“Very good food, friendly service, excellent ambiance inside” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #146 of 1,519 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Indian, Vegan, Vegetarian, International
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Taj Palace Indian Restaurant near westport road: We specialize in delicious and reasonablypriced cuisine, including our house specialties and other customerfavorites. Our cuisine entrees are served in a relaxed and welcoming settingthat you and your friends and family are sure to enjoy. Whether you are inthe mood to indulge in something new or just want to enjoy some oldfavorites, we promise that our inventive menu and attentive service will leave you truly satisfied. We have outdoor seating with roof as well as bar seating. Owned by chefs of Louisville's favorite India Palace. No matter what your occasion calls for or yourappetite demands, the friendly staff at Taj Palace promise to makeyour next dining experience a pleasant one.
Pewee Valley, Kentucky
“Very good food, friendly service, excellent ambiance inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

If there's ever an example of "don't judge a book by its cover," Taj Palace has got to be it. The nondescript building looks positively sad on the outside. Even the waterwall, while peaceful to listen to, looks homely.

Step inside, however, and you'll be pleased. The restaurant is immaculately clean, with nice accents and a beautiful bar. Lighting is subtle, and actually would make it a great romantic meal. Indian music is piped throughout but at a low volume as if not to offend (if anything, a bit louder would add to my experience, but that's just me).

I've eaten here twice. I had their lunch buffet about a year ago. It's a good value for the money with ample choices, although Shalimar's buffet is a bit better for food quality and presentation. Still, I'd have no problem eating Taj's buffet again. There was some confusion about correctly charging my credit card, but it was resolved quickly and the waitress was all smiles.

Recently, I stopped by for a carryout order. Every staff person I met was personable and friendly. After just a few minutes of waittime (while I sat comfortably at the bar), I was brought my food with apologies ("I told them you were here waiting!"), as if I was a regular who had been kept an hour. The food itself was not only delicious (saag paneer with naan bread) but the portions were large enough for an entire second meal.

I'd like to take my wife here for a true sit-down dinner and relax in the ambience. Taj Palace is definitely recommended.

Monroeville, Indiana
“Good food, great bread”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have little expertise with Indian food, but when a Groupon opporunity arose we decided to try this little place in Louisville. In fact, I can't remember exactly what I had - it was a kind of dunmpling - but it was quite tasty. I do enjoy naan bread, and made sure to order some, which was especially good, crispier than I have usually had. The restaurant was very clean and the service good.

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Bad wine but food was okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Ate here our last night in Lville. The place is very large inside and we were seated quickly. We ordered wine which tasted like vinegar and had obviously sat out too long. Don't order wine if you go here or order a bottle and have them open it in front of you. The sweet naan stuffed with cranberries, raisins and some other stuff was great. Never had that before. Also had garlic naan and some veggie dishes. It was okay food - not the best or worst Indian I've had. I don't live in the area but if I did I prob wouldn't go back.

“Delicious Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

During our first visit to Louisville, our friends and their teenage daughters took us to their favorite Indian restaurant. Our experience could not have been any better! The service was prompt, and the savory food was served piping hot. We each ordered something different and shared. I think we all did a great job of cleaning our plates. They were careful to season the dishes to our "heat" preferences. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville
“Good Food - Even Better Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Visited Taj Palace in March and the service was very poor. The owner contacted me, apologized and provided a gift card and asked I visit again. On this visit I enjoyed a good meal at Taj Palace with excellent service.

• Visited May 2013