“Better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 97 Hotels in Louisville
New Boston, Michigan
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

After reading other reviews I was nervous to check in to this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was very attentive and allowed us to check in early so we could freshen up before the baby shower we had traveled from Detroit for. The room was spacious and the beds were out of this world comfortable. My daughter asked if we could buy the pillows. I enjoyed a cocktail at the bar and the bartender was very nice even though she was very busy.

I will say the only issues I had were the glass doors at both the front and side entrances needed to be cleaned. This is the ex hotel manager being nit-picky. Also the soda machine near my room was completely empty. It took my $2 and only returned .50. I didn't report this to anyone because we were in a rush. I'm sure they would've refunded my money had I let them know what happened.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area. There are lots of restaurants near by and a Starbucks is very close too.

Room Tip: There are several rooms with exterior corridors so be sure to specify if you only want interior corr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Robert T, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you Mellisa J.

I appreciate you sharing your comments. I also appreciate your observations in regards to my team. They work very hard and love what they do. As you know being an ex hotel manager you know how important that is.

Thanks again and next time you stay with us make sure you stop by and say hi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Let me say the front desk girl, Brandi (?) was great!! She graciously changed my room when I discovered the room I had originally had access doors from the hall and both side walls!! Yikes!! Too much to worry about as a female traveling alone ! She also helped me find the FREE laundry area to dry my clothes and get to a meeting in time. The room I ended up in was huge, clean and comfortable. I ate at the hotel and was pleased with the side salad and ribs. The only strange thing was a barking dog across the hall and the fact that there was no more than 40 cars in the parking lot. The hotel was all but empty !! Kind if scary with about. 6 floors of empty rooms. The garbage truck picked up garbage RIGHT outside my window at. 6:20AM, waking me up with a jolt.
Would stay again IF I had no other choice. Again - very clean and comfortable just eerie.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I am so glad Brandi was so helpful during your stay, she is a true gem to have on our team. I am glad that you noticed our free washer and dryer service that we have available to our guests. I have heard about the garbage truck pick up for the shopping center next door. Next time you stay with us ask to be put in an even room number. that faces the opposite side of the building.

Thanks again and glad Brandi was able to make a difference.
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed here on and off for the past 10 years while up in the Louisville area on business.
This property is in an excellent location if you are in the Jtown or St Mattews areas.
Lots of dining and shopping options within easy walking distance.
Be forewarned that you are nowhere near the Louisville airport, downtown, riverfront, etc at this property.
As others have mentioned, the facility itself is a little "tired" and in need of renovation but dont let that stop you from staying here as the bedding has been updated and they have an excellent staff that can take care of your every need..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Wildcat1897,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you liked our location and our excellent staff. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We brought our swim team to this hotel, probably had 10 rooms total. The staff was great and the restaurant was good about giving us "to go" breakfasts when we had to be at the UL pool early for warm ups. We were very pleased with the guest rooms and the fact that the hotel was pet friendly helped a few of our families. The Sales staff made it very easy to book our group and all of our rooms were ready and pre-registered when we arrived. If you ever take a group to Louisville, I would suggest this hotel. Plenty of public space for our kids to gather before and after the swim meet. Rates a 5+ in my book. Well Done.

Room Tip: You can park all around the hotel. Elevators and exits are close to most rooms. The rooms on first...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel and team. I am so glad you enjoyed the breakfast and we were able to accommodate your team with having your breakfast to go.

Thanks again and see you soon.

Bob
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is your basic Holiday Inn. I stayed in the tower which I can tell is preferred over the old section which is "motel like". The rooms are clean but are probably due for some upgrading. My major complaint are the beds are very hard and uncomfortable.

The manager's cocktail hour is fine (free drinks) but more food variety would be nice.

The staff was all very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: The tower.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Robert T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thebarnmichigan,

Thank you for your comments about our staff and you be glad to hear we are in the process of getting new bedding and pillows for more of our rooms. I do not have an exact date yet, as soon as I do I will let you know.

Thanks again for your comments and staying with us!
Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hotel has Kentucky Derby motif and has a warm feeling. Rooms were nice, restaurant served a great breakfast. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable of area. Close to many good restaurants and easy drive to the derby. A little dated but well maintained. Big lobby with good elevators and lots of wood paneling.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Robert T, Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
We really appreciate your review Bobby K,

You are spot on with the Kentucky Derby motif. I am not sure if you have had the opportunity to visit Louisville during the Kentucky Derby, if not it is definitely something that should not be missed.
Thanks again and hope to see you during your next visit to the Louisville area!
Ste. Genevieve, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We recently had a most enjoyable stay for a Kentucky Colonels event. First time we had stayed at this facility and will certainly rebook for next year if this is where the KY Cols. event will be held. All staff members were friendly and gracious. Bar prices seemed pretty high. Next time may bring our own alcohol and spend more time in our room. Great, convenient location. All in all, a very pleasant stay!
Colonel Kathy Tate
Ste. Genevieve, MO

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Robert T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you Colonel Tate for your sharing your experience with us.
We love having the Colonel's with us, it is such a fun event and your group does so much for others I am amazed. Looking forward to seeing you next year.
ps one of my team members became a Colonel that weekend. I have never seen her more happier. Keep up the great work and we will do the same.

Thanks Again,

Bob

Been to Holiday Inn Louisville East - Hurstbourne? Share your experiences!