“Great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East
Ranked #13 of 95 hotels in Louisville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Very clean and modern hotel, excellent service, great place to stay. Great places to eat with a lot of choices. Very safe place to stay. I would recommend this place to anyone that is traveling for business or for pleasure. This is a home away from home.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate your business a great deal and are so pleased that you've enjoyed your stays here. The staff works very hard to make all of our guests feel welcome and at home, and it's great to know that you felt that way while staying with us. I agree that the hotel is located in a great area, as it is safe, quiet, and within minutes of some of Louisville's best local restaurants and attractions. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

If I could only use one word to describe this hotel, it would be Amazing!

The staff is outstanding! Everyone is friendly and attentive to guests. The front desk clerk greeted me with a smile and made me feel welcome. The housekeeping staff and breakfast attendant were all friendly and polite. The grounds are nicely landscaped and well maintained. The decor throughout the hotel is modern and up-to-date. Every area, from the lobby to the rooms, is clean and extremely well maintained. The internet is fast and easy to access. The area surrounding the hotel is safe with plenty of restaurant options.

As a frequent business traveler, I am exposed to a wide array of hotel experiences and without reservation, I would put this property at the top of my list of excellent hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoy your stays here as much as you do. The staff works so hard to make sure that all of our guests feel "at home" when they stay with us and that their needs are met. It is always nice for them to hear from guests that they are doing an excellent job at this, and I will make sure to share to comments with them.
I know that as a frequent business traveler you are exposed to quite a few different hotels, and it means a lot to hear that you rank us amongst your favorites! We appreciate your business a great deal, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed here one evening and found it to be quiet, clean and comfortable with a typical breakfast in the am. The location is conveniently close to the Middletown restaurants and the outer beltway, both big pluses.

Room Tip: Tucked well away from the noisy beltway traffic
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us recently, and for taking the time to write a review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your time here. The staff works very hard to ensure that each guest is provided with a room that is neat, clean, and reflects the highest quality standards, and to make sure that they are given the type of service that will make them want to return again and again. I'm happy that you found your room to be quiet and enjoyed a restful sleep. I hope that you made it home safely and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Pleasantly surprised by hotel.Very clean and friendly. Continental breakfast -the usual items ,fresh and well stocked.In good and safe location with many restaurants nearby. Not too far from attractions . Would stay there again.Definitely!!!

Room Tip: Ask at desk --if available
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did! We introduced our hot breakfast program a few months ago, and it has been a big hit with our guests. I'm happy to hear that you took advantage of the complimentary breakfast and liked what we had to offer. The great thing about the hotel's location is the fact that, like you said, it is located in a safe and quiet area of town, but it's still close to all of the restaurants and attractions Louisville has to offer. We are looking forward to seeing you again!
Mason, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and the staff continues to amaze me. From the professional desk agent to the breakfast attendant, every aspect of this hotel is perfect. The hotel décor is pleasant upon entry, then being greeted by a friendly and enthusiastic staff, I knew my stay was off to a great start. I traditionally book last minute so I wasn't expecting my standard requests as far as room type, etc. to be available, but as a frequent Marriott traveler, I was pleased that a king suite on the first floor was available. The room, as always, was tastefully decorated and freshly cleaned. I am always assured that any room I stay in at this hotel is extremely clean and fresh. I received a call a few minutes after check in to assure my room was to my liking. I appreciate this added service. After a long day of work, I rested very well and enjoyed my night's sleep. The rooms are quiet and I did not hear any activity from the lobby, pool or elevators. The next morning, I was greeted by the ever-friendly breakfast attendant and enjoyed a warm breakfast. I was pleased to notice their new, fresh, hot breakfast items on the breakfast bar. Overall, my experience was extremely pleasant and I most certainly will return. I would recommend this hotel to all my colleagues and friends. Easy on and off the expressway, and a variety of restaurants around the hotel make it a perfect place for a business stay or a weekend trip with family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel! I am so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of all of the amenities we have to offer as much as you did. We always make it a point to try to honor all of our guest's requests to the best of our ability and I'm happy that we were able to provide you with a room that met all of your needs. I also thank you for your compliments to our staff, as the associates here work incredibly hard to make sure that our guests feel welcome and like they are at home and they will appreciate your kind comments very much. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family stayed here for one night en route to the Smoky Mountains. The hotel was by far one of the nicest Fairfield Inns I've stayed at, everything was modern and in great condition. Unfortunately, the lack of following proper procedures by one of the staff members at the hotel caused significant stress on my mother, who was traveling alone in a separate room. At approximately 2am, she received a phone call in her room from an individual stating that he worked for the hotel and that her credit card had been declined and it had crashed their system. He insisted that she come to the front desk immediately to provide a new credit card. My mother stated that she would be down to take care of it in the morning. The individual insisted that this must be taken care of within the next five minutes. When my mother again refused, he stated that she was not complying with the hotel rules and would need to leave the premises immediately. He then hung up. My mother tried to reach us in my room to ask what to do, but was unsuccessful as she didn't realize she needed to dial a 7 before our room number. She did however get in touch with the front desk. The gentleman she spoke with assured her that the call was not from a hotel employee and she had nothing to worry about. He stated this type of thing has happened before, and he would trace the call to determine if it was made internally or externally and to follow up with the agent on duty in the morning. My mom was understandably concerned that someone was trying to lure her out of her room, to rob her, rape her, or worse. She spent most of the night awake. When morning rolled around, a new agent was on duty at the front desk. She stated that she had been briefed on the situation and her understanding was that the call came from outside the hotel. When asked if each room has a direct dial phone number, she indicated that they do not, that all incoming calls have to go through the front desk first. While she was genuinely concerned and very apologetic, she had no explanation for the situation. She asked that we write a synopsis of what occurred along with our contact information and someone from hotel management would contact us, when they returned from the Labor Day holiday. As we were discussing this situation with the front desk agent, another hotel guest chimed in and asked if this was in regards to a phone call at 2am. We acknowledged it was, and she stated that a similar call was made to her room. Another guest also came forward with the same issue while we were there, meaning that at least three separate rooms received the call. About 24 hours after we checked out of the hotel, we received a call from Alex, the Assistant General Manager of the hotel. She was extremely professional and very apologetic for the situation. She stated they had determined that the phone calls most likely came from an individual outside the hotel and that the front desk agent on duty that evening, failed to follow proper procedure by verifying the name of the guest with the caller, before transferring the call. She assured us that they have addressed the situation with the employee and will brief all employees on the importance of following this procedure. Alex also mentioned that this is not the first time guests of this hotel, and other hotels in the Louisville area have been victims of this harassment. Often times she stated, the caller tries to get the credit card information from the guest over the phone, likely to commit credit card fraud, and only tells them to go to the front desk if the guest is uncooperative.

We've decided that going forward, we'll be unplugging the phone in our hotel rooms. Anyone who needs to reach us has our cell phone numbers and we never want to experience a situation like this again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Worldtraveler81,

I would like to apologize for your recent experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East. We take the security of our guest very seriously and unfortunately the procedures we have in place were not followed during your stay. The associate on duty that night has been counseled and all associates have been retrained in regards to our guest security. Regrettably your mother was put in a preventable situation and thankfully she handled it perfectly. Please relay my sincere apology to her. If you would like to discuss the incident further please do not hesitate to call.

Allen McKamie
502-240-6171
St. Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited Louisville and environs using the hotel as our base. The room was a stanard size (we did not have a suite), clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and plentiful with many options and timely restocked. Even the coffee was good. Staff were friendly and attentive and the room rate was reasonable. My only issue was the room was very humid even with the air conditioner on and everything in the room felt damp after a while.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator and see if your room is less humid than ours.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your recent Louisville trip! We appreciate your business a great deal, and I am so pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay! I see that you said you stayed in a standard room during your visit...if you happen with stay with us in the future, and would like a room with a little more space, be sure to check out one of our suites. They offer a few more amenities such as a microwave, mini fridge, and living area, without too much of a price increase.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings! We rolled out our new breakfast program, which includes new items such as scrambled eggs, sausage, and fresh cut fruit, just a few months ago, and our guests seem to like it quite a bit! And I must say, I also enjoy our coffee-I'm glad you liked it as well.
I do apologize for the issue with your a/c unit, as that makes for a very uncomfortable stay. If you have an issue like that in the future, please do not hesitate to let the staff know so that we can fix it right away for you.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East? Share your experiences!