“Wonderful Hotel and Great Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Centerville, Minnesota, USA
“Wonderful Hotel and Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is newly redone and beautiful but what makes this hotel standout is the restaurant. The food is exceptional - I highly recommend the pork chops. Last but not least, the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JeffreyThompson, Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words! Like you I am a Big Fan of the pork chops so glad you enjoyed them! Chef Ryan and the entire staff put a huge amount of passion into Charr’d and to hear you say the nice things you did only inspires everyone more. Thanks again for choosing the Marriott Louisville and even more for giving Charr’d a chance! Please let us know if you are back in Louisville and we can put together a bourbon appetizer your next visit!

Best Regards

Kris Thomas
Asst. General Manager / F&B Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Paducah, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was at the Marriott Louisville East for a work meeting. I had never stayed at this particular Marriott but my husband told me not to expect much. I'm assuming this hotel has changed addresses or had a major renovation. Everything was top notch. The lobby and bar area is nice and open with TVs and a good bar selection. I saw the lobby and second floor restrooms being cleaned more than once during my visit. There was a note on my pillow from housekeeping letting me know they were there should I need anything. Room service was delivered within 20 minutes and they brought me a "special request" from the bar. I've stayed in many Marriotts, but these beds seem to be particularly comfortable, and I'm pretty picky.
But the reason for my review is the management and phone staff. After driving home, over 3 hours away, I realized I had left my bag with laptop somewhere in the lobby. I called and spoke to Laura who didn't find the bag in lost and found but assured me she would have management check the lobby immediately. She called back within 10 minutes and had found the bag. She also arranged to have my bag shipped to my house. They took the time and went the extra mile to make sure I had my laptop the very next morning. A luxury hotel is more than accommodations and the Marriott East Louisville nailed what true customer service is. You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on your recent stay at the Marriott Louisville East. The hotel did re-open in June 2012 after a 40 million dollar redesign and rebuild. We strive to provide excellent customer service and amenities at the Marriott Louisville East, and we’re pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. I’m glad to hear that you received your laptop as well. We hope to see you soon at the Marriott Louisville East when you’re visiting the Louisville area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting Kentucky for a bourbon tour. The location was perfect for visiting a lot of the distilleries. We ate dinner at the Charr'd restaurant at the hotel both nights. Both dinners were very good. We had a very nice room with a lot of space.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Marriott Louisville East. We are proud to be the Official Sponsor of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail as well as a member of the Urban Bourbon Trail. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our bourbon themed hotel and your dining experience in Charr’d Bourbon Kitchen & Lounge. We hope to welcome your again to the hotel very soon! Please let us if we can be of any assistance in planning your next stay.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Third and Jefferson wasn't a good address 30 years ago... but now, well you get what you expect in a Marriott, and its at cleaned up Third and Jefferson. There are a lots of folks to help with your questions on the ground floor. This is a very clean hotel and I believe they are proud of it. Nicely appointed rooms. Do ask for a room with river views... plus of UofL's KFC Yum! Center arena. There are lots of restaurants nearby making it a perfect weekend getaway, which is what we did use this hotel for.

Room Tip: River view is the only way to go at this Marriott.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Evansville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We splurged and stayed one night at the Marriott East in Louisville with anticipation of a great shopping day the next day. The entrance to the hotel was grand and expansive, I had to check and make sure I wasn't in New York City. We had a very polite and attentive check in host. We were sent to the 9th floor to a lovely, over the top room with a view of the city. The beds, of course, are to die for, so comfortable and the bathroom, shower, robe were splendid. Before dinner, we stopped for wine at the bar in the lobby, which was so very nice. Next morning, we treated ourselves to breakfast in bed, service promptly and delicious.
Thank you to the Marriott chain for being the top in my book and to Louisville Marriott #1 for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

You really were in Louisville and not New York City! We thank you for the positive feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. We are thrilled you were so happy with our staff, guest room accommodations, lobby bar and room service! It’s people like you that makes our job so satisfying. We hope you were able to find some great deals while shopping and in case you weren’t aware, two brand new outlet malls are being built less than 15 minutes from our hotel in Simpsonville, Kentucky. It’s due to be open in late summer, 2014. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

St Louis, Mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This Marriott reopened in July 2012 and they really did a wonderful job of rehabbing it. The rooms are appointed so nice with great beds. The open spaces are accented in a Kentucky Bourbon theme - how appropriate. However the greatest thing about this hotel are the employees - all were so nice and helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home. Thanks to all of them.

Room Tip: High rooms are nice and it looked like some end rooms had really big windows.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JeffreyThompson, Director of Sales at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with the Marriott Louisville East during you recent visit to Louisville. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Musselman Hotels LLC, in partnership with RockBridge Capital, LLC, invested more than $35 million in a top-to-bottom rebuild of the hotel. Our goal with the Marriott Louisville East was to bring the service level and amenities that people come to expect from top-tier downtown hotels to a convenient suburban location so we’re happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the rebuild of the hotel with it’s Kentucky Bourbon theme. As the “Official Sponsor of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail” we welcome you to come back to our property and stay in one of our Bourbon themed guest rooms and make a trip to one of the Kentucky distilleries along the bourbon trail.

Bonnie Eisert
Director of Sales
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for couple of different occasions, such as business, fun, and me time !! The staff is friendly, pleasant, and smiling big all the time !! The hotel is renovated and looks great ! The location is close to many Restaurants, and a great shopping center. Room service will provide anything you ask for !! Price is great and very reasonable on weekends, and a fabulous idea for couples get away, wedding,business, or simply Me time !! I higly recommend this hotel !!

Room Tip: All rooms are great !!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your continued business and for taking the time to share your recommendation on Trip Advisor. Our entire staff strives to provide excellent service each and every day and we look forward to greeting you with a smile during your next visit!

Take Care,

Jeff Thompson

Been to Louisville Marriott East? Share your experiences!