“Stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bashford Manor Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Louisville
Bashford Manor Bed and Breakfast
You added Bashford Manor Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2227 Bashford Manor Lane, Louisville, KY 40218 (East Louisville)   |
Ranked #9 of 16 Louisville B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Bashford Manor for a brief weekend trip. The beautiful old home was once the manor house on a horse farm. Its present owner, Cynthia, rescued it from disrepair, and it's now grand and regal with large staircases, polished wood floors, and antique furniture. Our suite was similarly styled, with huge windows that looked out onto the gardens. Cynthia is a sweet hostess and a good cook (not to mention a real-life cartographer!). We can't recommend Bashford Manor enough and hope to stay again on our next trip to Louisville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 2 teens and I stayed here over Easter weekend. This was our first time at a b&b but we were excited to try. We were inteugued after we watched their YouTube before we stayed and checked the website. We stayed in the east suite. It was a nice home away from home for the weekend. Very close to the highway. Great breakfast. Super clean room. Lots of history. I'd def stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Winona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was on a road trip, frequenting chain hotels. The hotels were nice ones, but nothing could compare to how comfortable I was at this bed and breakfast called Bashford Manor. I emailed the Inngineer for a room, and based on what I told her I was doing (bringing my bike on this trip, etc), she offered me the Garden Loft at about half the price. I couldn't have asked for more. Antiques, comfort, quiet, hot tub, fire place, garden view, and great conversation. Also easy to find and not far from the Highlands shopping area. Could have biked there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

With its has high ceilings, tasteful and artistic decor, Bashford Manor is easily the most beautiful and unique B&B that we have ever booked. It brims with southern hospitality, grace and comfort.

The breakfast buffet was a delight as well.

We would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Bashford Manor B&B is a pleasant and comfortable inn with a welcoming, friendly owner. Location is good. If you're interested in history, you will not beat this place...great connections to early Louisville leaders and to the early days of the Kentucky Derby. The building has been nicely refinished with the addition of some modern out-bulidings, and the owner is committed to continued improvents in the landscaping. Breakfast was plentiful and enjoyable

Room Tip: We a room on the upper floor...very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stanford, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Bashford for her birthday weekend and were not disappointed. The lavishly restored and cared for home is an excellent historic landmark and treasure and a treat to stay in. Cynthia, the owner, was very welcoming and accommodating; every expectation and need was met with enthusiasm and kindness.

We used the Jane Austen Library Suite and were extremely satisfied and impressed with the room. A large period room with high ceilings and enough square footage for a family, it included a fireplace (non-working) with two reading chairs in front, built-in shelving lined with excellent reading material, antique furnishings along with modern amenities (small fridge, microwave, sink), full bath with jet-tub, a large comfortable bed, and two small sitting beds that could be used for additional guests, was more than breathtaking.

We experienced a quiet, relaxing evening and refreshed in the morning with a nice hot shower and full, specially cooked breakfast. During breakfast the hosts, including Cynthia, kindly waited on us hand and foot and met us with delightful conversation including historical talk of the home, local events, a recommendation to visit the antique book sale nearby, and general friendly chatter; both hosts were interesting and kind. And the food itself was spectacular with perfectly seasoned omelets, fresh fruit, Belgian waffles, pastries, and more.

All in all, an incredible experience that I’d recommend to anyone traveling in the area; while we live only a couple hours away we will return for another stay and to visit with our new friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I returned to the Bashford Manor recently. Hard to believe, it was even better. Cynthia has added so much! A new patio makes the outdoor area so cool. A running fountain, brick patio, cafe seating. Just beautiful. The day I visited to book my stay there was a gathering of local food supporters. They had a tent over the patio and by dusk it was just gorgeous. The new Carriage House she added gives three more spaces (she let me tour). These rooms are more on the modern side. The rooms inside the house are still awash with the past. I got a chance to see her new video. Its on YouTube. But here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/link_gplus?next=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dvd7BnWBPCyo. If the link is a problem, you can search Bashford Manor Bed & Breakfast on YouTube and it comes right up. If you need a long weekend away or are traveling for business, if you can get in...this is the place. I've traveled quite a bit for business and the sterility of hotel rooms start to depress me after a short while (not to mention all the chemicals in the carpet.) I usually get put up in a downtown location and am surrounded by strangers, concrete and smog. At the Bashford Manor, I enjoy the homey surroundings, being able to do my laundry on site, access to the kitchen if I want to cook, safe parking, and peace and quiet in my own room. The cost is less than the hotels my company always seems to want to put me into. Residence Inn wanted over $3,000.00. My stay at Bashford was over 20% less than that and my boss loved me! The yard is huge and I love being surrounded by the green lawn and ancient trees. Its heaven. If you are traveling for business, want a temporary residence-like environment...get your reservation as quickly as you can. Did I mention the best part? It's Cynthia herself. She always has information, stories, and interesting facts to discuss. She isn't intrusive but somehow is always available when I want something. I find her in the kitchen or on the porch. She introduces guests to one another and then we have a fine time chatting and getting to know one another. By staying longer, I have my own autotomy. I don't do the morning breakfasts (because I get the lower rate!) I have a little refrigerator, microwave, and sink so that I can get groceries. Cynthia lets me use her beautiful kitchen to make meals. whew. I just can't tell you how much STRESS I DON'T have on trips anymore. Its been like coming home each time. This time, I'll use the conierge services and have my dry cleaning sent out, local meals brought in, and a trip back to the airport. Thank you so much, Miss Cynthia.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Bashford Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!