dish will keep me from ordering it in the future. The table next to us had the cheese board appetizer and it looked delicious.

Entrees ranged from so-so to great. So-so described the gnocchi dish that my mother ordered and the pizza my wife ordered. The gnocchi dish lacked flavor and while the vegetables did taste fresh, the overall ingredients just didn't seem to go together. The pizza was $14 for a roughly 10" pie that had little country ham and some chopped banana peppers. There wasn't enough country ham on the pizza to let that salty cured ham flavor to come though.

My sister ordered the BBQ board and again the presentation was awesome! I would put this dish in the good category because of that presentation and the great collection of items on the board. My only knock on this entrée was that it arrived at the table "warm" and not "hot". I'm not sure what happened here but this dish would have made the excellent category if it weren't for that aspect. I guess I got lucky because my entrée, the pork chop, was superb. It had been cooked perfectly with a nice char on the chop. The seasoning was spot-on and the savory bread pudding was a great side dish on the plate. After distributing bites to the rest of the dinner party, all agreed that it was the best meal on the table. This dish is what will bring me to come back and try some of the other items on the menu regardless of a few of the issues we encountered.

Service was good not great and one of the owner/farmers stopped by the table to introduce himself and tell us about the restaurants "story". All four of us dined for $133 plus tip but that included a couple glasses of wine, two beers and a cocktail. A little pricy but when you source the majority of your food locally, it didn't surprise me one bit.

This restaurant could make a "very good" rating easily if the right dishes are ordered off of the menu. We'll skip the hummus, gnocchi and the pizza next time and try some other items offered on the Harvest menu.

• Visited June 2014