“Ok place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #366 of 1,505 restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
“Ok place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is not my favorite place to eat at. Prices are a little higher and I have not been happy with my meal everytime.

Visited April 2013

60% Recommend
Louisville, Kentucky
“Not bad, but management could use some help”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

First off this is a good restaurant with great food and the staff has been pleasant for the most part. I've been here three times and each time used a promotional gift card. If you have a promotional gift card please be aware that they don't allow you expense alcohol or use it for tips. One time when my girlfriend and I went, they took the cards and didn't question the total and I ended up using several cards for the tab which included alcohol. The last time, when I went to use the gift cards, they wouldn't accept them. I didn't understand why they covered drinks the first time with them, but not the second. Yes, in fairness it says on the back of the card drinks aren't covered but I didn't read the back and really who does? The general manager was called to answer my misunderstanding. After asking why they wouldn't cover it the second time but did the first he said they weren't supposed to and wouldn't budge on honoring the mishap.

Truly, I feel they could have honored this misunderstanding. I told the manager that for basically $20 dollars in a misunderstanding you're telling me not to come back. He didn't answer. He wouldn't cover the drinks and I felt they should. He was unwaivering and instead of being polite and accomodating to win the customer, he'd rather not and go the negative route. So that was disappointing and I probably won't go back as much as I would like to at times based on this misunderstanding and management not willing to impress a customer to win me back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Wonderful management, fabulous food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We go to this specific Outback at least monthly. We just love the atmosphere, which is basically because of great management, especially Jason who still remembers the foods we like when come back! We have yet to have a negative experience there...The salmon and lamb are the best I've had anywhere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mount Washington, Kentucky
“Our Dinner on December 21, 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

On Friday evening my wife and I went to the Outback Steakhouse on Bardstown Road just South of the Snyder Freeway. Our service and food was very good. What customers may not know that the tables in the bar area are on a first come basis. We were told of a 45 minure wait when we arrived but found a nice table in the bar area within 10 minutes after we arrived. Waiter was very good and we would go back again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“It's ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have eaten at Outback Steakhouse often since we live very close by. In the past two years, I've had to send my steaks back several times due to over or under doneness. I ordered the pork chops this last visit and did not care for them at all. The waiter took the back and replaced them with another item which I enjoyed. The service is always good. I love the green beans - wish I had the recipe :-) My husband loves to eat there so we still go :-) They've always corrected any mistakes so that makes things much better.

• Visited March 2012