“Housekeeping nightmare” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #58 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
“Housekeeping nightmare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel was perfect for our New Year's Eve plans. The front desk staff was very nice and the rooms were clean. I was very disappointed in the way the clean staff behave. Check out is not till noon. Before 8:30 am housekeeping lightly knocked on our door and proceeded to walk in. Thankfully my husband had the bathroom door open. The house keeper apologized but still woke me up. An hour and a half later he almost entered our room again and told my husband the room needed cleaning. Finally at approximately 10:30 we loaded out belonging on a cart and house keeping entered the room while we were waiting in the elevator. I probably will not stay that this particular hotel again for that reason. There is a very nice Comfort Suites next door that doesn't have harassing housekeeping.

• Stayed December 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Airport South, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Countrygirl1995,

Many thanks for your feedback of our property. I am happy that you found our reception staff amiable and location convenient. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced brought by the housekeeping staff. I understand the discomfort that this caused you and I appreciate you letting us know about this issue as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Despite your disappointment, I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Evansville, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very affordable and for a 3 star hotel, it certainly exceeded my expectations. My only complaint is that the bed was noisy, and if you are a light sleeper, you will probably wake up each time you roll over. It is also within walking distance of several nearby restaurants, which was a plus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Airport South, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Blmule6523,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. Thanks you for telling us your concerns about the bed in your room. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We appreciate all guest feedback. It allows us to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Newburgh, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I needed a hotel to just stay overnight and then catch an early flight the next morning. I was hoping to leave my car here to avoid airport fees. Upon entering my room for the evening, I had a difficult time regulating the room temp. The other problem was a smell that I could not figure out what it was. It was the smell of something new, like new carpeting but the carpet was not new. The window did not open for fresh air. I ended up not sleeping well and waking with a horrible headache the next morning. In addition, I was not comfortable in leaving my car on property as the area was a bit sketchy. So I ended up with a restless night and paid for my car at the airport afterall. Next time I will pay a bit more and stay at the Marriott.

Room Tip: This hotel allows smoking on the upper floors
Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was at Holiday Inn Airport South for couple of days last week. Ideal for short stay business trips. Very close to the Louisville Airport. Their breakfast spread was good. I was amazed by the waitress at the cafe. We were four of us on business travel. She remembered during the next day buffet what exactly each of us had asked for the previous day for breakfast. A fairly clean and well maintained hotel. The downside is that there are no water bottles in rooms. However, we can request for the same at the reception. Few good Mexican restaurants around this hotel. Worth a try.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Airport South, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear ARKMR,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all your feedback. We are so glad that we could accommodate your business needs. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We will pass your great comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for your time. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I really liked this spot. We arrived at the airport late at night and quickly found this place one exit down on 65. The staff was very nice. The room was large, comfortable and clean. It was a good night's sleep. If you're in this area, look no further! I stayed at another nearby hotel and it was horrible! This place is nice and safe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Airport South, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Skye21,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We strive as hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. Thank you so much for this review. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Cypress, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Fairly clean property. Upon checking in I was not greated as a Priority Club member or offered an upgrade despite having suites available. There was artwork missing from the walls in the room that I checked into. It seems as though they are getting comfortable with the business they automaticly get from Ford or GE that they don't really care about the guest who stays less frequently. The room was fairly clean, but the housekeepers need help. The wall need some paint touch up and the entire 4th floor has a smokey smell. Probably will not stay here again. For a $145 per night I am really let down!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is probably the nicest holiday Inn if ever stayed in . I think this property is new as the lobby , hallways and my room were impeccably clean . Location is convenient as it is close to the airport and a number of fast food restaurant . Hotel has a nice indoor pool and outdoor basketball court . The staff are not very friendly but overall I enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn .

Room Tip: HUGE King size Beds !!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Airport South, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Lovetotravel8787,

Thank you for telling us about your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback good or bad. Thank you for all of your nice compliments. We will pass them on to our staff. We apologize that you felt that our employees were not very friendly. We will pass that message on to them. At our hotel our guests are our number one priority. We apologize. Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Holiday Inn Louisville Airport South

Been to Holiday Inn Airport South? Share your experiences!