“Not awful, but I wouldn't recommend them” 3 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Not awful, but I wouldn't recommend them”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel because the Kentucky bourbon trail recommended it since it is bourbon themed. This is true and the hotel is big and nice, but the location is not very good. 20 minutes from downtown. Nothing around it. The fire alarm went off at 3am and after getting dressed and evacuating the building, no one from the front desk came outside to let us know it was a false alarm. We had to come back inside while the alarm was still going off. Potentially dangerous situation. Housekeeping also forgot to clean our room all together one day. We had a 3rd floor room when I requested a high floor (and they definitely weren't full) and then Sunday morning we woke up to a very loud Christian rock band playing in the ballroom under us. It sounded like they were in the room with us. However the breakfast was very good and the bourbon bar was good. The beds were extremely comfortable as well. The rooms were clean, and the shower was large. But I would pick another hotel next time due to their location and seemingly lack of organization.

• Stayed July 2013
JeffreyThompson, General Manager at Louisville Marriott East, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the Marriott Louisville East, I would like to personally thank you for your valuable feedback. I’m sorry to hear your experience wasn’t completely to your satisfaction. I have shared your concerns with our team and we’re making sure similar issues don’t arise in the future. We’d love nothing more than to make things right, so please contact the Marriott Louisville East if you would like to discuss your recent stay in further detail and perhaps plan a return visit sometime in the near future. We want to exceed your expectations.

Jeff Thompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was one of my new favorites in Louisville. You won't be disappointed! Everywhere we turned we were pleased with our room, staff, restaurant and bar area.

The only thing that we weren't crazy about was the location, it deserves to be downtown.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with the Marriott Louisville East during your recent visit to Louisville. It is always our goal to provide excellent customer service to our guests, so we’re happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Please think of us next time you’re in town. The hotel is located next to interstate 64 and centrally located in the east end of Louisville near a variety of restaurants, shopping and area attractions.

Take care,

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Everything was fine until the last day. I got a phone call while I was at work from the Marriott saying there was a water leak and they had to move my things from my current room to a different room. My co-workers warned me that I should go back to the hotel and supervise the operation but I didn't have a car and it was not exactly around the corner so I said it would be ok. BOY WAS I WRONG!! They forgot to move my toiletries and when I let them know, they said they would retrieve them from my old room and bring them up. I was still perfectly fine at this point. Mistakes happen right? 20 minutes later someone from housekeeping knocks on my door with a bar of hotel soap and some hotel shampoo. I explained to her I needed my stuff from my old room and she said she'd go down and get it. Soon after that my phone rings. Seems they threw away my toiletries. Ummm what? So they asked me the brands of the missing stuff and even had me verify where you could by them and the pictures of the missing items so they could replace them. I'm still fine. That's great customer service. TWO AND A HALF Hours later, they bring me a razor and some soap. None of the other things. Now I'm pissed. I call the front desk and they said they called target and Walmart but they couldn't find the brands I'd requested. Mind you I told them to go to Ulta. So they said they don't know where an ulta is so they would try Macy's. have you people never heard of the Internet? I got off the phone and googled Ulta then called them back and gave them the address. I'm not holding my breath. This is a nice hotel but they are clueless. I could have walked the 6 miles to ulta and back by now. Will I ever get my missing items?? I'm not holding my breath

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Marriott Louisville East. Your feedback is invaluable and will help us continue to provide the very highest level of service and satisfaction to our guests. I’m very sorry that we had to move your room, but then to throw away your toiletries, that was unacceptable and should have never happened. I know our team was able to locate your Ulta products and bring them to you, but you shouldn’t have had to wait over two and half hours. I would like to personally discuss this with you. You can reach me at the hotel – (502) 491-1184. I hope you give the Marriott Louisville East another opportunity in the future. I know we will exceed your expectations.

Arab, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I stayed here one night on the way to Cincinnati. We found the hotel to be very nice. The front desk staff were extremely pleasant and did everything in their power to make sure all requests were filled. Our room was spacious and the decor was set to a Kentucky atmosphere. The Concierge lounge had limited space, but the selection of food and drinks were good; however, I did not find the Concierge to be as receptive to a family as she was to the business travelers. One other complaint was that the Concierge lounge was open until 10:00, but my family went up for cookies/dessert at 8:45 only to find that they were out of the desserts and had no intentions of getting more (even though there was a restaurant downstairs which could have easily provided more). Maybe I have been spoiled by other Marriott properties, but I have experienced that they would order up more desserts if they were out that early.
I would definately stay here if in the area again. One other important note that has been mentioned earlier, the need to have access to a car in order to have ample selections for food. I did not find many opportunities for good food within easy walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This new hotel has spacious rooms and a beautiful lobby. Large ballrooms make this an excellent hotel for group meetings or wedding receptions. Although the pool is a bit narrow, it is still fine for kids or swimming laps. The weight room is excellent! Very spacious with quality aerobic machines and plenty of room for lifting free weights.
The hotel is conveniently located near many restaurants including Longhorn steakhouse, BD Mongolian Grill, Chick-fil-A, Buca di Beppo and many others.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ninth or tenth floor are quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here during Christmas for a company event, and the hotel has been completely redesigned and retrofitted. It's like a brand new hotel, and one of the nicest Marriott I've stayed in (and I stay with Marriott about 50 times a year). Very nice rooms and good food.

Room Tip: Request a high-floor room away from the elevator
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Nicely renovated and well located for downtown or suburbs. The concierge level is well worth it - the evening "snacks" are a full blow meal. Free parking. Friendly service. Only downside is that nothing is really walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Louisville Marriott East? Share your experiences!