“Stopped on a whim, glad we did” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 45 Coffee & Tea in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Louisville, Kentucky
“Stopped on a whim, glad we did”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My mom and I ate lunch here Saturday on a whim. We were downtown, headed to another restaurant, when we saw the menu for this place. It looked good, so in we went. What a fabulous choice. We split the antipasto platter (yum), spinach and atrichoke dip (best we've ever had, and we've eaten many), and the prosciotto & fig panini (awesome). Prices were very reasonable, our total with tip was $13 each (no drinks). The only negative was the peppers on the antipasto platter which my mom said were not good as they were too large and thus chewy (I don't eat them). Definitely stop by if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

St. Louis, Missouri
“Friendly waitresses, great cappucinos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I stopped by to get a coffee and peruse our laptop. Let me tell you the waitresses were about the friendliest around, and the cappucino with one shot of chocolate with incredible.

A mom and her daughters came in after us and sat down to dinner, and I overheard them they how great the salads were.

Clean restaurant, great service, nice waitresses. I would defnitely come back when in the area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Not your average cafe'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This cafe' has an artsy vibe; kind of an industrial loft feel. Our dining experience was a little different from other reviewers. We received excellent service. Granted, the restaurant was only half full and it was likely after the lunch time rush.

Our kids really enjoyed the sweet tea, but did not like their quesadillas mainly because of the spinach tortillas. When we asked if there were any other tortillas, they said no; I found the lack of variety a little strange. On my part, my husband and I enjoyed our food; he had the apple bacon quesadilla. The sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing on my salad was excellent. When I inquired about it, they said it was made from scratch on the premises.

Overall, the food was good (adults liked it; kids didn't), ambiance was different, and the service was great!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lindsborg, Kansas
“A very unique place to eat on Main Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We came across this place as we were walking by looking for a place for lunch. A gentleman walk out and recommended to us as we were starry around. We were very happy he said something to us as the service was great and food was a wow for our family with reasonable prices. If you visit Louisville Slugger like we did and take a right about 2-3 clocks on same side.

Visited July 2012
Philadelphia
“Do Yourself a Favor and Skip it...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We came here after a quick visit to the Lousiville Slugger Museum as it is just down the block. There was one waitress who came to us once and then would not make eye contact for another 45 minutes. All we ordered was a salad and quesadillas, not anything extravagant by any means. When we finally had to go get someone to ask for to go boxes since we were now late (we were going to a wedding and thought we had plenty of time to get a quick bite and get back to the hotel and get ready) the waitress made the excuse that "there was a 9 top" and that is why it was taking so long. Seriously? 9 people came in and you couldn't handle it? After asking for the "to go" boxes our food was brought out and they proceeded to ignore the box request for another 10 minutes. My husband had to get up and tell the woman behind the counter that we had to leave and we needed the check and the boxes immediately. It was totally ridiculous, the level of bad service here was astounding. I didn't even get to eat my salad. It looked like any other salad so who knows if it was good or not. Do yourself a favor and keep walking, unless you enjoy a nice long wait for a quesadilla.

• Visited July 2012