“Underground Zipping” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 61 Attractions in Louisville
Type: Caverns/ Caves, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: While visiting Louisville, Kentucky, you won't want to miss MEGA ZIPS; "The World's ONLY FULLY Underground Zip Lines & Adventure Tour" featuring 6 Ziplines and 2 challenge bridges up to 2 hours of adrenaline or MEGA QUEST the ONLY FULLY underground ropes challenge course in the world! Mega QUEST is one of only twenty courses of its kind in the USA. Aerial challenge and ropes courses are the hottest new extreme sport in Europe where thousands of courses are located. For those wanting a lesser thrill, be sure to check out the MEGA TRAM a Historic Tour: Ride and never walk through a part of 17 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville. Learn about the geology, history, mining techniques, recycling, and green business technology. See where 50,000 people would have been invited to stay during the Cold War Era. The historic tram tour operates mid-January through October. If you are visiting us during the holiday season, be sure to check out Lights Under Louisville: The World's Only FULLY Underground Holiday Light Show. Drive through 1.2 miles of underground passageways beneath the city of Louisville, Kentucky as you see and hear the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Offered seasonally mid-November through December. The cavern is transformed into an underground holiday light show with more than 750 lit characters.
memphis
“Underground Zipping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am somewhat adventurous but also reasonably afraid of heights and enclosed places so I was a little nervous about zipping underground. However, the tour guides Kelly and Brandon were an excellent pair of tour guides. Brandon appealed to your adventurous side by telling lighthearted, scary jokes while Kelly backed him up by reassuring you if you were scared. This was definitely the scariest thing I've ever done but I don't regret doing it. It was so much fun! If you are slightly hesitant, just don't think, do it!

Amherst, Massachusetts
“Zip On!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is the second time I've been zipping but my first time at Mega Cavern. It was a really cool experience zipping under ground. I went with a friend who had never been zip lining and the staff was really great with her and made her feel at ease. Our tour Guides Max and Bridgette were funny and informative. Bridgette, especially was patient and sensitive to my friends needs. The lines were all different lengths and heights and they had some cool lighting effects throughout. I wish it were a little cheaper but over all it was worth it.

“Mega Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I took a zip line tour the first week of June and had a blast!! My tour guides, Bridgette and Mallory were so much fun. I really enjoyed getting to know them and all the people in my tour group. I went alone and was afraid I wouldn't have anyone to enjoy it with but the guides were really interactive and the other people on my tour were open and fun so it felt like I had gone with a bunch of friends! The zip lines were exhilarating. It was also cool to "do it under ground"!

Evansville, Indiana
“Best first date prize goes too.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

What a blast! I was brought to Louisville Mega Cavern on a first date, needless to say I wasn't told where I was being taken until I got there. I have a fear of heights, so let's just say I was apprehensive, but my adventurous side took over and there I was zip lining in a cave. Our guides, Racheal and Kyle were very informative, funny, and added to the experience, and I actually enjoyed the rest of the group we zipped with as well. Needless to say I am coming back next weekend, and this time I am bringing my friends! Kyle and Rachael, get ready, the "Hoosier" is coming back, this time with reinforcements. lol

clare
4 attraction reviews
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was a bit disappointing. Too much stopping and repeating what was already said. Having our guide eat a worm was disgusting.