“Great food and good service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Harvest - Louisville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,440 Restaurants in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Hancock & Clay
Description: harvest...a locally grown restaurant.
Kentucky
“Great food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Had lunch on Sunday and it was good we had a reservation because we probably would not have gotten a table. I had Brioche French Toast and it was very good, but could have had more of the bourbon paw paw custard on it. My husband had a brunch special omelete with seasonal slaw that he enjoyed. We shared the three cheese grits and they were super. Service was good. The entrees were $12 each.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chesterfield, Missouri
“Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were in town for the Farm Machinery Show and it was Valentines Day and Harvest was the first place we called that we could get in. The food was overall really good and unique. I liked the atmosphere and the service was exceptional. I felt like it was a little pricey, but I know that kind of food is more expensive.

La Salle, Illinois
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

What am awesome restaurant. Great food! Great service! Great drinks and selection. Would highly highly recommend to anyone in the area

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Superb Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I'm glad we made a reservation - Harvest was quite busy for Sunday brunch, so just showing up might have resulted in a delay. I really enjoyed my brioche French Toast and a bourbon cocktail (Keeping up with the Joneses), while my husband licked his plate which had held a sunny side up egg sandwich, served with a pretzel croissant. The décor was fun but not fussy - tables made out of recycled wood, beautiful hammered copper basins in the rest rooms. And the people watching was fun, too: a wide variety of ages, couples, groups, locals, tourists, etc. Nice that the ingredients are locally sourced, and the servers were uniformly friendly and helpful.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
IL
“All about trend, not taste”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I visit Louisville once a year with my husband (business). I was really excited to dine at Harvest because of their "farm-to-table" cuisine.

I have to say, service was wonderful. Our wait person had the specials and menu committed to memory, but she really didn't know a whole bunch beyond that. For example, I asked about a couple of the local beers on draft, and received a blank stare and a couple of guesses. Still, she was attentive, warm, and prompt.

As for the food: totally underwhelming, so disappointing. The meat & cheese board was completely uninspired and could have been thrown together at the local Kroger. I appreciated the effort with the house-cured beef jerky, but it missed the mark by a mile.

My husband ordered the Wheatberry Risotto: Bland & tasteless. I had the Harvest Steak entrée...Good Lord, no. The steak was BLAND (salt & pepper, people!) and overdone, chewy and charred in a bad way. The square of accompanying butternut squash bread pudding was okay, comforting, but nothing my 11 year old couldn't throw together. Honestly, the best part of the meal was the crispy sweet potatoes that topped the pudding as a garnish; I had to share with my husband because he just wanted to eat SOMETHING with some flavor.

We knew going in that it was a pricey establishment, but because the food was so under-par, the bill was a joke. I appreciate that it focuses on locally-sourced ingredients, but that doesn't make up for the fact that Harvest is all about trend, NOT the food. Nashville is only 3 hours away; the chef(s) should take a day trip to Etch and learn something.

• Visited January 2014