“Unfortunately Liang's Cafe in Springhurst has closed. We miss it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Liang's Cafe - CLOSED

Liang's Cafe
3571 Springhurst Blvd, Louisville, KY 40241-4144 (East Louisville)
502-425-0188
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: East Louisville
Description: I am not sure the type of cuisine "took," since it seems to hang up. It's a Chinese Restaurant in the Springhurst shopping area off Westport Road in Louisville.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Unfortunately Liang's Cafe in Springhurst has closed. We miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This little restaurant was a great place for lunch if you were craving really good Chinese cuisine. It has been closed now for over a year/ We miss it very much!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great crab ragoon.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

Just hapened upon this place. Great food. Best crab ragoon I have ever had. Had Mongolian beef and added hot and sour soup. All were yummy.

Louisville, KY
“Top-tier traditional Chinese cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I wanted a change of pace from my usual haunts. I had eaten here several years ago, just after it opened as Liang's, and decided to give it another chance.

As I walked in, I noted that the restaurant had a 100 (perfect) score from the health department. I looked around and instantly figured out why; this place is utterly immaculate, as if the restaurant had just opened for business. The decor is neutrally toned, with sparse accents, and the atmosphere would easily impress a business client. Classical Chinese instrumentals play softly in the background, never overpowering conversation; the overall effect is quite relaxing.

Many typical Chinese-American dishes are available, including fried rice, lo mein, the ubiquitous General Tsao's and Garlic Sauce variations. Most Western diners will find the selection here familiar and a little "safer" than other places in this genre, with a small handful of more adventurous dishes.

I ordered hot and sour soup as a starter. The soup was a little heavy with white pepper, but had enough of a sour tang for balance.

After a short while, my entree arrived-- the Cumin Chicken, apparently one of the owner's signature dishes. it was elegant in its simplicity: cubed chicken sauteed with bits of onion, lightly coated in a distinctly spicy cumin-based sauce. As I was eating it, I noticed that there was no puddle of grease below the food; this is a hallmark of high quality in just about any restaurant. Just before I "dug in", I took a picture.

The amount I received was easily enough for two meals, so I asked for a to-go box. My server brought the box, with some fresh steamed rice already in the box at no extra charge! +1 for service there...

Some may find the prices here a little higher than similar dishes at competing Chinese restaurants; perhaps it's not an every-day choice in that respect. However, I consider the overall dining experience here worth the two or three dollars extra per entree, and I can easily recommend this for a special occasion, first or second date, or entertaining business clients.

• Visited October 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
“Still My Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have returned to Liang's many times for lunch. I always always always order the Chicken with Vegetables and ask them to put that in garlic sauce. The hot and sour soup can be quite spicy, but it's delicious. The owner and his wife are usually the only helpers in the dining room, and they are very friendly.
Many times when we visit Liang's we sit and talk after we eat. The owner never makes us feel rushed.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kentucky
“Great Chinese Resturaunt!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

Great food made with fresh ingredients. My family enjoys the potstickers which have been voted Best of Louisville. They should be ordered as soon as you get their since they are created from scratch..well worth the wait.