I had a very brief one night stay here for business. It is an OK hotel, but there are too many other good options in the area to give it above a 3 star rating.
The location works well. You can see the airport from the higher floors and it is very accessible to I65. There are your usual assortments of fast-food and chain dining nearby.
The physical property is in great shape. The hotel is three years old and still feels crisp and new. Everything in my room was in good shape and arranged very well. The room itself was very clean.
Two minor complaints... 1. The climate control was not as nice as the rest of the room. There is a wall unit- however it isn't hooked up. All operations occur at the window unit. The "fan" feature didn't work, so the relatively loud unit just cycled on and off all night. I'm a heavy sleeper so it didn't really bother me too much, but I could see how it could cause some a problem. 2. The TV Cable was bizarre. There is a guide for channels, but it was inaccurate. The channel progression is something like 1, 2, 12-2, 12-34, I really didn't get it.
Breakfast was a great experience. The food itself was typical mediocre buffet food, but the service was outstanding. The attendent's name was Tilly, and she was awesome.
Overall, the customer service at the front desk was weak. I was made to feel like an inconvenience when I arrived just after 10PM. No greeting, no platinum recognition, no upgrades, nothing. I even had to confirm that my number was attached to reservation. I was hoping for an upgraded room (and even was willing to pay for it), but I was told there were only two types of rooms- "Kings and 2 beds".
Check out was almost the same experience, except for a manager who was witnessing the exchange and seemed to "get it" when it comes to customer service.
I've certainly stayed in a lot of worse places. With the right training and personnel this place could easily be better.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Airport South Hotel Louisville
- Holiday Inn Airport South Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm Welcome A new signature arrival will welcome you to the property including new lighting, to guide your way, landscaping & design features that create an energized & branded sense of welcome that is universally recognizable. Customized music & scent selections engage guests in a full sensory experience. New Service Promise: A Best-in-Class service culture Stay Real to further ensure the team develops the behaviors & skills to serve guests so they feel like individuals & not numbers; genuine people delivering real service. We are Louisville s Newest Holiday Inn located at the airport (SDF). Located off of I-65 at Fern Valley Rd., exit 128. Stay with us; park & fly with us to Louisville International Airport in our 24-hour complimentary shuttle service. Our full-service facility will take care of all your needs & exceed your expectations! See a different game in the Sporting News Grill, a sports themed restaurant to provide the perfect place to connect, dine & catch your favorite team in action during a stay at the Holiday Inn Louisville Airport. Close to where you need to be Minutes away from; Louisville International Airport (SDF), UPS World Hub, FedEx, Ford, GE & the other many companies in the area. Also, enjoy the many attractions in Louisville; Fair & Expo Center, Six Flags, University of Louisville, & of course, home of the fastest two-minutes in sports; Churchill Downs Kentucky Derby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.