“Delightful Dining Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #188 of 1,560 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Indian, International, Vegetarian, Vegan
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Description: Taj Palace Indian Restaurant near westport road: We specialize in delicious and reasonablypriced cuisine, including our house specialties and other customerfavorites. Our cuisine entrees are served in a relaxed and welcoming settingthat you and your friends and family are sure to enjoy. Whether you are inthe mood to indulge in something new or just want to enjoy some oldfavorites, we promise that our inventive menu and attentive service will leave you truly satisfied. We have outdoor seating with roof as well as bar seating. Owned by chefs of Louisville's favorite India Palace. No matter what your occasion calls for or yourappetite demands, the friendly staff at Taj Palace promise to makeyour next dining experience a pleasant one.
Ñunya, Lima, Peru
“Delightful Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We visited the Taj Palace last week and it really was excellent. The staff is charming, cordial and warm and the food is top-notch! Taj Palace definite out-does Shalimar in quality, quantity and value! Excellent authentic Indian cuisine custom made to order - you will adore the aroma when you first walk through the door and being greeted by friendly caring staff!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kentucky
“First time at Taj Palace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Tandoori Mixed grill was tasty and well prepared. The Chicken Korma was good, but next time I will order it a little more spicy than medium. Did't care for Cheese Stuffed Kulcha- thought it could have more cheese. Liked the Kashmiri Naan but it was a little doughy.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Great food the lunch buffet is tasty. Always good and generally not crowded. If you like Indian food try this place. Bon Appetite. Reasonably priced and clean. Food was fresh and hot.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ardmore
“We Couldn't Stop Eating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The GPS listed an Indian restaurant, so we took a chance and were not disappointed. The food was so delicious, we couldn't stop eating, even when we were full. We had Garlic Nan (big), Tomato Coconut soup (Yum!), Mango Lassi drinks for the kids, Chai for us, Tandoori Chicken, and Vegetable Samosas (small fried vegetable pies). It was delicious! The service was great, and the restaurant is very pretty and nicely decorated.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pewee Valley, Kentucky
“Very good food, friendly service, excellent ambiance inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

If there's ever an example of "don't judge a book by its cover," Taj Palace has got to be it. The nondescript building looks positively sad on the outside. Even the waterwall, while peaceful to listen to, looks homely.

Step inside, however, and you'll be pleased. The restaurant is immaculately clean, with nice accents and a beautiful bar. Lighting is subtle, and actually would make it a great romantic meal. Indian music is piped throughout but at a low volume as if not to offend (if anything, a bit louder would add to my experience, but that's just me).

I've eaten here twice. I had their lunch buffet about a year ago. It's a good value for the money with ample choices, although Shalimar's buffet is a bit better for food quality and presentation. Still, I'd have no problem eating Taj's buffet again. There was some confusion about correctly charging my credit card, but it was resolved quickly and the waitress was all smiles.

Recently, I stopped by for a carryout order. Every staff person I met was personable and friendly. After just a few minutes of waittime (while I sat comfortably at the bar), I was brought my food with apologies ("I told them you were here waiting!"), as if I was a regular who had been kept an hour. The food itself was not only delicious (saag paneer with naan bread) but the portions were large enough for an entire second meal.

I'd like to take my wife here for a true sit-down dinner and relax in the ambience. Taj Palace is definitely recommended.

Visited June 2013