You added Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9700 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY 40299 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #74 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
CIRCLEVILLE
“stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Excellent hotel. I stay here every Friday. I enjoy my stay, have a comfortable stay, and enjoy the staffs' professionalism.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ramada P, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for being a regular guest! I appreciate it! Stop by and say Hi sometime at my office. The hotel just installed 5 new internet access points to improve the wifi connectivity at the property as well as our newest upgrade..let me know how that works!

Dawn McIntire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was a little reluctant to book this hotel due to some negative reviews on this site. But I wanted a place with an indoor pool in that area, and this hotel fit the bill. First off: I understand some of the complaints. For instance, there is a restaurant by the lobby that has live music on the weekends. However, from what I could see, you could not hear the music from any of the guest room. My only other complaint is that there is some unattractive wear and tear. Other than that, the hotel was fine. My girlfriend and I had a great stay there. We were there for five days. We enjoyed the pool on several of those days, and the workout equipment daily. Our room was equipped with a fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker, of which we made good use, and all were perfectly functional and fine. The air conditioner/heater was new and quiet and worked quite well for cooling in the day, and heating at night. There is a pizza restaurant/bar and a coffee/breakfast lounge, both of which were perfectly passable for what they are. They are not gourmet restaurants or fine dining facilities. They are places to get food, drink and coffee, and they are perfectly good at providing these services. The pool was big and warm and clean. The atrium area around the pool is lovely. The workers and service people are friendly, helpful and competent. For the price, this hotel was good at what it is, a fairly low-priced hotel with a big, heated, indoor pool. There is a Dairy Queen that essentially shares the property (separated by a tiny wooden walk bridge) so if you like that. . . All in all, it was a very good hotel experience. I would recommend it for travelers on a budget. If I were ever needing to stay in that area, I would certainly return to this hotel

Room Tip: we stayed on the bottom floor on the left side, toward the front desk, Specifically, rm 1111. easy...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so happy you enjoyed your visit...we did recently install many new air conditioning units, and are working hard every week to continually address some of the wear and tear items in the hotel. We have a great new Executive Housekeeper as well who is working daily to keep the hotel nice and clean! We would love to have you back!

Kingston, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Through some connections we were able to get a good rate for the four of us, 2 children (16/20 yrs old), and my wife and I. Connecting rooms, clean, if a little bit dated, but quite roomy, lots of storage. nice TVs (3 of them, each bedroom plus living room). New aircon, easily controlled so were comfortable all the time. We'll definitely repeat our visit next time we're in Louisville.
Great mattresses, quality sleep. I like firm mattresses and these treated me well.
Didn't try the restaurant, but the coffee was good, and we found the staff to be friendly and competent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking time to review us and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Stop in and say hello the next time you in, would love to meet you!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our company used the Ramada Plaza in Louisville for our KY Regional Meeting in August. We had 30 Directors attend the meeting. The meeting went very smoothly, sleeping rooms were clean and comfortable, and the meals and snacks were served on time and were very good. The large meeting rooms were also very confortable. I would give the Ramada Plaza a very good rating. Everything ran smoothly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ramada P, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing the Ramada Plaza. The hotel is working very hard to continue to get better every day, and its wonderful to hear that your group enjoyed the visit and we were able to meet all of your needs. We hope you will return soon and let our friendly staff take care of you again. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion!

Dawn McIntire, General Manager
DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

got this place from hotwire for $40 a night. the rooms are okay but what is not in the description is that there is a freaking night club adjacent to back of the hotel. when complained about it, the front desk refused to move me else where and essentially told me that i was the only one complaining and i should suck it up. so to sum it up.

1. don't take a room in the back as it seems to be the place where most people have complaints.
2. don't book this hotel unless you like the sound of someone revving a harley davidson on your drive way 2-4 am when you try to sleep.

Room Tip: avoid this place if you can. if you can't pick a room near the front of facing the court yard.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ramada P, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
First let me apologize for the noise and that we couldnt get you moved...the hotel does not actually have a night club behind it, however, we do have a conference center/ ballroom and this past week-end a group booked it who had a DJ, which I presume is what you heard. If you would like to contact me directly, I will see if I can make it up to you, as it did not seem you had a pleasant stay and did not get the rest you needed. Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.

The Ramada Plaza
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Beds were comfy.
Our A/C unit was terrible, which made this bad hissing, followed by a gurgling growl every five minutes. Knowing we weren't going to get an adequate amount of sleep with the noise, we were given another room. This A/C was also loud, with a hissing noise. (This was not your typical A/C sound)
Our non-smoking* room wreaked of cigarette smoke and mold. (This was actually both rooms, too).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am very concerned about the review that you have written, and have immediately called the service that provides our life guards so that this is addressed right away. The hotel has just purchased many new AC units to replace some of the older units that were here to provide a better quality to our guests. You may contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to further discuss, thank you so much for your time.

United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was very unsatisfied along with a bunch of other people in our group we stay with. We only stayed for 2 nights. First of all when I walked in the very back entrance of the hotel it smells really old. Then when we got to our room I could smell a slight mold, I couldn't see any mold but I could smell it slightly. Our air condition was very noisy and my husband and I had to turn it off when we slept and then turn it off and on through out the night when It would get hot in our room and leave it on when we left the room. Another problem we had was when we went to the pool. It was a nice pool and big but very cold for an indoor pool. The was a "lifeguard" which was a young boy when we went who stay on his cell phone the whole time we were there. As I was walking down into the pool I slipped and fell and hit my back and I am 32 weeks pregnant so you can tell I am pregnant. I hit my back and my husband rushed over to me as well as another man there swimming with his son and helped me up. The life guard sat there on his phone and did not once ask if I was even ok. I found this very disturbing. Especially if someone was to be drowning or something...I would have to question this young man ability to take control of the situation. There was no signs that said slippery when wet or careful when wet or anything to let me know. I was simply walking as I normally would. I did not like this hotel at all. The restaurant was too loud because of the band that Saturday night and full of drunk people staggering around...it was definitely not a family scene. I would not recommend for families to eat there of a night time on the weekend.

The beds however were very comfortable...that was all we liked about the room and stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramada P, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback, I am the new General Manager, in my first month at the property, and this helps me know where to focus my attention to improve the experience for future guests.

Been to Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!