“this is an older hotel but it's ok for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9700 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY 40299 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #74 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Ironton, Ohio
“this is an older hotel but it's ok for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I booked this hotel on hotwire.I was looking for a cheap place to stay for one night.The hotel staff were friendly and Helpful.The room was clean and Comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Nice check-in at front desk and front desk area nice. The bed in my room was fairly new and firm, but not super comfy. The bathroom had a new shower curtain and the towels and bedding were all clean. The carpet was decent in the room & public areas. It had a nice new flat-screen LCD TV. Bedding was attractive. Now the bad. The hotel smells musty when you first walk in any side door to the hall where the rooms are. The public areas are worn and 2 star motel-like. The walls are a horrible distressed concrete (all walls in all rooms) that looks like a 3rd world country. There were several dead bugs (not roaches) under the sink area of my room, dark mold spots on shower grout, a very noisy hard-to-control A/C unit that vibrated badly, Every time a door closed from someone's room, it is forced to slam because of springs and is very loud and this went on almost all night when I was there. The love-seat in room is ugly and uninviting. I wouldn't even consider sitting on it. The bed pillows were lumpy round oddly shaped things that were hard to sleep on. They did not restock coffee the 2nd day. I had heard that Ramada had refreshed their brand but if this is it, I'm done. Not impressed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

OooMG!! This place is so creepy! We got assigned it on hotwire.com and passes by it in the dark cuz we said, " No way can this Huge complex be a ramada inn... ". The hallways are a labrynth that look like a mirror trick of endless hallways. The middle of the hotel is a HUGE atrium the size of an auditorium with a creepy musty pool and young adults playing cards to rap music and shot and beer glasses on the table. This was at past midnight.... Not a place for kids or unarmed single travellers. My husband and i are both licensed conceal/carry firearm owners so we were just smiling in disbelief at it all, it was only for one night.
The accommodations were meh at best. New beds that were cumfy, but the carpets were nasty and the walls and ceilings made you cringe a little.
Highlights??... Nothing as advertised. No wifi, No breakfast. Never bothered with the dingy fitness center or questionable pool.

• Stayed July 2012
Lexington, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on four occasions during the past six months due to it being the host site of several business conferences. I will NOT be staying again, even if it is the host site of a meeting. The four rooms I have stayed in are always below par in terms of cleanliness and furnishings, and service is the worst I have ever seen.

On my last stay, there were no sheets on one of the beds. I called the front desk upon arrival in the room at 3:00 and reported the issue. By 9:00 that evening I had called on two other occasions because we did not have them and it was time for bed. At the time of the last call, the same hotel clerk who took all the calls stated that housekeeping was gone for the day and he had no linens to give out. I politely suggested that he could send someone to the linen closet or pull the sheets from a bed in a room that was not being used, and the hotel clerk informed me that he was the ONLY person on staff in the hotel that evening and could not leave the desk! This location has at least two hundred guest units - the fact that there was only one person on staff (and not even a member of security present) is of great concern to me. I finally convinced him to allow me to enter another room and pull the sheets from the bed.

I stayed a total of three nights on my last stay, and the room was NEVER cleaned by housekeeping. When I called to report it that evening and request towels, the clerk asked why I hadn't just stolen clean towels from the maid's cart... When I said we had no toilet paper he offered directions to Walmart.

The shower curtain rod had been pulled out of the wall and was propped up on the top tile of the shower unit. The remaining hole was at least 12" in diameter. There was still trash in the garbage cans in the room that was not removed after the last guest left. I stay in hotels at least forty nights a year, and I have never seen anything like this in my life.

The meeting facilities are good and the staff in that area are friendly, but the lodging accommodations are horrible. I will say that others had a better experience - some of the rooms near the front desk had been renovated. I have never had the pleasure of staying in one of those...

Next time I will opt to stay at the Hyatt Place that is about a mile down the road - trust me, you'll want to do the same!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, request a renovated room near the front desk.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed at this Ramada Inn in the hopes that our children could go swimming. We reached the front desk and were told that the pool was not in operation. We had booked the reservation on Priceline and we were guaranteed a pool...but this was not the case. I asked if there was anything that they could do for us since we were really hoping to have a pool to swim in. They offered us a free breakfast for the next morning...which sounded fair enough.. When we went down to breakfast the next morning, the staff looked at us like we were crazy... and then we were escorted to the front desk to find out if they really could give us free breakfast. They also told us that their breakfast buffet had closed at 8:30 am and It was 8:40 am! I have never heard of breakfast ending at 8:30 am..thought that is when it starts!! To top it off.. most of the fitness equipment is in disrepair and we lost money in the washing machine, game room and vending machine and were told that we must call an 800 number to get our money back! The rooms are mediocre. The hotel smells bad and needs a lot of updating. My personal opinion is that when you have a lot of updating and things are not top notch..you make it better with high quality customer service.
The management does not seem willing to make things right. When you try to reach them..they are out to lunch or have stepped away. I would highly advise finding another place to stay! This hotel should be a one star!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stopped here after spending 8 days in Tennessee. We just needed a clean place to stay to get a good night's sleep. This was our first stay in a Ramada and I was not impressed. The room was going to be $95 including tax. After having to move my sleeping family to another room in the middle of the night due to nonworking AC they lowered the rate to $69. After fighting to get to room one with a luggage rack at 1:30 in the morning to make the move at once, they credited the entire bill. I don't want anyone else to make the same mistake I made and stay there until they make some changes in that hotel. I am not sure that Ramada knows what kind of disrepair this hotel is in but I will make sure they know about our stay. I hope they do something about it because I will not stay there again and I doubt I will return to any Ramada. I incorrectly assumed going with a name brand hotel and having a high room rate like this hotel did it would provide a nice place to stay. I was incorrect.

Downside: Filthy, run down rooms, Carpeting needs to be replaced due to smell, stains. AC didn't work in hallways or our first room. Hotel is a maze for trying to get a luggage cart to a room and it ended up being impossible due to stairs. You can smell smoke in the hallways outside the non smoking rooms.

Upside: Good beds, nice lobby and public areas. Friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Newburgh, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

As for the hotel, I wouldn't stay there! After making a walk-in reservation, I was given a key to my room. The room was very warm and the AC was cranked. I felt like Goldilocks as I could tell that someone had sat on the bed. LONG story short, someone tried to enter the room while I was in it. They had also been given a key to this room! Anyway, I gladly walked to the lobby and cancelled my reservation and stayed at the nearby Best Western which was great and only $10 more/night!

The conference center was fine and the service was prompt and courteous.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ramada Plaza Louisville Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!