“Fabulous Hotel; Fabulous Staff! What more can I say?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #19 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mason, Ohio
“Fabulous Hotel; Fabulous Staff! What more can I say?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and the staff continues to amaze me. From the professional desk agent to the breakfast attendant, every aspect of this hotel is perfect. The hotel décor is pleasant upon entry, then being greeted by a friendly and enthusiastic staff, I knew my stay was off to a great start. I traditionally book last minute so I wasn't expecting my standard requests as far as room type, etc. to be available, but as a frequent Marriott traveler, I was pleased that a king suite on the first floor was available. The room, as always, was tastefully decorated and freshly cleaned. I am always assured that any room I stay in at this hotel is extremely clean and fresh. I received a call a few minutes after check in to assure my room was to my liking. I appreciate this added service. After a long day of work, I rested very well and enjoyed my night's sleep. The rooms are quiet and I did not hear any activity from the lobby, pool or elevators. The next morning, I was greeted by the ever-friendly breakfast attendant and enjoyed a warm breakfast. I was pleased to notice their new, fresh, hot breakfast items on the breakfast bar. Overall, my experience was extremely pleasant and I most certainly will return. I would recommend this hotel to all my colleagues and friends. Easy on and off the expressway, and a variety of restaurants around the hotel make it a perfect place for a business stay or a weekend trip with family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel! I am so pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of all of the amenities we have to offer as much as you did. We always make it a point to try to honor all of our guest's requests to the best of our ability and I'm happy that we were able to provide you with a room that met all of your needs. I also thank you for your compliments to our staff, as the associates here work incredibly hard to make sure that our guests feel welcome and like they are at home and they will appreciate your kind comments very much. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family stayed here for one night en route to the Smoky Mountains. The hotel was by far one of the nicest Fairfield Inns I've stayed at, everything was modern and in great condition. Unfortunately, the lack of following proper procedures by one of the staff members at the hotel caused significant stress on my mother, who was traveling alone in a separate room. At approximately 2am, she received a phone call in her room from an individual stating that he worked for the hotel and that her credit card had been declined and it had crashed their system. He insisted that she come to the front desk immediately to provide a new credit card. My mother stated that she would be down to take care of it in the morning. The individual insisted that this must be taken care of within the next five minutes. When my mother again refused, he stated that she was not complying with the hotel rules and would need to leave the premises immediately. He then hung up. My mother tried to reach us in my room to ask what to do, but was unsuccessful as she didn't realize she needed to dial a 7 before our room number. She did however get in touch with the front desk. The gentleman she spoke with assured her that the call was not from a hotel employee and she had nothing to worry about. He stated this type of thing has happened before, and he would trace the call to determine if it was made internally or externally and to follow up with the agent on duty in the morning. My mom was understandably concerned that someone was trying to lure her out of her room, to rob her, rape her, or worse. She spent most of the night awake. When morning rolled around, a new agent was on duty at the front desk. She stated that she had been briefed on the situation and her understanding was that the call came from outside the hotel. When asked if each room has a direct dial phone number, she indicated that they do not, that all incoming calls have to go through the front desk first. While she was genuinely concerned and very apologetic, she had no explanation for the situation. She asked that we write a synopsis of what occurred along with our contact information and someone from hotel management would contact us, when they returned from the Labor Day holiday. As we were discussing this situation with the front desk agent, another hotel guest chimed in and asked if this was in regards to a phone call at 2am. We acknowledged it was, and she stated that a similar call was made to her room. Another guest also came forward with the same issue while we were there, meaning that at least three separate rooms received the call. About 24 hours after we checked out of the hotel, we received a call from Alex, the Assistant General Manager of the hotel. She was extremely professional and very apologetic for the situation. She stated they had determined that the phone calls most likely came from an individual outside the hotel and that the front desk agent on duty that evening, failed to follow proper procedure by verifying the name of the guest with the caller, before transferring the call. She assured us that they have addressed the situation with the employee and will brief all employees on the importance of following this procedure. Alex also mentioned that this is not the first time guests of this hotel, and other hotels in the Louisville area have been victims of this harassment. Often times she stated, the caller tries to get the credit card information from the guest over the phone, likely to commit credit card fraud, and only tells them to go to the front desk if the guest is uncooperative.

We've decided that going forward, we'll be unplugging the phone in our hotel rooms. Anyone who needs to reach us has our cell phone numbers and we never want to experience a situation like this again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Worldtraveler81,

I would like to apologize for your recent experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East. We take the security of our guest very seriously and unfortunately the procedures we have in place were not followed during your stay. The associate on duty that night has been counseled and all associates have been retrained in regards to our guest security. Regrettably your mother was put in a preventable situation and thankfully she handled it perfectly. Please relay my sincere apology to her. If you would like to discuss the incident further please do not hesitate to call.

Allen McKamie
502-240-6171
St. Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited Louisville and environs using the hotel as our base. The room was a stanard size (we did not have a suite), clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good and plentiful with many options and timely restocked. Even the coffee was good. Staff were friendly and attentive and the room rate was reasonable. My only issue was the room was very humid even with the air conditioner on and everything in the room felt damp after a while.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator and see if your room is less humid than ours.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during your recent Louisville trip! We appreciate your business a great deal, and I am so pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay! I see that you said you stayed in a standard room during your visit...if you happen with stay with us in the future, and would like a room with a little more space, be sure to check out one of our suites. They offer a few more amenities such as a microwave, mini fridge, and living area, without too much of a price increase.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings! We rolled out our new breakfast program, which includes new items such as scrambled eggs, sausage, and fresh cut fruit, just a few months ago, and our guests seem to like it quite a bit! And I must say, I also enjoy our coffee-I'm glad you liked it as well.
I do apologize for the issue with your a/c unit, as that makes for a very uncomfortable stay. If you have an issue like that in the future, please do not hesitate to let the staff know so that we can fix it right away for you.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!
Naples, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding nearby. This was a typical Fairfield Inn, which is a good thing. It seems fairly new and nice furnishings. The only complaints I have are that the breakfast area is too small for guests and the soap, yes the soap, smelt like wallpaper paste. Otherwise a good place to stay when in area.

• Stayed August 2013
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Louisville, and for writing such a great review of our property! The property is just a little over four years old, so it is still fairly new. I do apologize for the fact that you found the breakfast area to be too small. It does tend to get a bit crowded in there during busy times, especially on weekends when we have a lot of families staying with us. If you ever find yourself in Louisville again, and choose to stay with us, please feel free to ask the front desk for alternative seating arrangements. We do have a meeting space on the first floor, and would be happy to allow you and your family to eat in there if the breakfast area is full, as long as that space is available.
I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I hope you had a nice time at the wedding you were attending and that you made it home safely. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel based on the reviews and I am glad we did! We were originally going to stay downtown but the hotel reviews were not that great. This hotel is clean, which is good because I am very OCD. The staff is very friendly and the hotel itself is closeto restaurants and other stores. I will definitely come back if I am in this area again!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with us! It's great to hear that you found the hotel to live up to the reviews and your expectations, and that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did! The staff here works hard each day to make sure that every guest is given a room that is neat, clean, and reflects the highest quality standards, and that they are presented with the type of service that will make them want to return again and again. It is always nice to hear from our guests that they are doing their job well. We certainly look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town!
Newburgh, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Typical newer model in the Fairfield by Marriott chain. Staff, food, cleanliless, and room condition were all fine. However the (brand new) A/C in the room is too, too noisy for that sized room (we had a single king). Why do they install A/C with a loud "windy" cycle (Room 302) which cycles on and off with the thermostat, or just runs continuously, and loud, in the "fan" setting? Otherwise a nice experience. Sensitive sleepers, bring your earplugs.

Room Tip: Third floor room at the ends puts you away from the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent trip to Louisville! Your positive review of our hotel is much appreciated! The property is a little over four years old now, and the staff here works hard to keep it looking like new. I am so pleased that you found everyone to be friendly and that overall you enjoyed your stay. I am so sorry that your AC unit was loud and disruptive to your sleep, but I thank you for bringing that to our attention. Those units can be a bit noisy when they turn on, but I will have maintenance check it to make sure that there is not something wrong with it that is causing it to be noisier than usual.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I forget their names, but the staff that were on duty went above and beyond to assist me. I have a restricted diet and must travel with frozen food wherever I go. Even though the room only had a refrigerator, I was allowed to store my frozen food in the chef's freezer over night to prevent it from going bad. The room was beautiful and spotless. I stayed in the double queen suite. The beds were very comfortable and the room was already cooled down when I arrived.

I deeply appreciate the care and service I received from these people and will recommend this place to anyone staying in Louisville.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
amckamie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to write such a positive review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as you did. The staff here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Louisville East works incredibly hard each day to ensure that all of our guests feel at home, and that their needs are taken care of. I am so glad that we were able to accommodate your dietary needs, and please know that if you do stay with us again in the future you are more than welcome to store your food in our freezer again. Every day our housekeeping staff works to provide each of our guests with a room that is neat, clean, and reflects the highest quality standards, and it's great to hear that they are doing a good job. I will certainly share your compliments with the entire staff here; they will appreciate them very much.
Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Louisville East? Share your experiences!