“Old, classic hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1325 S. Hurstbourne Parkway, Louisville, KY 40222 (East Louisville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #62 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Old, classic hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming. Of course, there is no free breakfast, because this is an old style HI. I did not expect one. They did not inform me of the breakfast buffet and the "kids eat free" program. I went to the lobby at 9:00 am on Sunday and learned about the deal. $9.95 per adult. Not bad. I checked out the buffet. They make custom omelets and waffles, which was a nice surprise, but the rest of the buffet was average at best.

The kids actually used the sofa sleeper. The sheets, pillow and blanket were provided, but the pillow had no pillow case. There were two broken springs on the sleeper. I ended up switching some of the springs around, so the broken ones were not adjacent to each other. This is not something that the housekeeping staff would easily notice.

I was in the lobby while my wife and grandkids were getting ready. There was bits of trash on the floor and the coffee area was a mess. Spilled coffee, packet wrappers, and trash.

The pool was small for a hotel this size. It was quite crowded for about an hour. Then some kids left and it was more comfortable.

I don't want to make it sound too bleak. Overall, it is a decent hotel. Nicely redone a few years ago. As a priority club member with AAA, the rate was under $100. Fair price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Robert T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear 71771,

Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed the cook to order omelet station. That has been a relatively new addition. We are always looking to how we can improve our guests stay and reviews gives hoteliers a good insight, so thanks again. We do have allot of changes in the pipeline and I would be interested in your input in the future.

Thanks,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Radcliff, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is an older hotel, and it could definately use a little TLC. That doesn't bother me and my family, but we did experience several issues during our recent stay that did:
-stained sheets on the bed
-my 6 year old brought me a condom that she found in the drawer
-pool area was too cold, and the engineer kept coming and turning off the sauna while I was waiting for it to warm up
(thought it was odd that the engineer lingered in the pool area as much as he did too. He was just watching the guests, but with the condition of this hotel, I'm sure there was a project he could have been working on somewhere)
-FD gave me an 'upgrade', but we were placed in an interior room with a window facing a balcony that had a Senate party that partied until way after midnight. The hotel is big enough, and was empty enough that nobody should have been placed near this group. FD informed me that this was a return group and they party like that everytime so they should have known better.
-In the morning, there were several guest folios lining the halls that never made it under the doors of their respective rooms. For me this shows a serious lack in guest security and confidentiality.

As a Platinum IHG Rewards member, IHG is always my first choice. I will choose other locations next time I'm in Louisville though, as this hotel was a rather big disappointment. I did mention these issues to staff when i checked out as well, but they didn't seem too concerned. I'm guessing the FD is pretty numb to these types of complaints at this point. I am not a needy traveler, but I do expect better from a Holiday Inn.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Joshua R.

Thank you for letting me know about your experience at our hotel. After reading about your recent experience I can't begin to tell you how embarrassed and sorry we are. I have already reviewed you experience with my team. We will utilizing your review in all of our training sessions. People like to hear only the good things but when things don't go right we need to hear that as well. You can't fix things without feed back like yours

Please contact me I would like to talk with you personally at rtrotta@hihurstbourne.com
Once again please accept our apology and thank you for bring this to my attention.

Bob
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The hotel is clearly set up well to accommodate dog shows. We were greeted with a special cover for the bed and stuffed corgis in the lobby. The pomeranian national was concluding there and we were still met with great service. Happily will go back (except the banquet food needs improvement). Thanks to all who set this up.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Robert T, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Marty G,

Thank you for noticing some of the little details we did to accommodate your group.As you are well aware it can be extremely challenging operationally wise having 2 dog shows back to back. Having the Corgis stay with us was extremely enjoyable for my team as well. I am so glad my team did a great job.

Thanks again and we enjoyed having you stay with us.
New Boston, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

After reading other reviews I was nervous to check in to this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was very attentive and allowed us to check in early so we could freshen up before the baby shower we had traveled from Detroit for. The room was spacious and the beds were out of this world comfortable. My daughter asked if we could buy the pillows. I enjoyed a cocktail at the bar and the bartender was very nice even though she was very busy.

I will say the only issues I had were the glass doors at both the front and side entrances needed to be cleaned. This is the ex hotel manager being nit-picky. Also the soda machine near my room was completely empty. It took my $2 and only returned .50. I didn't report this to anyone because we were in a rush. I'm sure they would've refunded my money had I let them know what happened.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area. There are lots of restaurants near by and a Starbucks is very close too.

Room Tip: There are several rooms with exterior corridors so be sure to specify if you only want interior corr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Mellisa J.

I appreciate you sharing your comments. I also appreciate your observations in regards to my team. They work very hard and love what they do. As you know being an ex hotel manager you know how important that is.

Thanks again and next time you stay with us make sure you stop by and say hi.
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Let me say the front desk girl, Brandi (?) was great!! She graciously changed my room when I discovered the room I had originally had access doors from the hall and both side walls!! Yikes!! Too much to worry about as a female traveling alone ! She also helped me find the FREE laundry area to dry my clothes and get to a meeting in time. The room I ended up in was huge, clean and comfortable. I ate at the hotel and was pleased with the side salad and ribs. The only strange thing was a barking dog across the hall and the fact that there was no more than 40 cars in the parking lot. The hotel was all but empty !! Kind if scary with about. 6 floors of empty rooms. The garbage truck picked up garbage RIGHT outside my window at. 6:20AM, waking me up with a jolt.
Would stay again IF I had no other choice. Again - very clean and comfortable just eerie.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I am so glad Brandi was so helpful during your stay, she is a true gem to have on our team. I am glad that you noticed our free washer and dryer service that we have available to our guests. I have heard about the garbage truck pick up for the shopping center next door. Next time you stay with us ask to be put in an even room number. that faces the opposite side of the building.

Thanks again and glad Brandi was able to make a difference.
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed here on and off for the past 10 years while up in the Louisville area on business.
This property is in an excellent location if you are in the Jtown or St Mattews areas.
Lots of dining and shopping options within easy walking distance.
Be forewarned that you are nowhere near the Louisville airport, downtown, riverfront, etc at this property.
As others have mentioned, the facility itself is a little "tired" and in need of renovation but dont let that stop you from staying here as the bedding has been updated and they have an excellent staff that can take care of your every need..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Wildcat1897,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you liked our location and our excellent staff. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We brought our swim team to this hotel, probably had 10 rooms total. The staff was great and the restaurant was good about giving us "to go" breakfasts when we had to be at the UL pool early for warm ups. We were very pleased with the guest rooms and the fact that the hotel was pet friendly helped a few of our families. The Sales staff made it very easy to book our group and all of our rooms were ready and pre-registered when we arrived. If you ever take a group to Louisville, I would suggest this hotel. Plenty of public space for our kids to gather before and after the swim meet. Rates a 5+ in my book. Well Done.

Room Tip: You can park all around the hotel. Elevators and exits are close to most rooms. The rooms on first...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel and team. I am so glad you enjoyed the breakfast and we were able to accommodate your team with having your breakfast to go.

Thanks again and see you soon.

Bob

Been to Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne? Share your experiences!