“Bad .. just plain and simple ..” 2 of 5 stars

Fern Valley Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2715 Fern Valley Road, Louisville, KY 40213   |
Ranked #88 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“Bad .. just plain and simple ..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I just noticed that my review never showed up and decided to add it again .. with the pictures.. so judge for yourself.
All in all, it was pretty dirty, smelled of mildew and it was humid due to the inside pool being in the main area and that not being air conditioned well enough to keep the humidity to a minimum. I had to clean our room when we first got there .. bleach does do wonders I tell you. Carpets were stained and mattresses as well. Sheets were relatively clean though, which was comforting. One big problem is the elevator to the upper levels.. it is in dire need of some service I would say and not very big. I would recommend not more than 4 people on this thing at once. I wouldn't stay there and I would have never stayed there had I had a choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pontiac, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I'm actually still here while I'm writing this. We came up for our son funeral and we checked in, first on the phone they told us they were a Holiday Inn, until we got here but being tired from driving and needing to get to the Hospital, we let that go.They gave us a room on the 4th floor, which was a disaster. The air didn't work,so we said okay it might just need to run for awhile, so while waiting we asked if they had wifi like they had mention at the front desk.Well of course it didn't work.So they moved us to another room, it was worse than the first. I just had to call and tell them that we can't stay the rest of our time there and they had the nerve to say they would put us in another room. This has been the worst hotel visit I have ever had. What is worse than all this, the clerk had the nerve to get a attitude because I told them about the first room.this hotel was jacked up.....please...please ..don't waste your precious time and money at this place.
Below is the picture of our air condition in our room.

Room Tip: My tip is don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
FernValleyH0tel2014, Manager at Fern Valley Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear guest,
First of all, we are really sorry to hear about the lost of your son. We can't imagine the pain that you are going thru at this time. We apologize for the AC issues and bad attitude from someone at the Front Desk while staying with us. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you during this time.
We are confident that a future visit to our hotel will better reflect our commitment to customer satisfaction.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

INTERESTING: I wrote a review about Fern Valley the moment I got back from staying in this craphole and... it's vanished. Funny enough, it was so recent, that Google saved my "Title" information above. I don't recall every single thing I said about Fern Valley, but here's what I wrote just recently on Yelp, where the info won't be deleted by "new management" or whatever they're claiming.

Business travel isn't always glamorous. There are delayed flights, luggage getting lost, rude people, stinky taxis, etc. But usually when you get to your hotel room, you can kick your shoes off and sit in peace for a minute or two.

But I wouldn't take my shoes off if you're staying here. In fact, I'd keep them on, along with your clothes, zipped and bundled from head to toe.

My company booked a block of rooms for us in October for a convention down the road. The first red flag was the reception - dingy, indifferent front desk personnel in scrubby-looking polo shirts, keys that weren't registered/didn't unlock rooms... and oh, those rooms.

To get to the rooms, you have to walk through the seven layers of hell, or, rather, the dilapidated and decaying lobbies and hallways. Carpets are pulled up or curling, elevators smell like dank cigarettes smoked 20 years ago, garbage piled up in the receptacles. I mean, there's not really a nice way of saying it, and I don't feel like I have to be nice because it's so gross, but this place is just dirty. It's old, it's dated, it's dirty. The people working there don't give a flying fook about the property - it shows.

The fire alarm went off 4+ times during our stay. At night. And why? They didn't know and were not fussed enough to FIX IT.

The bar didn't take credit cards. There's no on-site food. It's just.... no.

No. No. No. Never will I step foot in the Fern Valley Hotel & Conference Center and I urge you to most likely never do such a thing, either.

*I know there are many more details I am leaving out, but I feel the need to post this here because I wrote an original review the day after I got back on Trip Advisor and it's NOWHERE to be found. Interesting.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. Do not stay here!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. New ownership/ management team has recently taken over the Hotel since you were here in October of 2013. We are currently renovating some of the rooms and things are changing to the right direction. We are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience while you were here before, we would like to invite you to come back and see some of the changes.
Best,
Springfield, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Hotel was sub-par at best. We initially decided we could deal with the foul smells, stained carpet and outdated facilities but when we were told the next morning that the pool was not opened during the week but occasionally on Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday if a lifeguard was available, we decided our money would be better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014
FernValleyH0tel2014, Manager at Fern Valley Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear guest,
We apologize for the issues you experience while staying with us. The pool should had been open as you suggested. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed with this hotel a little while back. We have stayed here many times over the last 10-12 years. Although the property is not what they use to be. The rooms were clean, the staff is friendly and accomating. I understand they are in the middle of transition and we will stay here in Oct.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments and your interest in coming back. We look forward to seeing you back in October.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and I have had wonderful service, hence my coming back this time around. I can honestly say I have NEVER had worse service in my entire life! First off, the night manager flat out lied to us about our room and put us in the second building across the street...which normally wouldn't be an issue however the ped way is closed so you have to walk across an extremely busy street to get to the pool, restaurant, or anything else associated with the hotel. Next, we get to our room and the it is honestly more comfortable to sleep on the floor than this bed! It is rock hard and there is only 1 pillow on it. Next, I go to take a shower before my other guests take theirs and there is 1 towel and no wash rag! I go back over to talk with the "manager", and I use that term loosely because this woman has NO IDEA what customer service means, and her response is that I shouldn't have booked it online through expedia! What?! I have booked 90% of my vacations through that website and NEVER thought I was getting a crapy room just because I was getting a discount...I loved this hotel before and never even thought of another one to stay in however I am extremely saddened by the deteriorating condition and customer service...I will never come back which is a shame seeing as my in laws live 2 minutes away and I come here at least 2x per month...I will drive 20 minutes across town before giving this hotel another dime!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear guest,
We apologize for the issues you experience while staying with us. You are absolutely right, all guest should receive our best service and rooms, we will have talk with our Front Desk Staff regarding your comments. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel is perfect for a place near the Kentucky Derby. You get a lot for your money. They provide an inexpensive room and shuttle service to the Derby. Extremely convenient location to the Derby and airport.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us and your kind comments. We hope to see you back soon on your next trip to Louisville and the Kentucky Derby. It's our pleasure to serve you.
Hotel Management Staff

Been to Fern Valley Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!