“Our anniversary dinner and kind of disappointing...” 2 of 5 stars

502-584-3266
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie Merlot's - Louisville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,518 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Muhammad Ali Blvd.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Our anniversary dinner and kind of disappointing...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I had heard about this restaurant because there is one in our area, but I had not tried it yet. The restaurant is very beautiful so I was excited about our celebration. Our waiter must have been new because he messed up our order and did not know the details about their anniversary dinner special. He did not recommend anything, he did not explain anything, he did not even offer coffee, I had to ask. There was not much food. They bring you a shimp cocktail appetizer for 2 with 3 shrimp on it. Why not 2 or 4? There are no vegetables served with the dinner. I wish he would have said something - we would have ordered ala carte. I was not impressed. After spending over $150.00 we ended up have a snack later in the evening somewhere else.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“In no way possible was this place worth the price & hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

An old business friend invited me to dinner & they chose this place. I was excited since the inflight mag had it listed in the top 10 steakhouses in America..lol! Being fr metro NY, I know Luger's, Sparks & the Palm so I was interested. I knew something was up when they were out of bleu cheese olives for the martinis. The wagyu ribeye was so over salted it reminded me if being @ an Outback. Someone else had an oversalted steak as well & for $51 dollars as we say in my neck of the woods"forgeddaboutit" the bloody Mary they highly praise was also horrible..new bartender they told me. To be fair the bleu cheese chips were good & so was the lobster mac&cheese @ $19. The Oregon Pinot we ordered was very good & should have been for $124/bottle. In summary, never believe an inflight mag.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful meal - exceeded all our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We went to Eddie Merlot's for our anniversary and it was great! We have been to Morton's and Ruths Chris before, and in my opinion, Eddie Merlot's far exceeds them with both service and food.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Art Deco decor and Ahi Tuna apps”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011 via mobile

We went on the way to the theater for a romantic dinner and was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was a busy Art Deco and quite a change from the old Rhodes clothing store. Food highlights were the Salmon entree and the farm to table heirloom gazpacho. Actually, the best bargain and taste were the Ahi Tina wontons.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, KY
“Not Morton's but better than Ruby's or Ruth's Chris”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We had to try it and compare to Morton's, Jeff Ruby's and Ruth's Chris. Sorry, but Morton's is still our favorite. The meal was good, no doubt about it. Steak was done perfectly. Ordered the shrimp scampi for two, flamed at the table. Server dropped one on the floor. Said he would get one of their stuffed shrimps delivered with our entre but it never came. Offered us a dessert but they didn't have anything we wanted. Took $4.00 off the bill....excuse me, but 6 shrimp for $26 = $4.33 each. Not a big deal, but not very good customer service in my opinion. The wife felt the ceasar dressing was to "vinegary" but I liked it. Lyonaise potatos appeared fried rather than sauted and had little onion and no bacon...just a taste thing since we're used to Morton's. The house merlot tasted good but you get less than 1/4 of a glass for $9. At Morton's we get the Steak & Seafood for Two at $119 and we always have enough left over for a full meal the next day, including one of the two legendary chocolate cakes. We won't be back.

• Visited September 2011