“One of the best restaurants in Louisville.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wiltshire on Market

Wiltshire on Market
636 East Market Street, Louisville, KY 40202 (Phoenix Hill)
502-589-5224
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 1,560 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Phoenix Hill
Louisville, Kentucky
“One of the best restaurants in Louisville.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We have been to Wiltshire many times in the past year. It is small place where locals go to enjoy great food. The menu is small and changes weekly depending on what's in season/available. There is always at least one seafood and one vegetarian entree. I like the fact that the vegetarian entree is often creative and delicious. It seems like the same care is taken with that dish as with the others - not just something thrown together in case a patron doesn't eat meat. Reservations are key as there are only about 8 tables unless you don't mind sitting at their bar. We enjoy the bar though. The atmosphere is wonderful. Service is friendly and knowledgeable - the owner is almost always there as well. I love the dishware - all hand made Pottery carefully chosen from a potter the owner knows in New Hampshire. They are only open Thurs thru Sunday - for dinner. This place is a gem and I highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Prospect, Kentucky
“creative menues”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Their menues change weekly and are always interesting. I love the place, but because they are also caterers, I believe they are only open 4 or 5 days in the week. Small, intimate and great ambiance.
Good time to go is during the Trolley Hop which is the first Friday of each month. Lots of folks strolling by for people watching.

Visited December 2011
“A gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I really like this restaurant. It's an adult place, with a smooth yet comfortable ambience. The food is fabulous. The owner is a real creative person and she looks after all the details. In the summer we sat outside, then were inside in the fall. It is a special place. There is also an upstairs room for larger groups. A gem.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Louisville, Kentucky
“Unique and pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Wiltshire on Market has a very creative menu that changes every week. You know you will always have a choice of one entree option each of meat, poultry, fish or vegetarian , but that is all. That being said, I've never been disappointed in the food quality, which has always been first rate. The service can be slow at times (especially if the owner is not around to ride herd), but not so much so as to discourage me from going. This is by far my 1st choice restaurant in town. If you like chain restaurant food on huge plates, it will be disappointment. But if you appreciate an intimate, more European style dining experience, you'll appreciate Wiltshire on Market.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“The food is very good but the portions are small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Let me begin by saying the food was very good. The flatbread pizza (appetizer) was delicious. I had the scallops as my entrée, and they were also really good and my husband enjoyed his risotto cake. The reason I’m giving this place three stars instead of four is that the portion size of the entrees was way too small and, in my opinion, did not merit the cost. I am a person who DOES value quality over quantity, but for $19 I got three scallops, each the size of a quarter, garnished with some fried onions and a dollop of sauce. Truly it was more like an appetizer than an entrée. The risotto cake was also tiny though more filling. The service was very good and the waitress was kind enough to give us some complementary cookies since we had to wait a long time for the food. I thought this was nice since we did not even complain about the wait!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere